If not one thing its another

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: If not one thing its another

yeah, right crabby...I'll be on the niagara river<br />tuesday am. hunting still. if'n I land a 50"<br />without him, I think he'll show up wed in a hospital<br />gown, IV and a pole ;)

aspeck

Staff member

GF, you are in the Aspeck household's thoughts and prayers.<br /><br />I agree it is probably gator-shaped. The revenge of the warrior gods! Mellow, you will probably catch something now that GF won't be along!! Got to find a way to break that brother's curse!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

and BTW GF, if you croak on MY boat, I get to cut<br />you up for bait... gators will come from miles<br />around to get their teeth into you! (payback) :p

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Good luck Jeff. Keep in touch and let us know what is going on.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Hey Jeff....save me the clot man!! The Cats' in the Mighty Ohio luuuuuuuvvv blood.<br /><br />You hang in there Jeff. You'll be OK. Wouldn't think any other way..... :)

FLATHEAD

Captain

Sorry to be so late on this one GF. Good luck, do what the doc says.

gonfishn

Commander

Man..A humble thanks here to you folks for the kind words that I have read here..<br /><br />The clot was not big but found in my lower leg..They gave Double doses of the thinners with shots in the stomach so as to dissolve quicker..For some reason now I have the urge for cheese now..hmmm<br /><br />Need to take it easy for a few days here....meetn with the doc on Monday and fishn on Tuesday I hope..The drugs must have been good cause i swear that I heard my boat give a whimper as I walked past it when i came home..

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Watch out for cutting yourself. Those thinners like heprin tend to not clot very fast so you need to be careful. Good to see you back again and glad it was not super major.

bubbakat

Captain

You had better take care. I for one intend on aggravating you for some years to come.<br /><br />BTW that wasn't your boat whimpering that was you echoing off it from all the needles :D :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by eurolarva:<br /> Watch out for cutting yourself. Those thinners like heprin tend to not clot very fast so you need to be careful. Good to see you back again and glad it was not super major.
What Eurolarva said. I take thinners and I had to quit play-fighting with my dog, because the smallest of cuts bleeds into next week.<br />But I'm glad to hear they found it before it found a main artery.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

"I for one intend on aggravating you for some years to come."... :D <br /><br />That goes double for me!... Good to see ya back GF.... :)

crab bait

Captain

how does one/doctors know you have a clot anyway..?? <br /><br />please answer..

gonfishn

Commander

With me I had immense swelling just below the knee..And had a very large area that was hard as a rock and very warm..<br /><br />Not an expert here but they did an ultra sound which measures the blood flow...Mine was not in a deep vein but if the clot would happen to break off it could be history..I was told many times a person may not know if it is occuring if in your deeper veins. Warfarin(rat poison)helps thin the blood clot while the body is trying to take care of business...<br /><br />I knew it was more than routine when three docs came in and checked me out...Since my H/A i have been on blood thinners to help with the flow of blood....Sorry Cb maybe someone else can help ya out here..I do know it had my attention pretty quick..

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

kinda looks like teeth marks GF?<br />
legbite.gif

LadyFish

Admiral

ROTFL at MY. Yeah, next time GF don't dangle your legs in the water when your fishing.<br /><br />Glad to hear you are ok. :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

BrianFD in OH said it was the "red" nail polish?<br />confused???

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Gee GF, I've been gone fer awhile and come back, do all this reading and seen this. Wow, glad you got things in order. Stay away from them there sharp objects! uh like fishing hooks?