Katrina - CHECK IN Thread

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Katrina - CHECK IN Thread

I know Biloxirivers real name (tore my desk up looking for his addy).. I'll see what I can find..

JasonB

Lieutenant

The list is pretty short at the moment. Hopefully it will grow quickly.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I sent Biloxiriver an e-mail a few days ago in hopes that it somehow reaches him... <br /><br />I know that his home is right on the biloxi river.. I fear the worst, but hope for the best....

JasonB

Lieutenant

*most* people have survived. We can only hope/pray these guys and their families are ok. Homes can be rebuilt as needed.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

any word on any more of the missing iboats crewmembers? <br /><br />reelpoor?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Nothing yet, iboats will most probably be the last thing on their minds, the whole of the Mississippi coastal area has been totally wiped out, and besides the poor souls won't have any access to the internet for quite some time to come, and that is if they're still among the survivors. I do hope that together with their families they're all well.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

while anyone is checking lists. I am looking for a David Pushcar, my mothers late husbands grandson, about 23 years old. last known in Deiberville LA(sp?) was warned by many to leave. he had said they may go to greenville MS but did not know. we have had no contact with him since sunday aug 28th. all my other realatives and friends in the AL,MS area seem to be healthy anyway. the neighborhood I grew up in,pascagoula MS, is reported destroyed. lived on sunset blvd. pascagouls MS. but while anyone is searching lists look for any Pushcars, found or otherwise, please.

SoulWinner

Commander

For you guys looking for missing people, I can tell you that after Ivan, everything was down for a while. Power, phone, cable, everything. There was no way to communicate with the outside world. Ivan, as bad as was, was NOTHING compared to Katrina. I am praying for Reelpoor and the others, but give them time. Iboats is the last thing their minds right now. They have to worry about how and where to work, how to feed themselves, how to help their neighbors in need....the list never ends after this kind of devastation.<br /><br />I am praying for them, but in my heart I feel like they are ok, just preoccupied with survival right now. God's Speed to them on their road to recovery.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Ok.. Got some good news.. :) <br /><br />Biloxiriver sent me an e-mail today.. Aside from flood and wind damage to his home, He and his family are all OK!.. :) <br /><br />" We are all alive. House<br />took a beatin' with roof damage and 4' of water<br />inside. Hell of it is the finish floor of our house<br />is elevated 16.5 feet, which means we had some 20' of<br />water up the river at my house. The 2 pix are of my<br />living room before and after (note the couch floated<br />and turned over). All homes in our neighborhood<br />flooded much deeper than mine though; most 6 - 8 feet.<br />But whether it is 4' or 8' it is bad. All of my gang<br />are ok, no injuries. We evaced when they announced<br />cat 5 and got up to Jackson to a hotel. Bought a<br />travel trailer to live in at my daughters house while<br />we rebuild; she got power on late last night (she is a<br />nurse at a local hospital). Her house has roof<br />damage and ceiling loss, but is livable. So<br />considering many others we are doing great. Thanks<br />for checking on me. Hope you and yours are doing well<br />too. By the way; no damage of any kind to my boats,<br />just don't know how long it will be before they get<br />back in the water."

KaGee

Admiral

That's good news Snapper. Now if we could only hear from Reel Poor. :(

ehenry

Commander

Anybody heard anything from ReelPoor?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> That's good news Snapper. Now if we could only hear from Reel Poor. :(
Good news indeed getting word from Biloxiriver :) <br /><br />Along with Reel Poor, add 175 to the still missing list :(

JasonB

Lieutenant

Excellent news on BR.<br /><br />Bumping back to teh top for Reel poor, 175, and any others.

KaGee

Admiral

Jason... Reel Poor checked in on another thread.<br /><br />Still waiting on Stratos though.