I guess it's offical

aspeck

Staff member
Re: I guess it's offical

Somehow I missed this thread on it's initial run. Big congrats to SW and Pat. Your support group is here for you!

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Soul winner. There is a Power involved in this. I suppose some can overcome the addiction on their own, some cannot. I've heard many testimonies of both. What you are experiencing is a part of the Abundant Life That is available to those who believe in the power of Jesus, the power to restore and transform. PTL write me for any support you need...sl. lachney@netzero.net<br />I guess you'll be changing your avitar, losing the perplexed look? when you write use iboats in the subject line so I know that it's you..May God continue to shine His face upon you and yours...your an example!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

God has given you this life, You claim he forsook you. Who forsook whom, SW? I'm sure Marie tried, but maybee you weren't the picture of "hubby" she had in mind... Just a wild guess on my part. I have my "Marie" too.<br />She left me 23years ago,and not because of drinking, but because she "was not in love with me anymore"...(Like a reason helps,if you cannot change the reason, right?)<br /> She lives on Fort Myers Beach, and still is the mother of my children. Love don't dies. But it sure changes. I'm cordial with her to this day. At first, because of the kids, I treated her civally, now, as a sister, I love her, and stay in touch.<br /><br />SW, I've read enough here to get to know you as a bright, witty, lonely wild man, who I want as a friend.<br />And I know for sure, there is someone out there who is as witty, and lonely as you. There allways is, no matter how bleak it looks right now.<br />Go to church on Sunday, and talk to some bros and sisters you haven't talked to before. Talk to the pastor,(he may be a bit busy on Sunday, but do talk to him soon), and let him know what you are doing. You cannot do this by yourself, if you are by yourself. AA meetings are fine, but you'll need to open a dialoque (sp) with God, and keep him as close as your friends.I think they even tell people this in AA, bu5t don't remember--(My dog was my only friend at one point, so I'm talking from experiance here).<br />I'm a phone call away,my friend (239-691-7369) . Call any time. I do not care if it's 3AM on Monday. Serious as a heart attack.<br />You can do this all by yourself---with a little help from yer friends.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Wow, SW I hope your feeling a bit better as you read this. 12fter hit it on the head when he wrote you need to keep an open dialog with God. I hope you know you have friends here and when your down email or call one of us. You know you have an enemy that will do everthing it can to get inside and tweak your melon(mess with your mind) when you try to acomplish something God wants for you, and to me it seems like "its" whispering LIES into your mind. Listen to God he is always looking out for your best interests.God has a plan here, dont close the door on it, Moses was a murder, David was a murderer and adulter, paul hunted christians down to kill them and God used them all in great ways. It even says David was a man after Gods own heart. I guess to me it means God can use anybody and those of us who have flaws( all of us) but try to fix them are the best candidates to become a tool for God to use. This is how I see you SW, a tool of God if you allow it. Roll with the punches buddie and keep God and your friends close. I will pray for you. :)

aspeck

Staff member

SW, you do have a purpose. There is a hope. 12footer nailed it, and Mike seconded it, I will 3rd it. Email me if I can help - speck@pennswoods.net.

gaugeguy

Captain

And I will 4th it Wes, email me if you want to talk. When life tosses you a curveball, wait on it and drive it out of the park.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Hey SW, I think these folks here nailed it. A special thanks to bubbakat for your post. Hope i have the resolve you did and do!<br />This book I am reading is titled:<br /><br />"How To Quit Drinking Without AA" by Jerry Dorsman, Revised Second Edition. <br />MSRP $16 US. My Bride bought this for me at Barnes & Noble. Probably can find it on line to.<br /><br />This is the nuts and bolts how and why book that I referenced in a post way up topside of your thread. It really explains why down in the dumps happens as well as why times I feel very empowered to live my life strait up. And our Father God is apart of the discussion in the book. Very powerful!!!<br /><br />One thing I always remind myself of when kinda down, and I did this before August 31st while struggling with final decision to abstain, is that prior life mistakes and negative experiences as well as situations, HAD to happen. Common saying I say is "If I knew then what I know now, I never would have done that". <br />My REALITY is that had those "things" not happened I would not be here and now. This is what Gods Will is imo.<br /><br />And I would like to offer my email as well: roxxi@netwurx.net<br /><br />Thanks SoulWinner and All!!!!