How many people here smoke?

byordy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How many people here smoke?

Marlbourgh Lites for me, three packs a day. Wife was about a half pack a day. We both quit about 15 years ago. Once I decided that I really wanted to stop, it was just a matter of not buying any more. Same with her.<br />Worst times were in the morning with a cup of coffee, or with a drink. Now just the thought of smoking (anything) is repugnant.

iboater

Seaman Apprentice

Never smoked never will... :p :p <br />I don't enjoy being around smoke, blech.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

I'm with ZM and Rwise. :) <br /><br />I smoked cigs for about 1 year or so maybe 10 years ago. I was "lucky" as I would get pretty nauseus if I had more than one in less than a certain amount of time so that really turned me off to it. Finally said to my self that this was stupid and just stopped buying them. If you don't have one you can't smoke one. <br /><br />It was Newport lights (or marlboro menthols lights) for me.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

On top of the obvious expense of smoking these days there's the added cost of health and life insurance that's driven up by paying claims for smoking related illness and death. I'm so glad that I quit when I did.... was able to quit. And no more coughing and hacking.

magster65

Commander

It took me 4 or 5 attempts to quit. I finally gave up booze too while I weaned myself from those addictive little suckers! I'd drink enough beer or whatever, get weak and think I was only going to have a couple smokes and end up smoking again. It was one of the more difficult things I've ever had to do but I really wanted to quit. One cool thing I noticed about not smoking (besides not coughing and hacking) is the taste of food... wow! Smoking really numbs the old taste buds.

eeboater

Commander

The only thing that smokes by me are the candles Mrs. EEBOATER burns :D Even still, they are Partylite so they burn clean. <br /><br />If you're interested in Partylite candles, please contact me at... Hahha kidding....

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

After smoking approx a pack per day for about ten years, i got up one day and quit cold turkey, i never looked back, that was twenty years ago :)