"IVAN The Terrible"

dogsdad

Lieutenant
Re: "IVAN The Terrible"

I sure hope it DOESN'T hit New Orleans. Much of that city is built below sea level and a direct hit by a major storm would be a gigantic disaster.

ob

Admiral

Maybe a bit premature , but us folks in Corpus Christi as well as the upper Texas coast are watching this beast in case it decides to remain on its current path.I personally don't confide too heavily on the cone window that the experts are laying on this one yet.Don't want to get caught up in mile long lines for plywood,so if this thing crosses the Yucatan and enters the western Gulf ,its off to the Depot for me,with crutch in hand.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

New updated projected path.<br />
4.jpg

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Phatman, a friend of mine is making the same prediction.<br /><br />We took 120 donated bales of hay to an ag center in North Florida over the weekend. They are looking for rolls of hay to go further south. Horses and cows have been standing in flooded pastures with nothing to eat. The water stood long enough that the grass soured. An employee of the Florida Dept. of Agriculture told me that it's as though they've started Winter three months early.

Stratosfied

Ensign

I went down into Fl. yesterday afternoon to help an elderly lady. I live 6 miles from the state line. I had free travel heading south. It took about an hour to help the lady and then I headed back All was fine until I got rear ended. No major damage, just thankful no one was hurt. IVAN GO AWAY!! For those in dangers way, we will be in prayer for you. For those who will miss this storm, please pray for us. Thanks all!! Will try to post pics and things I am able to. Oh yeah, we are riding this one out here at home.

LadyFish

Admiral

Good luck Stratosfied and the rest of you who live in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.<br /><br />Even as far away as we are from the storm we are beginning to experience tidal flooding and will through tomorrow morning. They predict 4' above normal and on the end of the island where we are the roads flood between 3-4'.<br /><br />Mr. LF and a friend yanked our boat out of the water last night and did the same for our immediate neighbor who lives in Houston, this is their weekend place.<br /><br />Mr. LF and I picked up anything that could float away last night. We don't expect any winds just high tides and surf.<br /><br />I read this morning that Ivan will still be a hurricane 12 hours after it makes landfall which means quite a bit of damage to portions of Mississippi and Alabama. Then its predicted to stall in the southern Apalacians (sp) and create massive flooding.<br /><br />My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you in its path.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, just talked to snapperbait in West Palm Beach and he said he and boat made it through Frances all right.<br />He has no electric or phone at home, so I called him at work. Said he should have it back by Friday at home.

ehenry

Commander

Batten down hatches boys....we're in for a beatin ! ! !

bubbakat

Captain

Thanks spinner for the info on snapper. I was getting worried about him

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hang in there, y'all. Hunker-down, and watch out for looters.They come out of the woodwerk. (Allong with some very outstanding people to help where and when they can).