Latest toy is now home!

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Latest toy is now home!

Thanks!<br />Since you are a Canuk, your only hope is to either find one at a Canadian Surplus auction (do they even have those?) or find one in the USA that has been owned buy several private parties.<br />The End Use Certificate prevents selling the deuces outside the US.

eeboater

Commander

Bomar:<br /><br /><br />You need to go to a Jimmy Buffett concert in that thing.<br /><br />Sean

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> I think I just found my new guide vehicle. ;)
I've heard of a few outfitters that use them as such.<br />With the troop seats in the bed you can load them up ;) <br /><br />If anyone wants the contact info for buying one of these email me and I will send his info bomar76athotmailcom

gaugeguy

Captain

The only thing missing is the M2 (ma deuce) .50 cal machine gun on the roof ;) <br /><br />
Suppor3.jpg

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> The only thing missing is the M2 (ma deuce) .50 cal machine gun on the roof ;) <br /><br />
That's one reason I got a soft top....<br />I have a dummy Ma Deuce that I made years ago, and wanted to put it up there every now and then.<br />The problem is the ring mounts are just about impossible to find. I have my eyes open, and someday I'll run across one.<br /><br />Anybody have one laying around :D ?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Oh, ok.... The thread subject threw me for a minute.<br />"New toy is now home", I had it in my head that momma saw that thing pull into the driveway, and threw your clothes,some blankets and a porta poti out the front door :) <br />Kewl toy! My ex-employer got a few of those for muthin,along with some GMC diesel pickups, from the govt surplus depot.<br />Being a municipality, they got first dibs on all kinds of neat stuff, like old parachutes,generators ect.<br />Bad part about it was, the police dept usually grabbed all the really neat goodies before we did.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, the psudo government agancies get first crack at all the surplus and what is left anymore is pretty bad...what's left over goes to the auctions. They even have given trucks and such to the freaking Boy Scouts.<br />The auctions are now run by a mafia division that buys the stuff from the government for darn near nothing and runs internet auctions, and do it all on US bases...and charge a 10% buyers premium on top of that....nice if you can pull that off.

Bondo

Staff member

I Absolutely LOVE the Idea of a Deuce for a 1st ride..................<br /><br />By the time he's 18,.... He'll be able to Drive,+/or Park,.. Anything with Wheels............ :D ;)

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Does the BIG deuce have power steering?

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

It's gonna be my son's daily driver when he turns 16 this fall....<br /><br />What safer thing could a adolescent boy drive?<br /><br />
Safer for who :confused: Imagine everyone in the path of a testoserone charged learner driver who don't need to give way to anyone. :D :D <br /><br />Besides methinks you've just solved your "lift club" problem. ;) <br /><br />Cheers<br />Andrew

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I want one. I'll bet I could put a bunch of square bales on that baby.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by beezee28:<br /> Does the BIG deuce have power steering?
No M35 A1's or M35 A2's were ever equipped with power steering.<br />A very few had an air assist system added, but short answer is no.<br />There are kits available to add air assist steering....big $$$$.<br />They really aren't that bad to steer - you just have to learn to master the 20 point turn ;)

one more cast

Captain

What safer thing could a adolescent boy drive?<br /><br />56 MPH top end <br />13,200 lbs empty (crash survivable)<br />
What about the other guy? Scares the hell out of me. Put the average 16 year old behind the wheel of that thing and he will think the road belongs to him.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br />
What safer thing could a adolescent boy drive?<br /><br />56 MPH top end <br />13,200 lbs empty (crash survivable)<br />
What about the other guy? Scares the hell out of me. Put the average 16 year old behind the wheel of that thing and he will think the road belongs to him.
Evolution in action....survival of the fittest and smartest.<br />I can't believe people would allow thier family to ride in most of the vehicles on the road today....Dodge Neons, Mini Coopers, Scions, etc.<br />My wife is a firefighter/EMT and reguarly scrapes thier bodies off the roads.

Bondo

Staff member

From the Safety standpoint,..... The Only Issue I see is the Tires.............<br /><br />That NATO Tread pattern $uck$ when it's Wet......... No center tread........<br />A set of Bagdad Retreads would be Safer......

bubbakat

Captain

I like the truck but put him in one of these<br />
camperrestore056.jpg

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by bubbakat:<br /> I like the truck but put him in one of these<br />
LOL...<br />I like that one too, but babysteps<br /> :D

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Congrats.I love those old babies. We used them in Sinai desert first in the army and later in guided tours.We did however change the engines to British Leyland because the multifuel engines used fuel like crazy and smoked up a storm.<br />About the m113 troop transport vehicle in Bubbacats post.The only reason why police departments got them is because you can fire an 0.30 from a browning machine gun at them and the bullet will go in on the left side, go through it and out on the right side.That is if it did not first ignite the fuel in the tank that hangs on the left side towards the rear where you have to go in order to run out on the rear ramp.That thing is just about the worst fighting vehicle I can imagine.

baja power

Petty Officer 2nd Class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Top comes off, windshield folds down....how much mover convertible do you want [/QB]<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Chassis a bit closer to the ground and a blonde in the passenger seat. A blonde out of uniform. Not naked, just not in a soldier's uniform. Well, naked would be OK too.
you wanted a convertable.... lowering the chassis and putting a ***** in it has nothing to do with the orignal topic you posted...