Insurgents suck

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Insurgents suck

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3054948.stm <br /> 12 footer<br /> you dont read much history do you ?<br />terrorists are bad be they protestant,catholic,islamic or other non-religousgroups.<br /> http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB28/ <br /> if you still believe we are not in it for the oil I got some land to sell ya, next low tide we will get santa clause to take us to it.<br /> every time a middle east leader threatens to sell our oil to the USSR we destabilize the govt and take over. we have done it many times in the past. yes mexico has a large field. they also sell mainly to us as well as venezuela and now Africa.<br /> try to research some of the history behind the middle east and how closely tied ALL of the current top administrators are with the bin laden family and various other saud oil/energy families. that is why almost all the 9-11 attackers came from saudi none from Iraq or afghanistan and where did we attack. we knew there were no weapons of mass destruction. saddam did not have the mid-level personnel to set a programme up after 1994.<br /> the russians fought for afghanistan for 10 years to supply a warm water pipeline from the interior. the pakistanis would have allowed a russian terminus. thats is the only reason the CIA created Al-Queda and trained bin-laden at his top command. its all in the history books just takes a bit of hunting to find. in fact the iran contra thing had some crimminals that were later pardoned and now hold key white house positions. its all avalible to read.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I'm sorry to disagree with your "history" as I read it thru once..But I didn't spend much time in government schools. I was taught by my teachers that we were and are the good guys. Religion has absolutely nothing to do with the war on Islamic terror, except for the financing of terorrism around the world.<br />It was muslim fanatics that spurred the current state of affairs, and it is muslim fanatics who have traveled hundereds, sometimes THOUSANDS of miles, to blow up American convoys, or fly commercial aircraft into soveriegn, civilian,as well as military targets within our own borders. This is simply not ok.<br /> I have no use for them, nor does my country (officially,anyhow). I'm not even implying that religion has a thing to do with it, except that it happens to be the faith of the "insurgents", as you guys call them....And the source of thier logistics.<br /> They act upon thier comittment to thier religion, as taught by thier mulahs, which is just the religion that these mutants profess to. But you knew that. <br /><br />I still do not believe we are "in this for the oil", and outside of chasing them to the ends of the Earth, and wiping them off the face of it, I could care less what fringe benifits the United States and it allies get from this war. Nor do I care what "god" they think they are acting for.<br /><br />As I've allready said, (please read it this time), If it was "a war for oil", you would need to justify why the evil USA has not leveled Russia, Africa, or Mexico to secure thier MASSIVE reserves of oil for us, and none for them.<br />Until you can explain that, you're just parroting the worn-out CBS eavening News with Dan Rather....Again.<br />I guess we will have two versions of what this country is all about forevermore, so don't think that I'm trying to change your mind . I realise that is as hopeless on one occasion as it would be for all of you. I'm just trying to find some logical thread that leads to such twisted beliefs about this whole mess in the first place, and the nation's role you profess to be part of, is in it, and it's "alterior motives".<br />I think I'll click on those links you provided again, study them a little more, and see if they give any insight to the lemming-like followings and underlying belief system that would lead my countrymen to turn on it's own military.<br />But just like you guys, don't think I'll be changing my mind about who I support and why. It wont happen. Your links are to BBC (a british version of NPR), and a government school (where indoctrination has just about ruined the youth of my country into thinking they pledge alegience to pure evil if they pledge our own flag).<br /> Try expanding your horizons, while I try to expand mine by re-reading these links again. So far, all I see is more BS, and waaay out of context facts with many telling details VERY CAREFULLY ommited.<br />Insurgents do indeed, suck mass quanities.<br />God bless the USA and the brave, persistant troops!

D

DJ

rodbolt wrote:<br /><br />
we knew there were no weapons of mass destruction. <br />
BS. If you truly believe that, you are sorely misinformed. <br /><br />We have, on record, mass convoys leaving Iraq, during our build up, headed to Syria. Plus, what do we call the gas that Saddam used on the Kurds-Raid, D-Con? <br /><br />We since have found the delivery systems and "cooking" labs, just not the end product. Why? Because it has to be made in the field just before use. Of course, the alphbet media outlets would never dream of disclosing those facts.<br /><br />I guess we have become so hardened that Saddams torture rooms, rape rooms and mass graves have no effect on us. That, in my opinion, is pathetic.<br /><br />Not to mention, we've completely forgotten 9-11 or, rationalized it, to the point that it was our fault.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

DJ<br /> in the cour se of action after the persian gulf war we eliminated saddams capeability to make WMD's. all the mid level people left. they bailed out. some to syria,some to the states and others to russia. it left saddam with top level people that could not keep the lights on and the uneducated that could barly sweep the floor. raid? d-con? yep pretty much. was it terrible he gassed the kurds? yep. however there again we asked the Kurds to uprise against saddam and promised them protection. they did, we did not. you have to remember the gassings took place in the 80's.<br /> THE few WMD programmes were not actually WMD but dirty bombs.even our weapons inspectors finally admitted he had not much capeability outside his borders.do I support our troops. whole heartedly. I dont support the reasons we were led in with nor the fact that once the decision was made we did not put enough ground pounders in with enough PROPER equipment to do the job. hence the bog down.we should have placed at least 350,000 troops on the ground in the first week. and our coke head AA member CIC should have never stood on a flight deck in a flight suit proclaiming its all over when in fact IT had just begun.<br /> 12footer<br /> can you comment on our actions that have brought down every democratically elected govt. in the middle east? up to and including saudi arabia? can you comment on how and why the Bush family makes so much money with the royal house of saud? can you comment on why we did not take out saudi arabia after 9-11 ? I guess we are at an impasse, you wont read any documents and I am asking you to. and if GW was so interested in the poor Kurds why were we not there in 98?<br /> or maybe 94 or maybe even 1990 ?

D

DJ

rodbolt,<br /><br />Yor response was rational, up to this point.<br /><br />
and our coke head AA member CIC should have never stood on a flight deck in a flight suit proclaiming its all over when in fact IT had just begun.<br />
You let your true HATRED shine through. No debate can occur with one that has that much bottled up hate.<br /><br />A for going in "unprepared". Name one war where we were prepared? That's the nature of it. you really don't know what you need till you get there.<br /><br />
can you comment on our actions that have brought down every democratically elected govt. in the middle east?
Name one. Acoording to Saddam, he was democratically elected with 99.9% of the vote.<br /><br />
can you comment on how and why the Bush family makes so much money with the royal house of saud?
Sure can, EVERYONE in the business is making money.<br /><br />
can you comment on why we did not take out saudi arabia after 9-11 ?
No proof the government was behind it. They'll get theirs. <br /><br />
and if GW was so interested in the poor Kurds why were we not there in 98?<br />or maybe 94 or maybe even 1990 ?
He "W" wasn't president. Pretty hard to do as the Governor of Texas. Athough I'll bet some Texans think they could pull it off.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

No sir. 1988, not 98. Sadamned gassed a village of Kurds with SARIN (a WMD by the way) in 1988.<br />We left him in power because of "world opinion" being swayed by the "highway of tears". That happened to be a brilliant operation, and we were going to overthrow the meglamaniacal ruler in short order...Then, the UN droogies interviened. Can you say, "Food for oil"? I can say "war for oil", fought with food for his starving citizens! And the United States got the bills, as Cofi and Devil-A-Pann got oil and wealth byond thier dreams....And the UN weapons inspectors were "kicked-out"...SURE THEY WERE!<br /><br />The pages you linked to,if you read them, ommit VITAL information that led to the factual stuff theydid not ommit! Why?<br />Where is any reference to Isreal's ongoing problem with Palestine? Oh, they mention it in passing, but these mostly factual passages in the linked page are purely agenda-driven propaganda. Without the reasons some actions were taken,without the series of extra-american events that transpire to American actions or positions, your links are as usefull as a link the NPR's "All Things Considered"!<br />We all realise JF Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, Clinton, were not inocent, and in a major way, Bush '41 cleaned house from decades of flawed intervention. And such actions HAD to create it's own enemies ,as did all other relationships before him.<br />But that being said, who's side are we on?<br /><br />I'm sorry to have to inform you, you are being sorely misled, and unless you are willing to find out the "whys, wheres and whens" of American policy, as relates to the issue of Islamic terroism and our war with them, this exercise is pointless.<br />Islamofaciast terrorist pig-dogs draw major suckage!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

DJ<br /> ya got me a bit there.<br /> sorry<br /> its not a hatred. I voted for him once.<br /> last time I wrote in mickey mouse. at least he has a plan.<br /> my reference was to the fact our current leader, when confronted hid, same as clinton did. do I care clinton got a snooker in the oval office? did I care he toked a doobie in his youth? Nope. do I care Bush had an alchohol and a coke problem in his youth ? nope. I know many that did all of the above and then some. most turned out to be solid citizens despite a rather wild youth.<br /> both lied when confronted. be a man,<br /> say yep I did it,next question.but no I have no hatred of Bush. for the most part he has been a great leader. however I am concerned when all the advisors around him that give bad news or info that is not liked by the administration get sacked or quietly have to quit.bush was born in MA. he needs to quit trying to pass himself off as a semi litterate po boy from tejas. he is after all representing a world power. did I like the fact that he wished to invade afghanistan and Iraq. actually yes. but not under the pretense he did. ya cant dodge bullets on the battlefield and on the white house lawn. had he said this despots gotta go to secure a stable energy supply and we are going to place 350,00 troops incountry to supress all insurgency,terrism or what have you we most likely woul not be conversing. but given his past history and the past history of most the admin it makes me wonder.

D

DJ

rodbolt,<br /><br />No offense taken. Just pointing something out.<br /><br />With that said. You said:<br /><br />
however I am concerned when all the advisors around him that give bad news or info that is not liked by the administration get sacked or quietly have to quit.bush was born in MA. he needs to quit trying to pass himself off as a semi litterate po boy from tejas.
I'm not sure who got "sacked". Some have left, for various reasons. Not all agree with the man in charge, yours truly included. At least they can leave. Under Saddams rules, they would have been "shredded". <br /><br />Everybody seems to think that "W" is some kind of an idiot just because he can't talk the bloomers off a nun. <br /><br />Do you think I'm an idiot? I do not speak that well either. Although public speaking does not bother me at all, I believe I get my point across without all the flowery BS. I'm a to the point, no BS, type of person. <br /><br />To many, that is deemed as arrogant and condescending. Actually, the world, in my opinion, could use more of it.<br /><br />As for the Texas bit. That's where he came into his own. I was born and raised in Michigan, yet I have much love for and more understanding of the deep south than I'll ever have for Michigan. Does that make me a carpet bagger? I don't think so. I've identified a region that I can relate to and understand. Thus, that is what I have become-y'all. :p

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Rodbolt,<br /><br />I have to say I am confused by some of the links you posted. I would have to say that someone who has the insight to diversify our oil supply is someone who has a vision for the future. And quoting the BBC. (talk about unfair and unbalanced)<br /><br />You claim how the UK and the US bust up democracies but when can you point to a time when Lybia is coming into the civilized world, Afganistan is a democracy, Iraq is a democracy, Saudi Arabia held elections for the first time in 270 years, Iran and Serbia have been effectively placed squarely in the crosshairs of the world. Quatar is part of the coalition of the willing, the US is taking the lead in tsunami relief to 280 million muslims. <br /><br />What exactly would you have someone do to try and effect a change in a region full of terrorists, murderous dictators, chemical weapons, nuclear weapons, and yes, a majority of the worlds oil. We have not had another attack on US soil in nearly 4 years.<br /><br />You have such strong opinions about GW when the UN has done more to cause the deaths of innocents than GW and the coalition of the willing could ever be tagged with x 10. If you are looking for connections to big oil, take a look at Paul Volkers preliminary report and Kofi's connection and who's cronnies recieved actual tangible benefit. <br /><br />All men are born free, it is what they are willing to accept that makes them slaves. I would think that if you channeled your considerable knowledge towards those who are the most culpable you would find where the stench that eminates from the middle east truely originates from.