I have returned... with a Starcraft this time!

BWR1953

Admiral
Hi guys. I ordered another replacement Sprayit spray gun kit this morning using the HD eGift card. It'll be here next week.

This time I ordered the SP-33000k which has a hard case but only the "big" R-500 spray gun. The "small" R-100 isn't included. And the tip sets are different as well. The kit includes 1.3mm, 1.5mm and 1.7mm tip sets. The large 2.0mm set isn't included.

If I weren't stuck with the HD gift card, I'd probably be looking around for a better gun. But the Sprayit is the only LVLP gravity gun that HD offers, so I'm stuck. Hopefully, since the new gun is in a foam padded case, it won't get knocked around and damaged during shipping.

Pictures of new gun with case that I got from the 'net.
Sprayit 33000k.jpg

Sprayit 33000k-2.jpg

BWR1953

Admiral
Well I have faith in you BW and with a little better luck you'll get her done soon. chin up , tomorrow is a new day.
Thanks. At least with my newfound "free" time I've been able to go shore fishing with my family more often lately. :rolleyes: :joyous:

BWR1953

Admiral
Another set back, man oh man when will things turn around for the KF paint job!

Hey the pics didn't come through on my end.

That is a very good question! I've set my weather parameters such that neither the temperature nor the humidity can simultaneously be above 85. Getting to be the time of year when that just ain't gonna happen. :p

I've asked a mod for help with the pix. Apparently they didn't upload correctly from my phone. Maybe a bigger hammer is in order. :cool:

Monmouth00

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I hate to say it, BWR, but at this point I would be inclined to pay someone to paint it for you. Your sanity might be worth the check.

BWR1953

Admiral
So I tried to harvest the whea... uhhh.. cut the gra.... uhhh... deal with THIS! :eek:
Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	974.4 KB ID:	10600043

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	929.4 KB ID:	10600042

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	934.8 KB ID:	10600044

Got about 2/3 of it done. Took 3.5 hours. Will have to take another whack at it in the next couple days. :lol:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    974.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

BWR1953

Admiral
Last night the new spray gun was delivered. It all looked okay. Everything lined up and worked correctly.

Even though it was improperly packed without padding. EEDJITS. :facepalm:
01.jpg

This version comes in a case and includes 1.3mm, 1.5mm and 1.7mm tips and only one gun. A small cleaning set was included.1.jpg

BWR1953

Admiral
And this morning... :D

5.jpg

6.jpg

SECOND COAT IS DONE!!! :eek: :laugh:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 1

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice to see you got the weather to co-operate for painting M8....good job it looks great!

ab59

Ensign
ooowee what a paint job BW .Laid down really good. That one was worth waiting for , well at least it makes it easier to take , right ? Did you say that you were going to give it some two tone work ? Where is all the runs and scratches in the fresh paint , aren't all new paint jobs supposed to have a bunch of those ? :watermelon:
I saw your picture of the 125* heat there that is enough to make a man want to sit in the house with a cold beer until fall . We get to 115* +or- but rarely see much over that .
Great job , keep up the good work.

BWR1953

Admiral
Thanks guys! It's been a long road but we're getting there. :joyous:

And I simply HAD to go out and get some "morning after" pix. But now I'm locking the door and walking away for at least 4 days! The KF is just gonna sit in there and cook awhile. ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

BWR1953

Admiral
ooowee what a paint job BW .Laid down really good. That one was worth waiting for , well at least it makes it easier to take , right ? Did you say that you were going to give it some two tone work ? Where is all the runs and scratches in the fresh paint , aren't all new paint jobs supposed to have a bunch of those ? :watermelon:
I saw your picture of the 125* heat there that is enough to make a man want to sit in the house with a cold beer until fall . We get to 115* +or- but rarely see much over that .

Nothing perfect about my paint job but I do consider it quite satisfactory. :)

BTW - that crazy high temp on my thermometer was obviously in error. But it was plenty hot and humid enough outside to put a hurting on the temperature sender. One percent humidity.... in Florida? In the summer? I don't think so! :lol:

BWR1953

Admiral
Oh yeah, I forgot to post a pic of the console. I'd done a lot of wet-sanding on it too, so painted it along with the hull. Looks fine to me! :D

3.jpg

BWR1953

Admiral
I really shouldn't post before my 3rd cuppa coffee. :ranger:

Forgot to answer your questions. Silly me.:facepalm:

I'm absolutely satisfied with how the paint turned out. The wait... that's another matter altogether! :lol: I'm just glad that I finally got the paint on there so that I can move on to next steps. Even if those steps are more painting! :cool:

Yes, I'm planning on a two-tone paint job. I'm going to let the hull cook for awhile longer. I'd originally thought I'd let it sit undisturbed for a week before masking and painting the black trim, but it's really weather dependent. Getting warmer and even more humid here now. Standard for this time of year. The sooner that I can "safely" get the paint on there, the better.

Here's the two-tone concept.
Color Concept29e.jpg

ab59

Ensign
the black and white looks pretty sharp and will look good on your boat . imho

Monmouth00

Petty Officer 2nd Class
NICE!!! Glad you finally got some paint down!

Let 'er bake in that sweatbox you call a garage for a few days. It'll harden right up.

Have fun masking!!