How many people here smoke?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: How many people here smoke?

Yah, pole doesn’t seem accurate, the crowd we run with no one smokes. Ten couples, between 36 and 45 years old. But we all enjoy our adult beverages when we get together. We generally don’t do the bar sean (sp) just for that reason, get home late smelling like an ash tray,(yuck) have to shower before ya crawl into bed.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I guess I am the odd man out. I smoke for recreation only. I'll go for weeks, months without a smoke, and then smoke a pack in one night (out drinking).<br /><br />I have owned the pack I have now for 6 months. They are getting stale, but I am too cheap to by a new pack.<br /><br />Ken

vipzach

Lieutenant

Less than a pack a day, it is worse when I am at the lake with a cold one!

24tesla

Seaman

Did smoke. Using Commit Lozenge to stop. Seems to be working, now to get off these things..... LMAO

one more cast

Captain

ok all you smokers. What do you do with your butts. I'll bet they get tossed out the window or in the water. That is the worst thing about smoking to me.

ZmOz

Captain

Ok, you guys talked me into it. I just tried my first cigarette. :D Wasn't bad, but I'm much too cheap to make a habbit out of it. :p

FSHKPR

Ensign

quit in march and so far doing pretty good. 95 percent of the time i dont even think about it. the urges seem to come when i least expect it. i figured sitting in the saloons would be my toughest time. but that is no problem at all. toughest times seem to be when i am in the middle of project and stop for a minute or two, the urge is terrible then. as far as the butts go i never ever threw them on the ground in the lake or out the window. that is one of my pet peeves also. any way i hope i never go back. now if i can just lose the extra 10 or 12 pounds i gained i will be happy.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> ok all you smokers. What do you do with your butts. I'll bet they get tossed out the window or in the water. That is the worst thing about smoking to me.
This may sound silly but I keep a styrofoam cup full of sand with me when driving, etc. and put the butts in there, call it a mini ashtray. I hate everything about smoking including pitching the butts. Just a plain old addiction with me! :rolleyes:

Fly Rod

Commander

:)Ever go in someones house that smokes??? What a stench :eek: how about the guy with a whiteish/gray mustache and the center is yellow!!! white curtains turn yellow!!! Can you imagine kissing the opposit sex that smokes,may as well stick your head in a garbage can!!!<br /><br />To each of his or her own!!!!! ;) :cool:

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Anyone who claims that they truly enjoy smoking is a LIAR! Cigs are stinking, disgusting, killers. They're also addictive as hell and I hope that the tobacco companies are sued out of existence. I'm still trying to quit, I pray that I can kick it.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have never smoked. I'm lucky that I come froma big family and no one smokes, so I didn't have to grow up with it. Unfortunately, that can make a big difference in people's affection for the stuff. I remember when I was 11, I tried to do one of those science projects with the fake lung. You take an empty milk jug, put cotton into it and then blow a bunch of cigarette smoke into it a bunch of times Well, I tried to do the last part and at age 10, I almost puked and I think that's what truly kept me from ever trying it again. I'm lucky because I'm the kinda guy who would've done it as a kid just to be rebellious. ;)

Skinnywater

Commander

Smoked a pack a day for close to 30 years. My wife and I quit 5 years ago cold turkey. We did a whole lifestyle change.<br />The health benefits with quiting are completely obvious. And so is the availability of cash.<br /><br />What I really love about quiting is that two out of my three daughters smoked and both have quit smoking since we have.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Never have smoked ciggs, Grew up with it all my life, now mom has first stage of empazima(SP?)and still wont quit.....<br />I dont understand it?

11 footer

Lieutenant

Cigarettes are gross, I've had plenty of chances to try them and haven't, never plan on it. I can't stand girls who smoke, its gotta be one of the most unattractive things I girl can do to herself, IMO <br /><br />The only think I've ever put in my mouth was a "Philley" strawberry flavored cigar. Over the last four mounths I've smoked three of them, and only because I was with someone who had them and was doing it, its stupid. I don't inhale them, and it doesn't even really tast like anything, so whats the point?<br /><br />I would hate being addicted, what a wast of money.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I quit smoking about 15 years ago. I had tried (yeah right) many times before to quit and thought that I just couldn't quit. I got sick with a really bad cold so I put a vaporizer in my bedroom for the night and shut the door. The next morning I woke up to brown crap dripping from the ceiling onto the bed and floor..... same brown yuck running down the walls. I thought "Holy shyte... this stuff is inside me" I never smoked another cigarette from that day on. And you know what???? Once I really WANTED to quit it was so easy to do. Just giving it a half-hearted effort now and then won't do it. You have to WANT to quit or you never will no matter how many times you "try".

one more cast

Captain

I used to chew and I would always say I will quit when this can is gone...Some how I always managed to have an extra can that needed to be finished. Like ae708 says, One day I made up my mind I wanted to quit and I took the 1/2 full can I had in my pocket and handed it to my girlfriend (wife now) and said "here,throw this away I quit" and that was that untill a year and a half later when I was hunting and wasn't seeing any deer all season. I thought maybe if I had a chew it would change my luck. I bought a can and man did that stuff ever burn....The 3/4 full can now sits on the dash of my truck as dry as a bone, Why?...I don't know.

fireman57

Captain

I have been smoking since 6th grade. Everyone did then. Still smoking 36 years later. Pack a day, 2 packs when drinking. Buying the cheap ones now as the name brands are unaffordable. If quitting was easy I would do it. If I smoked only the ones I truly enjoyed I would smoke about 10 a day. I don't like being called a liar either.