Hurricane Dennis

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hurricane Dennis

I pray that everyone makes it ok' and is back on rollcall monday after the storm .May God keep you all safe and no damage to your property. <br />Serenity

Stratosfied

Ensign

Thanks folks. Right now its a little breezy with a few stonger gusts. Rain is lite and moderate. It has truely began. More Later.

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer

Latest report says that Dennis is now more intense than Ivan was, and Ivan punched a hole in the coast last year. 15 to 18 ft surge is expected to take out much of the coastline buildings. What people are not realizing is that after the surge, all that water has to return back to the gulf. They're saying the riptide may remove a lot of the low lying areas and make them waterways once again.<br /><br />Anyone who's hankering down, good luck and may the force be with you.<br /><br />Nav :cool:

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> isn't this a tad early for hurricains..??<br /><br />somethin' wrong..
Not really, its just that it happens in cycles and has been doing it for millions of years (like the drenching rains in CA this year, and dry WA winter). Only problem is humans been around here a hundred plus taking notes. Ya just need to build on high ground and a solid house if you want to live in a hurricane prone area. This reminds me of the people scrambling around putting out forest fires, leaving just that much MORE kindling to accumulate, for the NEXT bolt of lightning to set off. Let her burn out naturally, then go back and build a fireproof house if you want to live in the woods. Doesn't anyone know its not nice to mess with Mother Nature ? She will win everytime. Regardless, feel sorry for you folks down there, and wish the best

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where are you in Alabama, Stratosfied?

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

originally posted by Stratosfied<br />The coordinates for my home are 31.695N and 87.424W.
Also Soulwinner is only about 30 road miles south of us. He is very near the water.
Its not to bad here lite rain, and winds about 15-20 mph but will probably reach about 45mph. Not bad at all.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

An approximate location would have been ideal. Now I have to look up co-ords! :D Just looking out for y'all, I don't want anyone to get hurt. :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Boy ole boy, good luck to all of you. Just been gone for the last several days and will still be gone for the next week and a half. May check in when I get back into civilization again.<br /><br />Prayers will be continued throughout this whole thing for all of you.<br /><br />Good to see you back online with iboats Navigator. Wondered what happened to you, been awhile since I've seen a post from you.<br /><br />Again good luck and hope you the best outcome!

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Well we got lucky here. Not even a limb in the yard. Its still a little windy with lite rain but faaaarr less than what we prepared for.<br /><br />Hope to hear SW and Stratos made it through alright also.

LadyFish

Admiral

Great news so far that the rest of you made out okay. I hope we hear from SW soon.