Latest toy is now home!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Latest toy is now home!

But how much will it tow?!?! :) <br /><br />Looks like a lot of fun! :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Wow brings back memories! They will darn near go ANYWHERE!!! Even though it is a multi fuel I would stick with diesel. Great climbing power and actually pretty easy to work on. Geez if I could get back all the time I spent driving one, maintaining one and just in the back of one... great memories.<br /><br />Bob

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> oh yea, does it have a receiver hitch for the boat?
The hitch is just a little high for the boat trailer, then there's that 24 volt problem to deal with ;) <br /><br />I think I'll keep the little truck (my Ford 4/4 PSD Superduty Crew Cab longbed) as a tow vehicle ;)

baja power

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by bomar76:<br />email me off list. bomar76athotmail.com..they really aren't very $$$ and I can hook you up w/ my source.<br />Here is what needs done to it:<br /><br />Ran FANTASTIC from London OH (where I bought it) home. <br /> <br />Took it for a spin later and evidently I had stirred up all the garbage in the fuel tank...the fuel looks like pureed pumpkin now....and it began to miss and loose power. <br />I am going to drain the tank, change all 3 fuel filters, and purge the lines tomorrow if the secondary fuel filters arrive in the morning. <br /> <br />Other than that, it's good to go. I need to replace the window weather stripping, install a new fuel shut off cable, repair the E brake, replace 1 of the air operated wiper motoers (wiper works, but is missing the manual lever) and fix the horn. <br />No big deal, seller included all the parts. <br />These trucks are about as moron proof as you can get.
You must be Pedro's cousins with the sweet hookups! ;)

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by baja power:<br />
You must be Pedro's cousins with the sweet hookups! ;) [/QB][/quote]<br /><br />SHOCKS >>>>>PEGS>>>>>>LUCKY!!!!!!!!!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bomar76,<br /><br />Sounds like a good reason to buy a bigger boat... :)

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Whats the MPG, or FPG (Feet per gallon)?
on highway, about 10 to 13 mpg

gaugeguy

Captain

I'm with Bob_vt, that brings back a whole bunch of memories. As for being moron-proof, I saw a dufus roll one down the side of a hill in Korea, luckily there was only minor injuries.

eeboater

Commander

Ok, I read through this whole thread. You didn't explain why you bought it?!<br /><br />Sean

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Ok, I read through this whole thread. You didn't explain why you bought it?!<br /><br />Sean
It's gonna be my son's daily driver when he turns 16 this fall....<br /><br />What safer thing could a adolescent boy drive?<br /><br />56 MPH top end <br />13,200 lbs empty (crash survivable)<br />6 wheel drive<br />10-13 MPG (will keep him busy earning fuel money)<br />great father son project<br />Value will always increase if we take even minimal care of it<br />Insurance is VERY cheap (I'm paying $65 a half right now for me with full coverage and $10,000 value)<br />Dependable as can be.<br /><br />Beats the hell out of turning him loose in a ricer.

eeboater

Commander

I thought you were joking! I can't imagine seeing him pull up to class in that thing.<br /><br />Don't you need a special license for large trucks like that?<br /><br />Sean

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> I thought you were joking! I can't imagine seeing him pull up to class in that thing.<br />Don't you need a special license for large trucks like that?<br />Sean
No CDL as it's only 18,200 GVW, and anyway it is a non commercial vehicle so it could weigh 500,000 lbs and no CDL would be needed.<br /><br />I'm tagging it as a historical vehicle so tags are a one time fee of $21.00 w/ no renewal required. <br />Can't get much more historical than a Viet Nam era deuce!

rogerwa

Commander

I hope he never has to replace the rubber on that thing..<br /><br />There certainly will be no sneaking up the house late with it..

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

The NDT tires are only $75 each<br />I just put tires on my SuperDuty ...$151.00 each<br /><br /><br />Granted, there are 10 tires on the deuce compared to only 4 on mine, but still not bad at all.<br /><br />Stuff for these trucks really isn't that expensive.<br /><br />As for the noise factor.....LOL......as a turboed diesel, is NOT required to have a muffler, and non of them do. It is a little loud ;)

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Had my share of riding in those in the marines. Are the benches still in there on both sides? Also use to have small lights on front for night operations , real dim and good for nothing. Thanks for the flash back.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Swing it by the shop Joe.....got several cases of longnecks I need hauled.......
38.gif

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Black out lights are on it.....good for not being spotted, but not for driving.<br /><br />Troop seats in the back.<br /><br />Party machine extrodinar!

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Swing it by the shop Joe.....got several cases of longnecks I need hauled.......
38.gif
Your little street would be a challenge for the deuce, Jim ;) <br /><br />But I think I am up to it :D <br /><br />We just might take a road trip over there this summer....my son is going to need a lot of supervised driving instruction prior to being turned loose!

brother chris

Commander

Nice toy Bomar. <br />I would love to have one of them. Maybe I will check out our Gov.site for listings.