How did you pick your avatar?

SoulWinner

Commander
This question was posed (and this thread was purposed) in the one about my avatar. So lets hear 'em. And also, for those with custom avatars, where did you up-load yours to the net and how did you link it to your profile??<br /><br />I chose my avatar because I love fire. I can't wait till winter so I can get one in the fire place. That is how we heat the house during the winter.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How did you pick your avatar?

I picked mine because I am a Navy Veteran. I change mine, as my rank on iboats changes. I have all the Petty officer emblems, and uploaded them to www.freepichosting.com <br /><br />I picked the Machinist Mate because that's what I was. I was Engine Room Supervisor (EM01-#1 Engine Room) on USS New Jersey (BB-62)

sangerwaker

Commander

I chose, and made, mine because I love my boat. It is my other child. Sometimes my wife calls it my mistress because we (the boat and I) spend so much time together.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Mine is obvious and I found it on the WWW.<br />I won't say anything else cause it might incriminate me. :D

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

12footer gave it to me. Notice how the "Pointer" moves... :D

SoulWinner

Commander

I like the way Lester changes his, and that was one reason I started looking for some, then when Ken got the "Cow Bell" one that was it, I had to replace Cartman with something a bit more original. If anyone wants a waving "Diver Down"<br />flag, I have one.

Carphunter

Commander

Dumb 'ol computer illiterate Carpy, ain't quite figured out the Avatar thing. :(

sangerwaker

Commander

Maybe I just need new glasses or Barlow's sledge, cuz it ain't there on my tube. I'll check when I get home.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> Maybe I just need new glasses or Barlow's sledge, cuz it ain't there on my tube. I'll check when I get home.
Yea you better check something cause it's there.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Mine is a pic of R Lee Ermey off the History Channel, saying, "Where do you think you're going, Maggot!! The show will be right back!" (or some such rot).<br />Then I scooted it over to photoshop, and stuck a grey 'stash and glasses on him. Somebody said he looked like me without the 'stash, specs and gut...I just liked the emotion he exudes in that pic.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> I like the way Lester changes his, and that was one reason I started looking for some, then when Ken got the "Cow Bell" one that was it, I had to replace Cartman with something a bit more original. If anyone wants a waving "Diver Down"<br />flag, I have one.
Hey SW, I like to change with the holidays, but got this one this morning, but will cahnge back a little closer to halloween. :D

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Mine is fitting because everytime I think I know something about this computer it up and gives me a black eye... :D

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

I chose mine because I spend my weekend helping keep several of these ready for viewing but this one is my favored GALVESTON COUNTY SHERIFF RACE TEAM

oddjob

Commander

I used to have the hat throwing animated tuxsedo'd oddjob smiley that I created a few years ago. At the time everyone one weighing in on smoking so I put a smoke in his mouth as a tease. <br />Then they Iboats needed to scale it back with the avitar format so I put a pic of myself and a redfish. <br />Then I figured I was tired of that and wanted a change to a cartoon type . And this was the closest thing I could find that resembles me with a goat. Anyone who remembers my pic agree? I know I'm not quite this handsome but its all I had to work with. :D <br /><br />Thinking about going back to the oddjob original.

Drowned Rat

Captain

I found a Big Horn Sheep skeleton in the desert and a friend took a picture of me holding up the skull.

oddjob

Commander

I didnt know that was really you rat...I like it...cool :0