How are all you Whitetail hunters doing?

one more cast

Captain
Re: How are all you Whitetail hunters doing?

Thats a nice buck your brother got and would be a rare sight in my neck of the woods. The damn road hunters and poachers just hammer the heck out of them.

gaugeguy

Captain

That's a nice one alright, did he find the broken G2? A little superglue will fix that right up. Only 112? What did it net, about 130?

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mich. bow season is from oct.1 to nov. 14. From oct.1 to nov.11 I passed up 8 bucks, 6 pt. or less. Had a hot doe dragging a 18" ten pt. come right to the base of my tree and smell me. She then proceded to torture me by standing 5 yds. out while trying to see me move. Meanwhile the buck just stood 25 yds. out and eventually layed down. Finally the doe did a little button hook to get down wind and confirm what she suspected. Had another crack at a 18" 8 pt. on the morn. of nov. 11. I probibly skrewed that chance up by trying to be to aggresive. After the encounter with the 8 pt. I decided to shoot at the next buck which turned out to be a 6 pt. I missed. On the eve. of the 13th I killed a small 8 pt. On the morn. of the 14th I killed a spike.<br /> It's gun season now untill the end of nov.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

yea its a nice buck and yea i guess his smile could use a little kick <br /><br />but, he's been after a few others that outclass this one ( sick isn't it) he'll have a bigger one come time for rifle season. He's been up at my place grooming up for opening morning and has a few pictures of some heavy wieghts.. <br /><br />He's 'into' it ... I just shoot stuff.<br /><br />If you really wanna get sick I'll look for his black powder buck from a few years ago .. just makes me ill..<br /><br />gg- yea he found the break .. taxidermist says you won't notice it when he's done with it.. so thats sorta cool.<br /><br />I'm happy for him .. spends alot of time out in the brush so he deserves to bag'em.

one more cast

Captain

I have been spending most of my hunting time chasing road hunters and trespassers away. I gave the DEC police a call this morning and the road hunters will have a little mechanical surprise waiting for them this afternoon. :cool:

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

My son and I were hunting in Alabama and drove by one of those decoys, looked very real at 40 yds. Fooled me for about 5 seconds then I started looking for the law, never saw them though.<br /><br />Hope ya catch them.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Saw nothing during the early muzzleloader season. :( :( <br /><br />Still had agood time with all the squirels, had one almost sit on my boot. <br /><br />Rifle season opens for PA in a week and a 1/2 Monday after Turkey day. Hope to get something then.

gaugeguy

Captain

People that complain about the price of gas should buy a bottle of doe in estrous urine...$8 for 2 ounces, $540 a gallon :eek:

Carphunter

Commander

Still huntin here also. Shot an average doe during bow season.<br /><br />Passed on two of the biggest bucks I have ever let go this past weekend with my gun. Beginning to think that maybe that was a mistake since the weather here has become extremely warm.<br /><br />Nice buck by your brother Barlow. Have to agree with GG, he has to gross somewhere in the 130's. (To me, the gross score is what matters anyway).<br /><br />Good Luck guys.<br /><br />(Self edit).

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> gg, just paid $7 for Tinks #69. 1oz bottle = $896 a gallon or $49,280 per barrel.
That's hi-test, I'm using lo-octane, store was sold out of Primetime :(

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

you guys use that stuff ?? ...<br /><br />hmmmmmm...<br /><br />I guess the reminants of pickled eggs, whiskey, beer, and what ever else I've tried to consume is floatin' in the air by me..<br /><br />makes wearing scent lock an uphill battle :p <br /><br />BTW ... good luck pjc

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Well I'm a deer hunter how do you do.........<br /><br />Heading up to the shak tomorrow AM. Me, my Bro, and bud John. <br /><br />Congrats to those who filled their tags. Nice buck Barlow.<br /><br />Good and safe hunting to all.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

gg, just paid $7 for Tinks #69. 1oz bottle = $896 a gallon or $49,280 per barrel.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

thanks Barlow, ditto..............<br /><br />i do not use scent much........maybe a few drops near stand.

gaugeguy

Captain

I drag a scent rag soaked with doe urine to my stand, I've shot a good many bucks following my trail with their lips curled and noses to the ground.<br /><br />BTW, good luck Pat. Let us know how that new deer stand works out for ya.

ddaigle

Petty Officer 1st Class

You guys up north still have it good.I really envy you. Dont let your state get like Texas. Granted , we have some awesome deer and lots of em, but if you dont have 3-5 grand or know somebody with good land thats not leased your not going to get to hunt or will pretty much just be wasting time. I hunt on a friends land for cheap but this year was a disaster. First of all its a 9 hour drive( thats right 9 hours and Im still only halfway out of Texas)Then found out the people next to us built a game proof fence halfway around our land. There are so many high fences down here its pathetic. Then the people on the other side(city slickers)let their kids ride four wheelers up and down our fenceline all day. Needless to say all we saw were birds. :mad: But enough whining, at least the fishing is good.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Good Luck to you gg!<br />I mounted a stealthcam to a leg of my blind.<br />
blind.jpg
<br />And this is a little doe walking by out front of the blind.<br />
sc3.jpg
<br />Hope to see a big boy nosing around this area Sat morning. I'm told the deer are going good in the rut. Hope so. :D <br />(edit):the date stamp on the blind is my digicams default. I put this blind up this past summer.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Oh yea, truck is loaded, bro called and is bringing 5# vene hot stix, he figures John will get lost on way to his stand again, I suggest bro hold his hand and walk him out there, gonna grill steaks tomorrow eve, man we are pumped.

gaugeguy

Captain

I did the same thing, wanna share those meds :D

tylerin

Commander

tealandmallards1.jpg
<br />On a good day you guys only get to shoot once :confused: