Just thought I'd share a nice photo.

aspeck

Staff member
Was in Venice YEARS ago ... 40 plus ... and I didn't like Venice. It was dirty, the water was flooding the square and we had to walk around in about 6-8 inch deep water, and it was cold. It wasn't a fun time to be there. My daughter was there 5 years ago and it was totally different. I envied her time there because it was so different than mine. Now I am ready to go back and maybe visit some relatives in the southern part of Italy while I am there ...

southkogs

Staff member
never been to italy, folks love it. I've got a pic that my dad took up on the wall on a big canvas. really cool
I was surprised (pleasantly) by this trip. It's been rainy most of my time here in Italy, but sight seeing was a secondary thing. I think I got a few good shots with the Nikon, so maybe i'll get a couple up on the wall.
Hey @southkogs ..... that last pic would look great as a water-color similar to what was done with my boat pic
I actually brought my water color travel kit with me, but haven't had much time to paint (too busy working, visiting and lookin' at stuff). But I've got a few shots that I'd like to try to paint. The colors on the gondolas were really cool.

Was in Venice YEARS ago ... 40 plus ... and I didn't like Venice. It was dirty, the water was flooding the square and we had to walk around in about 6-8 inch deep water, and it was cold. It wasn't a fun time to be there. My daughter was there 5 years ago and it was totally different.
Venice was cold, crowded and wet (lots of standing water, but not flooded)- but I got to see the major sights I wanted (the Grand Canal & St Marks). I'm glad I saw it, might enjoy seeing it again sometime - but I really enjoyed getting out of town and visiting the area around Aviano and Pordenone. Lots out here that was cool to see.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I know everyone doesn't hunt. But one day my younger son and I were bow hunting deer in a WMA. (obviously decades ago now). We were merely 12' off the ground and about the same distance from one another. Well mommy bear and her young cub came into the area and I turned to my son and put my finger at my mouth to tell him not to move or make a sound. Having a young cub with her, if she smelt either of us or seen us, it wasn't going to end well for anyone. She walked at the very base of those little ladder stands and never knew we were there. The little cub would run up to her and sit down like a dog does. She would continually wonder along and the cub was running up and sitting down as if to say, mom stop, I'm tired. They never seen or smelt or heard either of us and that was the best hunt I think either of us ever experienced. She was close enough to literally spit on her head....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
^^^^ Very cool. Must of been a little nerve wracking.... It happened to my brother too where a cub came up to him during rifle season. He was fortunate the cub didn't say a word. Never did see mamma...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Wife stalked a picture of me and my Fred. He claimed me as his human almost immediately when we got them at about three months old. He was 45 lbs lighter then.

George is in the lower right corner of the pic. He's camera shy.

They are littermates, basset and beagle mix. Each one took more of one trait from each breed.

1716729373627.png

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Wife stalked a picture of me and my Fred. He claimed me as his human almost immediately when we got them at about three months old. He was 45 lbs lighter then.

George is in the lower right corner of the pic. He's camera shy.

They are littermates, basset and beagle mix. Each one took more of one trait from each breed.

View attachment 398542
Okay, I just have to ask...which one is the basset/beagle mix and which one is you? lol