John Kerry showing his support for vets...

FSHKPR

Ensign
Re: John Kerry showing his support for vets...

Oh Boy!! not that i am a kerry fan. or a bush fan either for that matter. but that first picture up there is a fake!you can tell just by looking at it thats its two pics blended together. http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/kerry2.asp people really should check out snopes before spreading around false things, just to try to make thier side look better. i dont have a side i figure no matter who gets in we are in deep do do!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

PW, the "Kerry/Fonda ticket" is doomed to failure, and your party actually wants it like that (in a bitter-sweet way).<br />If Bush wins, then the Hildabeast has a better chance of running and winning in 2008. And make no mistake, she is scheming that way allready. Don't belive me? just wait until Janruary, 2008.

PW2

Commander

You will note that I never said anything against either Clinton's lack of service, Cheney's deferments and lack of service, or Bush's connections to get a cushy National guard spot in the Viet Nam era. Nor did I care particularly whether Bush showed up for duty or not. Or place any sort of value judgement on Kerry's service in combat, and his subsequent protests of the war in Viet Nam.<br /><br />All of the above, by all of the participants, presumably were done in accordance with the laws of the US. I have no problem with that. With any of them.<br /><br />What I have a problem with is attacking the character, motives, patriotism or whatever of an individual that did choose to serve in combat. Coming from those that never did serve, and in fact opted out of, combat. And yes, I include myself in this group. I would never criticise any who chose to serve and fulfilled their duties honorably.<br /><br />I may criticise the leaders, the goals, or the policies that got us into conflict, depending on the circumstances, but never an honorably serving soldier.<br /><br />And no, I do not think the "left" has any sort of lock on truthfulness, or policy. there are lots of policy positions by Kerry that I do not agree with--no question about it.<br /><br />What I object to in today's conservative movement, however, is the apparent idealogical nature of it. The problem with this seems to be that the answers are known long before the questions are posed.<br /><br />I prefer a more pragmatic approach where a situation is analyzed prior to a solution being implemented.<br /><br />And I do applaud the administration's recent effort to do what Kerry and many on the left have long suggested by attempting to involve the UN, and putting a more international face to the problems we face in Iraq--they have done this quietly, of course, but it is a start. Hopefully it is not too little too late.<br /><br />However, all the rhetoric, and the personal attacks, remain precisely the same from the right, even when the evidence suggests that even they don't believe it.<br /><br />It begins to shake a person's faith in democracy, and the ability to enter into any sort of an honest debate on the serious issues that face this country. <br /><br />And many of the posts on this thread aptly illustrate my concern.

bubbakat

Captain

Guys I put the picture of fonda and kerry together in here and not to put any emphasis on any politics.<br />I consider both of them sorry no good people.<br />Anyone who bashes our troops when they are at war in my opinion is not American.<br />Whether you are supporter of the war or not your beliefs are yours and no one Else's.<br />When ann american is at war an American should support the guys and gals that are laying it on the line.<br />I don't see how anyone can call himself or herself an american and bad mouth our troops.<br />I simple despise jane fonda and john kerry it is simple as that.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> What I object to in today's conservative movement, however, is the apparent idealogical nature of it. The problem with this seems to be that the answers are known long before the questions are posed.
Whew, talk about the teapot calling the kettle black. <br />It's only logical that a party should address a problem based on it's own ideology. The problem with the Democratic Party today is that it will often address a problem based on whatever is politically expediant for their own desparate attempt at reaquisition of power. Witness flip flop Kerry.