FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2000 mercury 2-stroke 50 hp outboard. Anyone have an idea how much one weighs? Can a couple guys lift it off the transom and put it on a stand or should I invest in getting a lifting eyelet?
I ended up getting the lifting ring. It sure made it an easy job with a chain fall. I built a motor stand from the plans on this site and it worked well also.