How much carpeting do I need

Rockchalk

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: How much carpeting do I need

Great thread guys. I am going to be doing some carpet work soon... I hope!!! Couple questions. How does 20# bend corners and crush down under hardware? I guess I am one of those... If its bigger its better guys so was going to order 20#. Guess I better check out the big box stores "damn it". Second question. What did you guys treat your plywood with. I have seen a bunch of different stuff but not sure what to go with. Thanks!!!

Realgun

Commander

Best thing is look at my last lines! Click the link should help! The best in my opinion is 2 coats of epoxy resin on all sides and especailly edges. It really does not take that much. Then after you seal it keep it sealed by not STAPLING or SCREWING or drilling HOLES in the treatd wood. If you really need to try to coat the Screw staple or edges of the hole with more epoxy.

davaugust

Seaman Apprentice

I'm about to buy carpet to do the sides of my boat , inside new storage spaces under the gunwales that I just finished building and installing (you can see pics at my project site). After much research, I also decided to just get it from lowe's. They have a burgundy colored outdoor that is very nice, inexpensive, and comes in a width big enough to do the whole job in one shot. <br /><br />I did my floor in a vinyl flooring material called Nautolex, and I'm very happy with it..still no substitute for carpet on the inside though. :)