Idiot Robertson

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Idiot Robertson

You are absolutley correct JB.<br /><br />But....<br /><br />Reread what I stated above. I didn't make any reference to the importance of the event. What I stated was that there is a lot of interest in what she is doing politically. There are a whole lot of people from the democratic party giving credibility to what she is saying.

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

That aside, JB makes a good point. What Sheehan is doing is only important because every camera is on her.

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ken,<br />Find me a passage in full context, where Jesus said fight, and you've got me, until then you've got just another Man "explaining it" as he sees it. That was kinda my point... Bottom line Men are Men, and we may strive to be Christian, but are not perfect or without sin, we ain't Jesus, so why not accept it without trying to santion it with the Bible, and continue to protect ourselves and loved ones (human nature). No offense intended, I'm Christian myself, but would stop at nothing to defend myself, family, or friends.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /><br /><br />The media regularly makes trivial events important with its coverage and trivializes important events with its non-coverage.
True.

crab bait

Captain

Originally posted by treedancer:<br /> <br />10) "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house,.....nor anything that is thy neighbor's
i new i was right...<br /><br />i told my neigbhor that he'd go to he77 if'n he don't return my oil filter wrench..

txswinner

Banned

As so often happens we get caught up in stereo typing and I am as guilty as the next. Our real disagreement is should we be in Iraq or not and how do we keep this from getting anymore out of control.

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by crab bait:<br />
Originally posted by treedancer:<br /> <br />10) "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house,.....nor anything that is thy neighbor's
i new i was right...<br /><br />i told my neigbhor that he'd go to he77 if'n he don't return my oil filter wrench..
LOL! Crabby, you just ain't right! By the way, when are we goning to get together to do the Philly trip starting at the train station?<br /><br />I am glad to see that Robertson apologized, but unfortunately the damage has already been done, no matter how sincere his apology may be.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

From what I understand, and mind you Im no expert the original 6th comandment which was writen in Hebrew is "thou shall not murder" not how it was translated in Greek and Latin "thou shall not kill" and there is a difference in murder and killing. As JB said, child molesters and murderers should be killed. In my book that would not be murder. Killing a man cuz he is a nucence to our country is murder. Also just cuz somebody says they are a Christian and speaks for Christians does not mean he is a Christian.....robertson has done much that makes me wonder and doubt about his relationship with God but it is not for me to judge, it is Gods job. The 6th commandment thing was explained to me by a Pastor who is fluent in Hebrew, Greek and Latin when I questioned the turn the other cheek and defending myself and going to war and why God has sanctioned some wars in the past. Slight Translation problems can be why many things are misunderstood with the Bible....

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> Treedancer,<br /><br />Typical "unread" Bible scholar response.<br /><br />
Huh? Isn't he just listing off the ten commandments? <br /><br />And could you please give us chapter and verse of the Koran where it instructs followers to murder non-believers?<br /><br />That way you can educate all us ignorant "unread" Koran scholars and then you won't have to waaste your time debating the ignorant... ;)

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> mrbscott19.<br /><br />Cute.<br /><br />Have you ever tried it?? <br /><br />Didn't think so.
Yeah I did try it once.....but the conservative became sickly and pea soup started shooting out of it's mouth and started speaking in foreign tongues. It was worth a try though. :rolleyes:

D

DJ

rbscott,<br /><br />You didn't go far enough. Typical. Quit before the freedom came upon you.<br /><br />TRY IT AGIAN, GO ALL THE WAY, THIS TIME. YOU CAN DO IT-I THINK.<br /><br />Be a MAN this time.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> rbscott,<br /><br />You didn't go far enough. Typical. Quit before the freedoM came upon you.<br /><br />TRY IT AGIAN, GO ALL THE WAY, THIS TIME. YOU CAN DO IT-I THINK.<br /><br />Be a MAN this time.
Ok DJ...I'll try it again. This time I'll try someone with far less brain power.<br /><br />
dogbert.gif
<br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />Did it work?

D

DJ

Mrbscott,<br /><br />Brains have something, not all, to do with it. Sometimes, you have to feel with your heart. If you have one.<br /><br />Going through life thinking you are King ^&*( must be tough. You get shot down everyday.<br /><br />We'll agree to disagree, see you from across the abyss.<br /><br />Your more than welcome-over here. It's free and won't hurt. We'd love to have you join. All it takes is a "pledge".