I am from Russia. looking for friends.

akyla

Seaman Apprentice
Re: I am from Russia. looking for friends.

Looked concer Alan Jackson - good music. I liked his hat - we do not have in russia.

Jayboat66

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Welcome, I will be here for your questions and I will help, just ask. My best friend speaks Russian, he can help.

southkogs

Staff member

Looked concer Alan Jackson - good music. I liked his hat - we do not have in russia.
You need to come visit us in Nashville sometime. Good guitar shopping, plenty of hats and we can show you Alan Jackson's home. He's a big wooden boat guy.

kfa4303

Banned

Nashville is vintage guitar heaven!!!!

akyla

Seaman Apprentice

You need to come visit us in Nashville sometime. Good guitar shopping, plenty of hats and we can show you Alan Jackson's home. He's a big wooden boat guy.
Thanks for inviting! I've never been in the United States. In Russia I have business. It takes a lot of time. I now can not go to rest: ( Five years later, my daughter will be able to help me to business, and I can go to visit you at 10 - 20 days. Buy guitar, buy a hat, put a tent on banks of the river and will rest.

kfa4303

Banned

I was at a dinner a few weeks ago with a couple of Roy Acuff guitars on display, plus one of the Ryman Guitars. Very cool.

Drooooooool !!!! You may adopt and/or write me into your will at any time :) Guitar is my first love/disease. I just got home form giving a lesson to a new student as a matter of fact. I also just got done rewiring my strat with a new switch and pots. Talk about and adventure :/ It looked so easy on youtube. I got it all sorted out eventually, but it was looooong afternoon of chasing weird grounds and cold solders. Thankfully, it was worth it. The ol' girl sounds better than ever! Of course, now I want new pickups. Yet another hobby that never ends........

southkogs

Staff member

Thanks for inviting! I've never been in the United States. In Russia I have business. It takes a lot of time. I now can not go to rest: ( Five years later, my daughter will be able to help me to business, and I can go to visit you at 10 - 20 days. Buy guitar, buy a hat, put a tent on banks of the river and will rest.
Ha! I will look forward to hearing Alan Jackson songs with a Russian accent. I had a chance to spend a little time with some friends from Bryansk, and really enjoyed the music they played. I believe it was mostly Russian folk music.

Drooooooool !!!! You may adopt and/or write me into your will at any time :) Guitar is my first love/disease. I just got home form giving a lesson to a new student as a matter of fact. I also just got done rewiring my strat with a new switch and pots. Talk about and adventure :/ It looked so easy on youtube. I got it all sorted out eventually, but it was looooong afternoon of chasing weird grounds and cold solders. Thankfully, it was worth it. The ol' girl sounds better than ever! Of course, now I want new pickups. Yet another hobby that never ends........
I've got a '69 Martin 12 String, a Sigma Martin 12 and then a Peavey Electric (sorta' a Peavey version of the fat Strat). Not a huge player myself, but I do like to play. Living in Nashville, I get to see a LOT of excellent musicians.

kfa4303

Banned

2, 12-strings, whoa! That's cool. I was just trying to explain what it's like to play one to a student the other day. I'm a lifelong Strat guy myself, but I'd love an old Rickenbacker 12-string a la Roger McQuinn. They have such an interesting, crystalline sound.

southkogs

Staff member

2, 12-strings, whoa! That's cool. I was just trying to explain what it's like to play one to a student the other day. I'm a lifelong Strat guy myself, but I'd love an old Rickenbacker 12-string a la Roger McQuinn. They have such an interesting, crystalline sound.
Yeah, I'm more of a vocalist and liked the full backing of the 12 string. Have a friend who plays nothing but 4 & 8 string tenors. Crazy. I'm kinda' hankering' for a Telecaster right now. Don't really play enough to justify it though.

Akyla - what kind of guitar(s) do you play over in Russia?

akyla

Seaman Apprentice

Akyla - what kind of guitar(s) do you play over in Russia?
Сейчас 6 струн. Хочу купить 12 струн. Мне нравиться звук 12 струн гитара!
P1020553.jpg
oops, sorry! Now I have a 6 string guitar. Want to buy a 12 string guitar. I like the sound of 12 strings

Last edited:

akyla

Seaman Apprentice

Ha! I will look forward to hearing Alan Jackson songs with a Russian accent. I had a chance to spend a little time with some friends from Bryansk, and really enjoyed the music they played. I believe it was mostly Russian folk music.
Come visit - rest Russian! Guitar songs, sauna, vodka, barbecue!

southkogs

Staff member

Come visit - rest Russian! Guitar songs, sauna, vodka, barbecue!
:D Из того, что я понимаю, русская водка является довольно трудно на американцев! :D I would love to see Russia someday, but I have to see Scotland and Sweden first (still have family over there).

I've designed some exhibits for Hohner a few years ago.

My 12 String is a Sigma (which is Martin's lower line), and I really like it. I actually like it over my first line Martin for sound and comfort. The only one that I've played that I like better is one of the Guild Studio Models.

akyla

Seaman Apprentice

:D Из того, что я понимаю, русская водка является довольно трудно на американцев! :D I would love to see Russia someday, but I have to see Scotland and Sweden first (still have family over there).
I rarely drink vodka. Vodka - evil! I love whiskey + Coke. :D Today, I am 39 years old. In the evening, my family and I a BBQ and drink some whiskey.

nwcove

Admiral

happy birthday akyla!!! enjoy family and whiskey!!

aspeck

Staff member

Happy birthday, my Russian friend!

akyla

Seaman Apprentice

happy birthday akyla!!!

happy birthday, my russian friend!

СПАСИБО! Я рад что вы меня поздравили!

P.s. я уже немного выпил и мне сложно писать по английски - простите пожалуйста!

Last edited:

scipper77

Commander

According to google translate

СПАСИБО! Я рад что вы меня поздравили!

P.s. я уже немного выпил и мне сложно писать по английски - простите пожалуйста!

Translation:
THANK YOU! I'm glad you congratulated me!

P.s. I'm a little drunk and I find it difficult to write in English - please forgive me!