Interesting Quotes

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
There are numerous "quotes" out there, does anyone have some to share with us. I'm interested in weather and fishing quotes.<br />Ross<br /><br />"Rain before 7 (0700hrs) gone by 11 (1100hrs)", is a favourite of mine<br /><br />"Wind from the East, fish bite the least", is another

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Interesting Quotes

Ahoy, Ross. <br /><br />Wind from the West, fishing is best.<br />Wind from the North, don't sally forth.<br />Wind from the South blows the bait in the fish's mouth. (I don't know if this works in the Southern Hemisphere)<br /><br />Nothing annoys a know-it-all like someone who knows a different all.<br /><br />Red sky at night, Sailor's delight<br />Red sky at morning, Sailor, take warning!<br /><br />JB :)

johnkc

Petty Officer 1st Class

heres one that applies to the boating industry. GOOD, FAST,CHEAP.if it is good and fast it won't be cheap.if it is fast and cheap,it won't be good.and if it is cheap and good it won't be fast.

D

DJ

JohnKC,<br /><br />I like your one on another post, re; older OMC sterndrives: "original marine catastophe".

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I just remambered an uncles favorite one - <br /><br />"When the cattle are eating, the fish are biting"<br /><br />Ross

jimfishes

Cadet

Ross J--<br />Your uncle had it exactly right, both are re-<br />sponding to a solunar major. If you don't have the solunar tables, nor a cow, watch your cat or dog, they also are great indicators of the major. I have found that these tables and a barometer are essential <br />tools for a fisherman (or hunter).<br /><br />---jim---<br /><br />Just my tuppence. :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

In the original "3Rd Mortgage" (my father's boat) was a brass plaqe which read,<br />ACHTUNG!! Dis machine ist nacht fer yer finger poken und mitten grabben! Ist easy snappin der spring verk, with schparks flyen,und vasser gainin und sinken. Relaxen, keep der hands in das pockets,und vatch der blinkenlights!"<br /><br />And this one. "Oh Lord, thy sea is so great,and my boat is so small"

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Price.....Quality....Delivery......only GOD gets all three....you get to pick two...

Fouled Plug

Ensign

"When in danger or in doubt,<br /> Run in circles, scream and shout."<br />I always got a kick out of that one.

D

DJ

From my father. 8th Air Force, B-24 Liberator Pilot-1942-3, Europe.<br /><br />"We the willing, led by the unknowing, have done so much for so long with so little-we are now qualified to do anything with nothing".

singerjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

An after dinner speech should be like a woman's dress, long enough to cover the subject and short enough to be interesting.<br /><br /> ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

An unknown after dinner speaker: <br /><br />"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to talk and you are here to listen. If you get finished before I do please let me know."<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

singerjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

JB<br /><br />Sounds like the same "unknown"<br /><br /> ;)

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"Always offer to bait your date's hook, especially on the first date"<br /><br />"Never take a beer to a job interview"<br /><br /><br />Martha Stewart's Tips for Rednecks<br />

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

"I'm gonna kill the fargin somina bench,I swear! The bastich is gonna pay!This is Fargin War! "<br />(Movie, Johnny Dangerously)
12ftrtag665.jpg

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"Always identify people in your yard before shooting at them"<br /><br /><br />
62_kiwi.gif

EQCM2B

Seaman Apprentice

"The crimes of the few are paid for by the souls of the many."<br /><br /><br />I don't know who said it I but have heard it from time to time and even said it on certain occasions.<br /><br /><br /> :(

sawcat

Seaman Apprentice

if a bullfrog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass so much<br /><br />dont be setting your self up for punishment<br /><br /> :rolleyes: