Is this feasible?

Walcott

Seaman
Re: Is this feasible?

thank you sphelps, i was worried about it as well, but im glad i nutted up and did it. I was mostly worried about the boat twisting, but it worked out. my stepfather in law did this to a 16 foot glasser of his back when moby **** was a minnow, he used it in the ocean and in the niagra river, so he reassured me it would be ok here on the st johns, and i went to choppin. i cant wait till i am finished, its gonna be nice. I will look in the shed for the wheel, i think my brother tossed it in the trash though. if i cant find it, i will keep my eyes open for you. I live in 2012s version of a small fishing village, EVERYONE has a boat, most people have 3 or 4 and lots of them just sit and rot, it is not uncommon for people to knock on your door and offer you money for things that are on your boat if your boat has been sitting..........the yard sales around here are wonderful for this kind of stuff. if i find one ill PM you.

Walcott

Seaman

anyone know how to change my thread title so i can change it from a question and turn it into my rebuild thread?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Not sure how you would change your title. You might try and click edit on your first post or ask a MOD.. Just a thought , you may want to install some temp bracing from port to starboard before you cut any more or start laying deck . Just in case it starts to spread..:cool:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Just PM a Moderator like Ezmobee and tell him what you want.

Walcott

Seaman

My phone won't upload photos but I have an uPdatee. I purchased a running 25 hp tiller steer mercury for 400 dollars and it is now mounted on the boat. I ran it yesterday and she purrs like a kitten. Painted the motor matte black. And I am almost done with my seats. :) will be in the water this summer. Still have some glassing to do on the bow but that's a single day project, it's just a small bit of glass. Anyway, pics when I get to a computer.