Hurricane Frances, Here we go again Florida

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looks like Hurricane Frances is gonna blow thru Central Florida this weekend.<br />So much for taking a few vacation days.... This happened last time I tried to take a few days off, fatality crash then the hurricane.<br /><br />Hope it misses us but I'm just North of Orlando in the latest path.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hurricane Frances, Here we go again Florida

This girl just seems to get nastier. It's currently got max winds of 140mph. Gusts up to 165mph. Hope you folks down there make it through OK.<br /><br />A good source of info for the hurricane is intellicast.com. This weather site is better than the Weather Channel.

mikeb62

Cadet

I know one thing I'm sick of having to pack all my stuff at at work and then the next week unpacking!!!!

LubeDude

Admiral

Knowones forcing you all to live there!<br /><br />Not me Bro.

mikeb62

Cadet

would'nt live anywhere else. Me and cold weather dont get along. Hell Ive never even seen snow

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Every place has its pros and cons. I enjoyed living in Florida for many years. It wasn't the weather that caused me to leave, it was the explosive population growth. Be careful, be sensible and if you gotta, hide.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Prolly gonna get funky here, kids.... Boarding up some windows tonite... The Blvd.Battlewagon's got a full tank o' gas, packing a few bags, esacpe route planned.. Wait and see..

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Good Luck, Snap! We'll be hopin' & prayin' for all y'alls!

LubeDude

Admiral

I guess I was a bit harsh with that statement, But I still wouldnt live there. I wouldnt live in tornado country either. California has great weather, and no huricanes or tonadoes. Wouldnt live there either, I like it right where I am.<br /><br />Hang on down there, and be safe.

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

May God bless you all and keep you safe, I pray that it will be down to just a tropical storm with just light rain by the time it hits Flordia.Our prayers are with you.(Sometime he calms the storms,and other times he calms his child.) Serenity

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Yeah snapper.....you probably already know not to stay till the last minute so I won't go there.....welll.......don't wait till the last minute before skidaddling. Stay safe.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Be safe you all and be careful. <br />Bassy

LadyFish

Admiral

All y'all need to make like a tree and leave. This storm is nothing to mess with.<br /><br />Snapper et al, please head the warnings and leave nothing to chance. Watch the predictions closely and at the very least drive to the expected dry side of the storm.<br /><br />You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. I check my hurricane site at least 4-8 times a day.<br /><br />Be safe.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

can you please share your hurricane site....since I'm fairly close to the coast, I would like it. All I know is the weather.com.<br /><br />thanks

LadyFish

Admiral

Would love to KeltonKrew. Weather Underground <br /><br />I like this site. It gives a 5 day forecast, discussion, historical maps and a computer generated model of where they expect them to go among other tracking information. I compare thier analysis to NOAA.com but find this site to predict landfall more accurately.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Thanks yall.. We'll see what tomorrows forecast brings.. As it looks right now, gonna stay put, but if the forecast changes anymore toward the south, I'll split out the back road...<br /><br />My fellow Floridians.. If you have to evacuate, don't do the I-95 shuffle... It'll be the worlds longest parking lot.. <br /><br /> The state will probably suspend turnpike tolls here shortly.. Get on there with a full tank of gas and and empty bladder.. You probably won't be able to get into the service plazas for gas, or to whiz, because of the crowds...<br />(Been there, done that evac) Wildwood or Ocala toward the north for your first pit stop...<br /><br /> US27 is also a viable option...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

That is one monster storm! Charley was the same strength, but about half the diameter, so we can expect twice the 'ground-zero' from this beast!

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The really lovely news here from the Eye of Charlie was that he blew across us in an hour or two. Francis is moving much slower and it has been predicted that it could take 18 hours to move across the front yard. Can't imagine. Back to putting up the same stinkn boards and plywood all over again. I just keep saying over and over again.... I love Florida... I love Florida....

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Prolly gonna get funky here, kids.... Boarding up some windows tonite... The Blvd.Battlewagon's got a full tank o' gas, packing a few bags, esacpe route planned.. Wait and see..
Snapper<br />I was thinking of you guys down there today. When you say boarding up windows etc. Your actually closing and locking in place storm shutters that are already on the house correct?<br /><br />Best to all of you down there<br /><br />Link