Jeb Bush...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Jeb Bush...

Snapper, I live in Lehigh Acres. Lehigh is a late 50's land developement that borders the glades' northern boundery. When I built my home here in 1984, we paid 42K. It was just appraised at 112K. It's a "cracker" box ( a real cracker (born and raised in Hialeah).<br />I remember back when there was nothing west of the North/south expressway (at all).<br />Last month, my well ran dry. The contractor I subbed to install a new well was so busy, he just finished the 3-day job! It's crazy over here.<br />People are goin nuts over tracts of land no bigger than 1/4acre.<br /><br /><br />The cost of housing here has trippled in the past years. Much of this has to do with the sudden limitations placed on developers. They now realise that what is here may be torn down, much less, thier desire to iron-out more cypress strands for another subdivision.<br />The lot behind my cracker box was purchased by wife's grandmother for 3200bucks, and now she is receiving unsolicited offes to buy it at $16,000!!<br />It's insane, but i'm glad to see the current administration (the feds too) draw a proverbial line in the sand, and begin to return the natural flow back to the "river of grass".<br />However, I fear that much of the sub-developed properties in existance now will be utilised for such, and if so, the population is capable of doubling within it.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

12Footers a real live Cracker... Cool... :)I knew there was another native left in Florida.. There for a while, thought I might be the last of the mohicans....<br /><br />Ya'll don't have to tell me, it's just as crazy here.. :eek: <br /><br />Definately going to get real crowded here, not that it is'nt already... I was just a little snapper, but I can remember back, when in the summer, places would close up till "the season" and summer days when ya could fire a cannon aimed straight down US-1, and you would'nt hit anybody... :) I remember when we'd go visit my Great Aunt & Uncle in Miami (my-am-a).. We'd go fishing in biscayne bay and catch 50 snapper in the middle of the day in little more than an hour, without really trying.. Wish it was that way again..<br /><br />Ah crap.. Now i'm depressed... :( <br /><br /> At least it raining (we need it), and it's dinner time.. Ok i feel better now.. :D

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, Ed has a point. Here in Californee, I think that it's because we want them to have car insurance. You should hear these people on the talk radio wailing about that. They are the same people that are paying "uninsured motorist insurance" on their policy for a lousy $5.oo a month extra premium. If your that darn worried about a very few people, get that, if you don't already have it. It's probably on your policy anyway & you just don't know it. That's how I found out about it. I looked at my policy after listening to the radio one day. It was there & I didn't even ask for it.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I saw the radar on the weather report.You guys got some good rain! It didn't rain a drop over here on this side of the state:(<br />Don't be too depressed. At least something is finally being done on a scale large enough to succeed, when it comes to saving what's left.

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Way to go 12'er. I'm an old Marine too. 55 today. No rain here in Monterey that was only above 5000 feet in altitude, but I'd rather be where you are anyway. I love Florida. Thanks for identifying where you are located, I've noticed there are lots of turkeys on this board that don't have the balls to say where they are. I'd like to know why not & what they think they are hiding from? If I was the Iboats people I'd make it a requirement to say where you are located. I'm not depressed, just objective. I've voted Republican all my life, but never again. Not after this moron we have in this white house now. I thought we, us Republicans, were smarter than that, to select this idiot.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

uh-oh! :eek: <br /><br />BinLurkin.. It's the far sides trying to out-do the other far side, hence Bush and Kerry... Neither one qualified for the position, IMO... <br /><br />Not much middle ground to be found anymore... Problem is, folks vote the party line, and the line just gets wacier and wackier as time goes by... I don't think most people really sit down and look at the issues, they just blindly pull the R or the D lever to cast their votes for their particular ideology.. The party lines runs so deep, an independant candidate who seeks the middle has absolutely no chance, especially with gaining the electoral vote, which as you know is the only vote that matters..<br /><br />E-gad! Either way, it's four years of crap... yuck! :(

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Please don’t confuse the left winger or anyone from Palm Beach County with facts. It has a tendency to short circuit their brains or causes them to have ‘hanging’ brain cells.

SCO

Lieutenant

As one of those turkeys, Bin, I'll splain it to you. We all say a bunch of stuff on this board that for political reasons we wouldnt say at the office or church or somewhere. We all value some level of privacy in that regard. Those that have been around for awhile know where I'm from, because it has come up before in a more sincere request for candor. To illustrate your candor, I ask rhetorically why you dont post your name, address, and phone number?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by BinLurkin:<br /> Way to go 12'er. I'm an old Marine too. 55 today.
Not Marine Corps. I Appologise for the disquise (that's R Lee Ermey with my hair and specs) Some folks say I look like him tho. I served in the NAVY.... <br />
Originally posted by BinLurkin:<br /> I love Florida. Thanks for identifying where you are located, I've noticed there are lots of turkeys on this board that don't have the balls to say where they are. I'd like to know why not & what they think they are hiding from? If I was the Iboats people I'd make it a requirement to say where you are located. I'm not depressed, just objective. I've voted Republican all my life, but never again. Not after this moron we have in this white house now. I thought we, us Republicans, were smarter than that, to select this idiot.
I think the reason many people want a degree of anonymity, is what some hackers with no life tend to try to do with it. And if you give a hacker an inch, they'll take your frequent flyer miles. :) <br />I know how you feel about the bait-n-switch our party is playing, but given the alternative (a traitor), I'll have to vote. I was going to stand-down until it was obvious Hanoi John got the dem's side.....Not acceptable! Lieberman would've been a great president.