Katrina - CHECK IN Thread

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: Katrina - CHECK IN Thread

Thanks KaGee. I haven't had time to keep up with all the threads. One more safe is a great thing.

islandboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Trophy 175 checking in. We got hammered here in Gulfport. We stayed home and watched the fury for almost 8 hours. Spent some of the time getting a closet ready in case our house gave way as I watched some of my neighbors homes do. I see reel poor checked in through another thread. Hope he and his family are OK. <br />Got internet yesterday but still no drinking water. I've seen the coast from one end to the other and have been allowed in several "offlimits" areas. Took pictures and copied them to a cd tonight only to realize that it was a waste of time as they cannot show the real heartbreak and destruction here on the coast. Many of my freinds and coworkers have nothing left of their homes (and no flood insurance as it was not required due to not being in a "floodzone"). 25' above sealevel is quite a hill in this part of the country, but it couldn't stop a 31' tidal surge. I have traveled and worked in this destruction for 3 weeks and I cannot get used to it, even though I've travelled to many storms due to my job. It's been 3 weeks and they are still finding bodies. One can travel for 10 miles down hiway 90 and not see one house standing, only debri fields. It's heartbreaking.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Great to hear from you trophy.<br />Glad you and yours are safe.<br />We're all pulling for you.<br />If there's anything any of us can do, put the word out and we will try to get er done.<br /><br />In case you don't see the other thread, ReelPoor's business is located 2.5 miles N of I10, on hwy 49, Rick's Auto Repair. Its got to be almost in your backyard. <br /><br />Be careful, stay safe.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

"If there's anything any of us can do, put the word out and we will try to get er done."<br /><br />Ditto that, with sugar on top!...<br /><br />Good to have ya back...<br /> :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Thanks for checking ion Trophy, good to see your post. I ditto the above comments. If you need anything just holler.