Katrina - CHECK IN Thread

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Katrina - CHECK IN Thread

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> This just in.<br />"Louisiana governor says all of New Orleans must be evacuated"<br />Parts of it is under 25 feet of water and all the one's that found shelter yesterday have got to leave because of rising water.
80% under water 20ft deep in some places, this is a huge and devastating disaster, Where are they going to put all of these folks?<br /><br /><br />KaGee <br />Captain <br />Member # 48156 <br /><br /> posted August 30, 2005 07:16 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Been thinkin about reelpoor all day. Hope he and his are well. <br />_____________________________________________________________<br /><br /><br />So have i, i can't seem to get him off of my mind, i do hope that him and his family are well.

JasonB

Lieutenant

I know what you mean KaGee, I've had a knot in my stomach since all HE** broke loose down there. I don't know RP or 175 very well, but I consider them friends from here. I keep wanting to jump in the truck with a chainsaw and whatever other tools and drive down there and try to help..... <br /><br />Just heard from a relative by marriage that lived in N.O. with his family. They got out and are hold up in Houston. They lost everything but what they took in the car. They have a report that their house is GONE. He also was told not to bother reporting back for his job as the company is essentially GONE. To make matters worse, the hotel they are is is plugging them for $200/night :mad: :mad: They ar etrying to get to TN where their family is to try and start over.<br /><br />I read today that one of the larger Nashville hotels, Lowes' Vanderbilt, has been giving rooms to Katrina refugees at half price.<br /><br /><br />Any other board members in the affected areas? I'm sure there are.<br /><br />EFHenry, you Ok there in central Miss?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Pray for these folks, I really think this will be our worst natural disaster in 100 years.<br /><br />Ken

txswinner

Banned

My cousins from Pascougoula are ok, they went to Jackson and stayed their son. If you have names I will be glad to send to them and see if they know anything.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by SS Mayfloat:<br />How about Soulwinner? I know he lives by Pensacola. Has he posted?
Just talked to Mrs. SoulWinner, they are ok, just real busy right now. :cool:

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

My son and his family evacuated from the NO area. They are well, but we fear the worst for their house. They don't know when thet'll let them go back to check on it.

ehenry

Commander

I'm a little north of Jackson and it was pretty rough here. Thousands with out power, most of Jackson has no power. I'm at work now. I dont know how we have power but we do. I lost power for about 20 hours at my house. We have lots of trees down and thats mainly it around my area.<br /><br />The eye of the storm crossed I20 in between Newton, MS and Meridian, Ms on its trek north. That put me on the west side of the storm.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

thanks txs......His wife's name is Mary. Their child's name is Noah.<br /><br />I posted on the website posted above, but there's not much traffic there and it's awful darn slow...but thanks for the link!

Gold Bear

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK here in Mobile. Had a big pine tree fall and graze my house, but no structural damage. Our power came on last night, and has been erratic every since. <br /><br />I used to live in Slidell and still (I hope) have friends over there. One in particlar had his house and business destroyed. Others I have'nt been able to get in touch with.<br /><br />My heart goes out to all those people further west of here and I thank GOD that my family is safe, it could have been a lot worse (here in Mobile).<br /><br />On the other hand I am going to be busier than a one armed paper hanger in the near future because I am an indepentant marine surveyor.<br /><br />Regards to all,<br />Gold Bear :) :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hello friends :D <br />Kat just left here and I have a big tree laying<br />in my yard... can't even try to comprehend what<br />happened down south before she lost her fury!<br /><br />just had to check in and add my thoughts and<br />prayers for my good friends here.<br /><br />may u be as lucky as I was!

FLATHEAD

Captain

Heard from my cousin today. Her and my uncle lost everything. Both house's gone,, under water!! It was a relief to hear from her. she went to a friends house west of the city, last my uncle was heard from he decided to get out , but went to a Friends in Mississippi Still no word from him and my other cousin that is with him. <br /><br />Cindy her daughter and her fiancé are coming up here to live with us till things get back to where they can get to whats left of their lives. They are coming up here with only a few hundred dollars and literally the clothes on their backs. She could hardly fininsh a sentence without breaking down. I am totally devastated by this and am worried sick about my uncle and cousin. Prayers please.

Stratosfied

Ensign

We made it fine in Escambia Co Al. Didn't lose power or cable all day. SW is in the next Co south in FL. They should be OK as well. I am trying to get in touch with my classmates back in MS. All I get on phone is a busy signal. Hope that everyones families are OK.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Just got word. My aunt was able to use a cell phone and called and left a voicemail on my mom's phone stating that they were ok and with friends. <br /><br />My mom didn't get to talk, but at least we finally got word that they are accounted for.

Triton II

Commander

Any word to anyone from Reel Poor? I saw the video of Gulfport and it's worse than the pictures from Stalingrad in WWII! This thing is looking really bad for so many families - our hearts go out to you.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by Triton II:<br /> Any word to anyone from Reel Poor? I saw the video of Gulfport and it's worse than the pictures from Stalingrad in WWII! This thing is looking really bad for so many families - our hearts go out to you.
Triton i seriously fear the worst, i don't know Reel Poor personally and i have never spoken to the fella, i cannot for the life of me get him off of my mind :(

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Let's not forget iboats member, Biloxiriver....

LadyFish

Admiral

Flahthead, I'm sorry to hear of your family's losses. I hope and pray the rest of them are just held up somewhere. <br /><br />Hang in there buddy, our prayers are with you.