How'd you get your screen name?

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: How'd you get your screen name?

As a youngster in Idaho, my friends and I always called anyone with Utah tags a carrotsnapper. We hated seeing a carrotsnapper in our favorite hunting or fishing grounds. I then moved to Utah and now I am one. My buddy in Idaho still talks to me though. Mark

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

I'm Peterf because we had 4 Peter's in our family at one point.<br />peterb (bro in law)<br />peterp (married to a cousin)<br />peterh (late uncle)<br /><br />and me peterf<br /><br />Easy to remember too.<br /><br />Peter

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Long story. JB are my real first two initials. I dropped my last name because too few could spell it correctly. :D
Paul Revere's father had a similar problem. He went to the trouble, and got a judge's ruling, and officially changed, or more nearly shortened their family name,,,,,(stating to the judge) <br /><br />'so the bumpkins could pronounce it'.

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

The first bullitin board I ever joined was a site where nobody but old Marines hung out. On it already were 2 guys named Ed. There, everbody used a old nickname from the Corps, or their real name.<br /><br />None of the 'Ed.s' had a nickname. They just used 'Ed.' and their last initial.<br /><br />One of the Eds. is a crotchity old so and so, that (to be brief) more or less has 'hero' status. He hasn't changed his 'monicker'.<br /><br />The other was a nasty looking old Grunt from the 50's-- On sight, he & I were easy to tell apart. **** Him, with that one big, long, bushy eyebrow at the bottom of his large protruding forehead. And it barely covered his dull, deepset eyes. (I often stated on our board that he-and several others belonged to a rare species known in Latin as 'Gruntasarus Maximus'.)<br /><br />When I arrived about late '96 or so:<br />A young, good looking guy-- and often confused with the 'Marlboro Man'-- whose tour was in Marine Avaition.<br /><br /><br />****<br />This is a small board I'm talking about, with only a few dozen members.. Many of us have entertained each other in our homes as various ones of us have traveled around the country, or had 'get-togethers' with 6-20 members & their familys in attendence, at various places around the country over the years. <br />**** <br /><br /><br />Even with most of us knowing, and having visited with each other.... It got a bit confusing for some of the old geezers, when all of a sudden there were 3 'Ed.'s on the bullitin board.<br /><br /><br />Often times, one of the Gruntasarus Maximus members would pound out a note on their keyboards (I suspect with their forehead) to the effect of 'which one of you Ed.s is this'?<br /><br />And, I got tired of always having to reply to such a post, and point out that, 'I was Ed. H.,,,, the young, good looking one'. <br /><br /><br />So,,,<br />On the board, one Ed. didn't change.<br />The other became Ed. (Gruntasarus Rex).<br />And I changed mine to 'Air Winger Ed.'<br /><br />Which I shortened to Winger Ed. after my old computer crashed, and I got back up a few days later. <br /><br />In my travels around the 'net, I've used it ever since.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Because I love Bass fishing. Is that enough?

aspeck

Staff member

aspeck - real original here - a is first name initial, speck is last name. So I am just aspeck in the realm of life.

FSHKPR

Ensign

i like aquariums i used to have over 20 of them set up.now down to just one 125 gallon tank. anyway fshkpr is fishkeeper with out the vowels.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Noodles is the ROTC nutjob in Animal House (the Deltas called Niedermeyer that). My last name is sort of the same and my friend started calling me Noodles shortly after we saw the movie. It stuck. Even my wife calls me by the name and she never saw the movie.

gaugeguy

Captain

I do the electrical design/application engineering for gauge manufacturer.

Tyme2fish

Commander

I follow Bluegrass Music and enjoy a band called Thyrd Tyme Out. I changed it a bit to Tyme2fish

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Became a new father last year. My first name is Gary. "BIG POPPA G" is what a friend of mine called me when I told him the news of the birth of my daughter.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I am from NY, people here in Indiana think I do every thing quickly, then Don Henley recorded the song, and they called me NYMinute.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Back in 95 when I was shopping for a new rig, I had it down to three brands, Ranger, Blazer, and Stratos. Still undecided, I got a fishing mag that had an ad for Stratos that said, "Have you ever had any Stratosfaction?". So that sold me and that is how I got this handle. ps, The Wife bought the Stratos for me. :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Our boat is a 192-Limited. So the name can kind of have 2 meanings. 1st it's time to take the boat out. Second, we only ever seem to have a limited amount of time on the water, not that it's short it’s just never long enough. We even thought about using it as the boats name, but we've only had the boat for 10 years and we're still throwing a few other names around. Who knows maybe this year we’ll actually pick a name.

tylerin

Commander

Tyler's my son, Erin's my daughter= Tylerin. I'm Mike

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Last name is Belchy, and one of my buddies in Highschool gave me this nick name, and now more people know me by Belchy than they do by my first name....<br /><br /><br />Belchy

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

ae708= Art Eadie born July 8.

eeboater

Commander

I started using my ID back when I had two major things going on in my life first, I was going to school to be an Electrical Engineer. Second, I was in the US Coast Guard Auxiliarry and pretty much lived on our family boat when I could. <br /><br />I have since switched majors to Computer science and my parents sold their boat about 5 years ago. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: <br /><br />EE = Electrical Engineering<br />Boater = well, duh!<br /><br />Sean

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Bob_VT<br /><br />Name and state... same on most boards I am on.

dsrchamp04

Petty Officer 3rd Class

dsrchamp04= d stock runabout..the class i race in apba events...and champ 04 is because i finally won a national in 04...after 15yrs of trying....my real name is nick...but man, ive been called just about everything... :D