Least Fishy Fish

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Least Fishy Fish

Why do men like the fishy taste of fish? you know why. they taste fishy<br /><br />Women don't like the fishy taste because? You know why. :) they taste fishy

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

My wife doesn't like fish either, but with the bacon and the lemon juice it tames the fish taste. There is not enough lemon juice to taste, but it does knock down the fish taste some.<br /><br />Also for a fresh catch I always soak it in salt water at least a day before cooking. It gives it a cleaner taste.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

My own observation is that people that don't like fish, just don't like fish, and their mindset is not gonna be altered. <br />I had my pal from Kodiak send me a 50# fresh halibut last Oct, caught and iced in a cooler, I got it within several hours of catch. I cut a 10# filet and took it to my sisters house hoping her kids would eat. They wouldn't even come in the house cause it smelled like fish. They probably painted their house to get rid of the fishy smell. Like I said, if they don't like fish, they prolly won't. Chief :)

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey fellas. <br /><br />Well, with your help, she LIKED the fish I made for her!!!<br /><br />I used a teriyaki marinade with some fresh Atlantic salmon, skin removed, and some lemon squeezed in for extra insurance. Put it on the broiler for a few minutes, and served with mashed red skins, broccli, and carrots.<br /><br />Every other time I've seen her try fish, she makes an "ew" face but this time, she didn't so she must have really liked it - ate the whole thing! When I asked her if she'd eat it again, she said "SURE!"!!<br /><br />I think that cooking it without the skin was the big helper here. The fish didn't taste fishy at all, but from removing the skin, my hands smell like I've been fishing all day!! :) <br /><br />It's going to be tuna next week!<br /><br />Thanks again!