Katrina - CHECK IN Thread

LadyFish

Admiral
Anyone in the path of Hurricane Katrina please check in here and let us know you're okay and how the storm impacted your area.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Katrina - CHECK IN Thread

LF,<br /> Heard it may be the tenth of Sept. b4 the power is back on in thoes parts. Just have to pray till then.

gonfishn

Commander

We are suppose to get 4-6 inches of liquid sunshine today..To late for the farmers in our area..

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br /> LF,<br /> Heard it may be the tenth of Sept. b4 the power is back on in thoes parts. Just have to pray till then.
Maybe at least those in other areas of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee can let us know how they made out. I realize its gonna be awhile before we hear from some of our members. :( <br /><br />I heard that even as far up as Nashville, they are receiving 50 mph winds. Lots of trees all along I-55 and the Natchez, I can only imagine the damage.<br /><br />Gonfishn, hang on to your hat...hopefully she won't stall and drop that much rain on ya.

JasonB

Lieutenant

I'm about 40 miles south of Nashville and I don't think the winds ever got that bad here and the rain has been a steady downpour, but no thunder/lightning. It was raining sideways for a bit and bending tree tops, a gust here/there, but not horrible. We're supposed to be half way through it, but the local weather is still issuing wind advisories. Pretty much all schools closed due to the potential flooding. I think we were at 3-4" of rain this am.<br /><br />I'm concerned about the guys around Gulfport. 12' of water in the streets.

txswinner

Banned

I am looking for my cousins Robert and Sandy Harris from Pascagoula if anyone gets contacts from there.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

We're looking for Relatives too in Pascagoula. There's a house on the front of usatoday.com. that house is several houses down from theirs. They refused to leave...

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Calling Reel Poor, calling Reel Poor, come in Reel Poor :(

JasonB

Lieutenant

Stratos175 is only a couple miles from Reel Poor I believe from another thread. KK and TX, hope your family is ok.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by JasonB:<br /> Stratos175 is only a couple miles from Reel Poor I believe from another thread. KK and TX, hope your family is ok.
Those guys got the worst battering from this storm, their area has been devastated, i'm hoping that they're alive and well :(

oddjob

Commander

Sorry to tell ya'll I survived :) ...I pray for those in NO, :( Gulfport and Biloxi. I lost power only....drove to Orlando over the weekend cause the kids were driving me crazy about the power. Oh, and the neighbors running their industial strength generators 24/ 7 on each side of my house. One ran it all night lond!!!!!!! :mad:

LadyFish

Admiral

Glad you're okay oddjob.<br /><br />The videos that are coming in from all the affected areas are so devestating.<br /><br />You know, most of us take it for granted that when we come home, our house and all our possessions will be there. There are literally thousands upon thousands who have either nothing left or water up and over the roof top of their homes. They won't have running water or electric for as much as 6 months, some even longer. They can't get in touch with loved ones to see if they are okay. Its heartbreaking.<br /><br />I fear this same thing happening to us every hurricane season. This one very easily could have been us. No doubt, one day it will be.<br /><br />These people need your prayers for a long time to come.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

It just amazes me with technology. With all we have, we still don't have phone service due to storm disasters. :confused: <br /><br />How about Soulwinner? I know he lives by Pensacola. Has he posted?

txswinner

Banned

It amazes me that people like my cousins keep building right back on the coast and do not always get out. Robert and Sandy's back yard ends at the flounder flats, you can see the barrier isle offshore. This is at least the third time they will be wiped out. I hope they left.

txswinner

Banned

SBN thanks for sharing the film. Guess the old plantation houses along the coast are probably gone.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This just in.<br />"Louisiana governor says all of New Orleans must be evacuated"<br />Parts of it is under 25 feet of water and all the one's that found shelter yesterday have got to leave because of rising water.

KaGee

Admiral

Been thinkin about reelpoor all day. Hope he and his are well.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How did 12Footer and DHadley fare in FL?<br /><br />You there, gents?

Triton II

Commander

Our very best wishes from all of us in Australia. We hope to see everyone affected getting back into their normal routine and posting soon.