Just thought I'd share a nice photo.

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The first photo of the mountains is the southern tip of Greenland. That is ice floating in the water running up between the mountains in the foreground. The mountains rise from sea level to 10,000’ in a few miles.

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The second photo of the desert valley was taken over Iran a couple years ago. It was on a flight from Dubai to Germany before all the political turmoil. Our operation no longer flies over Iran.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
made the morning weather with this one the other day. susnset form the house. There have been a bunch of nighthawks but not this time.

TPTo8kn.jpg

SkiGuy1980

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The first photo is the sunset over the Jamestown Marina on Lake Cumberland. My cousin snapped the shot with his new Pixel phone on 9/30/19.

The second photo is a distant shot of 76 Falls, Lake Cumberland taken 10/1/19. The lake was at winter pool already (down about 20-25 feet from August 1) so we didn't try to get back to the wall. On the left you can see where the Corp trimmed the trees that popped up when the lake was dropped for a 5 or 6 year repair on the dam.

Attachments

• Cumberland Sunset 9-29_2.jpg
    Cumberland Sunset 9-29_2.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 76 Falls.jpg
    76 Falls.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 2

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I've had a few pix on our local news too. One them the news gal and weather guy talked about it briefly. It's kinda cool ....

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Great pics, thanks for sharing! One of the good things that many carry around a small computer these days (with a camera and, oh ya, a phone) is that there are so many pictures to share.

This one on the Erie Canal a week or so ago sunset canal.jpg

Old Ironmaker

Captain
A few of my pics made it into the Hamilton Spectator newspaper a few years back. One was of a baby Robin sitting in our Rose of Sharon all day long, it had only a few feathers on it. No idea how it got there, it was gone the next AM. It must have flown there but it sure didn't look mature enough to. The other was of a Hummingbird nest in a tree with chicks in it only a few feet from our deck. The baby birds heads were the size of a pencils eraser maybe. The nest was the size of a walnut. I need to find them to post here.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Great pics, thanks for sharing! One of the good things that many carry around a small computer these days (with a camera and, oh ya, a phone) is that there are so many pictures to share.

This one on the Erie Canal a week or so ago

Where about on the canal garbageguy ? Mom was born in North Tonawanda NY where the canal starts at the Niagara River. My best memories as a child were in N.T. I spent many many hours fishing it as a kid. Nani and Nono's home was 2 blocks from the canal.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Where about on the canal garbageguy ? Mom was born in North Tonawanda NY where the canal starts at the Niagara River. My best memories as a child were in N.T. I spent many many hours fishing it as a kid. Nani and Nono's home was 2 blocks from the canal.

Right near where you're talking about, about here 43.023102, -78.863385, heading upstream toward Niagara River. I think we stayed on the wall in NT that night. I've probably ridden the bicycle by the house you mentioned. We're probably going to that area again this weekend (Canal cruising time of year).

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Right near where you're talking about, about here 43.023102, -78.863385, heading upstream toward Niagara River. I think we stayed on the wall in NT that night. I've probably ridden the bicycle by the house you mentioned. We're probably going to that area again this weekend (Canal cruising time of year).

120 Payne Ave. Payne ends at the canal. If you guys are docked there or Tonawanda and you like roast beef there is a place in Tonawanda that folks here in Canada drive to just to get a sangwidge there. Swiston's. It's on a secondary canal where they dock the boats at the restaurant. All they serve is roast beef sandwiches on a Kimowich bun with a big pickle and all you can eat free Popcorn. Beer of course too. It's a bun sold exclusively in the Buffalo area. It has caraway seeds baked into the top. About 3" of melt in your mouth razor thin Beef and juices. I have seen my wife whack out 3 of them one after another the 1st time I took her 27 years ago. You can walk to it over the canal bridge in North Tonawanda, anyone there will know where it is. If you are in NT you have to check out the Rivera Theatre. A short walk from the canal past my great grand parents home. A land mark they put a few million into getting it back the way it was over 100 years ago. Great shows and bands play there now. It was 10 cents to go to the show when I was a kid. We hid under the seats for the second show. My fave was Jason and the Argonauts. If my wife could stay in the US for more than 6 months I would buy a place in NT. Prices for homes are about 2/3 less than where we are in Ontario. Maybe even less.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hey achris . Got any new picks for us ? With all of world kinda ugly right now it would be nice to see something pretty for a change .. Anyone got anything new or old ?