How did you pick your avatar?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: How did you pick your avatar?

Cause I gotta have more cowbell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />Ken

oddjob

Commander

Thats weird we were just posting and poof!Dont have time to type it again...check the count....I aint crazy..yet.

sangerwaker

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> Maybe I just need new glasses or Barlow's sledge, cuz it ain't there on my tube. I'll check when I get home.
Yea you better check something cause it's there.
Yup, there now. Weird. Must be my filtering crud working at work. Big brother must be watching.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Mine is a scanned and reduced image of a 69 Merc 1250 from an original 69 Merc catalog. If I ever get another motor, I'll change my avatar to that.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Read my signature line and see the avatar. What else can I say.....

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I really enjoy the avatars. I just came aboard....I picked this avatar because I'll always be a kid at heart and this donley has my 'attitude'!! He's my hero!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> Hey Mrs SoulWinner, He kind of looks like you too :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: <br />Yea, I can see the can of gas coming now. :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hey..They killed Soulwinner! You Bas***ds!! :)

Dunaruna

Admiral

12footer.bmp
<br /><br />I always thought that was a pic of you. Woops :eek:

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

resemblance???? ears maybe, teeth definitely! big furry nose....not furry! shifty eyes... okay, I can see where there might be a resemblance :eek: )

mattttt25

Commander

picked mine because i am a qualified surface warfare officer and wear this pin every day on my uniform. also sort of fits a boating website.

KennyKenCan

Commander

I use this pic of the Grumman X-29, because at one point in my career, I actually built this plane.

SoulWinner

Commander

KKC, for real???? I saw a thing on TV once about that plane. If I remember right, the test pilots said it was real twitchy but could out manuver other planes. I always thought that was th wildest plane every built.(well, not countng the Valcrie (sp?))

KennyKenCan

Commander

For real SoulWinner.<br /><br />Grumman built (2) X-29 Technology Demenstrators in the late 1980's.<br /><br />They are essentialy, Grumman F-9 Panther fuselages fitted with the forward sweeping wings, amoung many other modifications, powered by the same GE jet engine used in the F-16 Falcon.<br /><br />The first X-29, was just used to prove it's flight worthyness.<br /><br />The second X-29, which is the plane I worked on, was used for every other conceivable test they could throw at it.<br /><br />The aircrafts where considered extremely stabile, in almost any condition, except in the event of a computer failure. A failure in the cumputer systems onboard, will result in a loss of the aircraft, as the planes inherant instability, can only be corrected by the computers, making as many as 50,000 corrections per second, to flight control surfaces.<br /><br />Truly is an amazing aircraft.<br /><br />NASA and DARPA still fly X-29 #2, at Edwards Air Force Base, California.<br /><br />The most amazing thing about these aircraft, is their fuel effeciency, which will propell forward swept wing technology into the commercial aircraft industries in the comming decades, all thanks to the Grumman X-29.<br /><br />
f9786e21.jpg
<br /><br />This is a pic of X-29 #1, at sunset, on the tarmac at the Navel Weapons Depot, Calverton, NY (Grummans Final Assembly Plant) just prior to shipment to Edwards AFB.<br /><br />The F-14A, A+, and D's
f9786c64.jpg.thumb.jpg
, A-6E's
f973cfbc.jpg.thumb.jpg
, and EA-6B
f973d020.jpg.thumb.jpg
were also pretty neat planes too!<br /><br />Heres a neat link too!<br /><br /> http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Newsroom/FactSheets/FS-008-DFRC.html

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br />
12footer.bmp
<br /><br />I always thought that was a pic of you. Woops :eek:
18712820.jpg
<br />Besides, I'm a NAVY guy, Dunaruna :)

one more cast

Captain

Mine is a self portrait of me about 20 years ago :D ( its hard to draw with mouse)<br /><br />And me now
OMC.jpg
Humm I look about the same only older.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

It picked me.<br /><br /><br /> :cool: :D