how to get the old gas out?

Lakes84

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: how to get the old gas out?

Well, I'm 45 and have been using it for years. I used to be accustomed to breaking my carb down in my old Merc and cleaning the high speed jets. I started using SF (yes a hail mary in a can) and when I would disassemble my carb to clean, it was clean as a whistle. When I went to rebuild that same carb ( I was a big motorhead in my younger days) That carb was so clean it didn't need a rebuild. (just one of many examples)

So, It's been my experience that the biggest disbelievers in that product and the biggest public skeptics of.... well just about anything are the ones who have either...A...never experienced, or B...never attempted to experience the product they are speaking of.;)

ETA: HERE is a great thread on another forum I belong to that is all fisherman with boats big and small like us. Read for your self the overwhelming experience of Sea Foam by these guys.:)

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer

Welll. I'm 45 and have been using it for years. I used to be accustomed to breaking my carb down in my old Merc and cleaning the high speed jets. I started using SF (yes a hail mary in a can) and when I would disassemble my carb to clean, it was clean as a whistle. When I went to rebuild that same carb ( I was a big motorhead in my younger days) That carb was so clean it didn't need a rebuild. (just one of many examples)

So, It's been my experience that the biggest disbelievers in that product and the biggest public skeptics of.... well just about anything are the ones who have either...A...never experienced, or B...never attempted to experience the product they are speaking of.;)

ETA: HERE is a great thread on another forum I belong to that is all fisherman with boats big and small like us. Read for your self the overwhelming experience of Sea Foam by these guys.:)

I won't disagree with that. In your fuel as a maintenance tool, yes it does a good job cleaning the carb.. However, too much varnish being disolved and forced to push itself through small passages and jet's could very well leave you with more of a problem than you started with. But, yes I do agree it's a good product and does what it says it will. It's just a judgement call on how much buildup there is. I use it myself.

Lakes84

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can pass go and you can collect 200 dollars:D...Great explanation.