Commander
Re: Hurricanes gone bonkers..

Good one MR.LF :rolleyes:

LadyFish

Admiral

Strand Cam where most of the action is for the Bike Rally.
strand.jpg

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Here come Frances' twin sister, Jeanne.. :eek: If something was'nt trashed before, it will be now... <br /><br />So many tarps on leaky roofs all over town.. Them tarps are going to fly from Jeanne, and folks who managed to save some of their belongings from frances are now sure to loose more... :( <br /><br />Deja-vu... Another 13 days w/o power, cold showers, cold meals, loud generators, 90+ temps, 100% humidity, garbage everywhere (there's still garbage out on the streets from frances), mile long lines for ice and water, MRE's, cerfews, flashlights, and 3 or 4 channels on a tiny battery powered B&W TV...... Another day in paradise.. :mad: <br /><br />On the plus side, maybe them damn yankees will think twice before moving to florida... :D Heck, maybe as a little bonus, some will get fed up with this hurricane business and move back "up north"........ wishfull thinking on my part.. :D :D :D :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Well snapperbait, if I do move down there (ain't gonna happen ), I'd be bringin my generator, solar camp shower, gas grill, and camp stove. I cooked for a year on a camp stove and charcoal grill, when I didn't have a kitchen.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

When all them Yankees move out of florida that will make more room for some more cubans to move in.

LadyFish

Admiral

Heading right for ya Snap. I real feel for all you Floridians being the target for so many major storms this year.<br /><br />On the bright side FEMA and Red Cross are already in place.<br /><br />Be safe, you're in our thoughts and prayers. We'll leave the light on for ya.<br /><br /> Hurricane Tracker

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Boarded up and hanging on....<br /><br />Catch yall on the other side.....

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Here come Frances' twin sister, Jeanne.. :eek: If something was'nt trashed before, it will be now... <br /><br />So many tarps on leaky roofs all over town.. Them tarps are going to fly from Jeanne, and folks who managed to save some of their belongings from frances are now sure to loose more... :( <br /><br />Deja-vu... Another 13 days w/o power, cold showers, cold meals, loud generators, 90+ temps, 100% humidity, garbage everywhere (there's still garbage out on the streets from frances), mile long lines for ice and water, MRE's, cerfews, flashlights, and 3 or 4 channels on a tiny battery powered B&W TV...... Another day in paradise.. :mad: <br /><br />On the plus side, maybe them damn yankees will think twice before moving to florida... :D Heck, maybe as a little bonus, some will get fed up with this hurricane business and move back "up north"........ wishfull thinking on my part..
Wow,Snapperbait! You just nailed it 100%!!
emthup.gif
emthup.gif
<br />Grab onto a fat chick, and hang on!!! Seeya on the other side bro!!

phatmanmike

Captain

ill tell ya, its getting REAL OLD REAL QUICK.<br /><br />i gotta ship a motor, an inline 6 merc, and i cant get plywood at any stores.<br /><br />people suck!

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Good Luck & Godspeed, Florida & the Southeast!<br />Here's the latest from TWC:<br /><br />
us_tpa_closeradar_large_usen.jpg
<br /><br />Looks pretty doggone ugly! Batten down the hatches, and keep your heads down!<br />Our best to all y'all!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Lord I hope this beotch blows back out to sea real quick.....for everyones sake.

Heinz CA.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey Bill, take care I know you guys have got to be gettin sick of this stuff! All else good as can be? Cya and good luck, Heinz

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Prayers are with you all over there. I wish you well.

Xcusme

Commander

My twin sister lives in Melbourne Florida. I called her earlier this afternoon (Saturday). She lives alone and opted to sit this one out with her neighbor and a pitcher of cocktails.<br /><br />I'm praying she still has a home, with a roof, when this crazyness ends.

aspeck

Staff member

Just talked with a good friend in Lakeland - had a large tree fall on his car dealership. Smashed the building and apparently several of his vintage cars. He was on his way to inspect the damage. These Hurricanes are no fun at all!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

That was fast... :) I slept thru a good bit of Jeanne... The thing that woke me was my dang cat who decided it was time to get up at 4 am sunday...<br /><br />Power came back on yesterday (sunday) at both my home and shop... Just now got DSL back up and running... :) <br /><br />As before with Frances, with Jeanne, I was lucky.. Damage this time was limited too a small leak from a roof vent that I neglected to board up... <br /><br />My friend who lost part of his roof and celing durring frances, lost just about the rest of his roof and celing durring jeanne.. Everything inside the house is a total loss.. :( As with his home, his business, which was'nt damaged, is also without power and it may be out for as long as three weeks or more... :( <br /><br />Have not heard from my friends who live on Hutchison Island, which is a total disaster area.. Some of the main road on the island is not passible.. Many residents have to walk in.. Storm surge washed sand and trash over the road, and in some places the road has been washed away...<br /><br />On the plus side, I heard from my Great Aunt today.. She lives in a small town just north of Pensacola Fl. .. Other than a tree that crashed her fence, and being without power and phone for several days, she made out ok from Ivan...<br /> :) <br /><br />Talk at ya'll later..