Historical Facts about Gun Control

NathanY

Commander
Facts are real and whether you agree or not, it's an interesting lesson in history. Something to think about...<br /><br />----------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because <br /><br />of gun control: 56 million.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.<br /><br />The first year results are now in:<br /><br />Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent<br /><br />Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent<br /><br />Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent!)<br /><br />In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!)<br /><br />While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.<br /><br />There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY.<br /><br />Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns."<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear our president, governors or other politicians disseminating this information.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Take note my fellow Americans.....before it's too late!<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />With guns, we are citizens.<br /><br />Without them, we are subjects.

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Historical Facts about Gun Control

Nathan, who said anything about taking away your guns? If there is any legislation proposed to do this then I would like to know about it.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

You have obviously never tried to register a gun in California.. :D

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

No, I have never had to register a gun in California. However, that is a State law and the constitution only limits what the Federal gov. can do.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

No, I have never had to register a gun in California. However, that is a State law and the constitution only limits what the Federal gov. can do. <br /><br />NO.... FEDERAL LAW TRUMPS STATE LAW... Waivers to that can be obtained by petitioning the Federal government like our school choice program in Milwaukee, but, No state laws cannot usurp federal law.. Example: Why the quick move to create a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage??? Yep, that would trump Mass. state law. It would also bypass our new ruling class, the Judiciary.

oddjob

Commander

Hey how do you go about filing a lost gun so as to un-register it? I've only had two registered guns and I lost them both.. :( dangit!<br /><br />I need to look in to this... :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Left one out, Nathan.<br /><br />From 1937 to 1945 several million Chinese were exterminated by the Japanese.<br /><br />Also, it is a bit of a stretch to connect two events and call one the cause of the other.<br /><br />I agree that there is very little or no evidence that so-called "gun control" has any beneficial result at all, but it doesn't "cause" people to get killed. It may be stupid. It may contribute to allowing criminals to feel less threatened.

Bondo

Staff member

I agree that there is very little or no evidence that so-called "gun control" has any beneficial result at all, but it doesn't "cause" people to get killed. It may be stupid. It may contribute to allowing criminals to feel less threatened.
I was starting to think I'd Never Disagree with you JB,<br />But the Proof is in Australia.......<br />And Britian......<br />People ARE Dieing in these countries.......<br /><br />With Gun Control....<br />Crimminal Control goes Out the Window.......

18rabbit

Captain

Fwiw, the 5th Circuit Federal Appeals Court in Texas recently had a gun control issue before it. It ruled the right to own guns is an “individual” right. A few months later, the 9th Circuit Federal Appeals Court in California had a rubber shoe issue before it. It ruled the right to own guns is a “collective” right. The difference? As an individual right, the feds regulate gun control within the framework of the Constitution. As a collective right, the states do, without regard to the 2nd Amendment.<br /><br />Why did the 9th Circuit come out of left field with their ruling? Because the 9th Circuit only can come out of left field…the commie b@$+@rds!!! … that and because the issue of gun control cannot be ignored by the Supreme Court any longer. There are now conflicting rulings from apposing Circuit Courts…the Supreme Court must decide…or we the little people can pick and choose which ruling we want to follow.<br /><br />It’s politics…courtroom politics from the corrupt Super Legislature … the judiciary.<br /><br />EDIT: Oops! Almost forgot…the 9th Circuit Court’s ruling is unique in that it is (supposedly) the first time an Appeals Court issued a ruling on a matter that was not before it. The court took it upon itself to embed a gun control opinion into an unrelated matter. Have I said this before?… the courts are corrupt beyond belief!!!

Bondo

Staff member

the courts are corrupt beyond belief!!!
A Little More of Bubba Clinton's Legacy....................... :D

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

All I can say is where I'm from, I have no interest in owning a gun. I don't need one, I feel perfectly safe. I have no fear that my government will ever exterminate vast numbers of our populous as Nathan seems preoccupied with.<br />I have a convertible, and wouldn't hesitate to drive it (top down) ANYWHERE in Canada down any street or any ally without fear of getting carjacked or mugged. Its just a safe environment here, and I attribute it (among other things) to the fact very few people have hand guns. The only ones who have them are gang members who shoot other gang members. You can bet these guns came from the US...<br />Anyway, In my city there are about a million people. If you hear about a sooting, it makes the headlines, and it only happens about once a month.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Easy, Bondo.<br /><br />Strong evidence is not PROOF. I agree that the evidence is strong.<br /><br />The thread is titled, ".. .Facts. . . ."<br /><br />The cause-effect connection is OPINION, which can be defined as NOT Proven Fact.<br /><br />The worst thing 2nd amendment rights supporters can do is overstate their case. As soon as you treat opinion as fact you are in legal quicksand.

Bondo

Staff member

OK,<br /><br />It's Just a Coincidence the Crime Rate has Gone Thru the Roof in those countries.....<br />And,<br />That the Crime Rate has Dropped in the States that have Recently passed Right to Carry Laws......<br /><br />Lawyer I'm Not.......<br /> Common Sense , I've got a Truck Load......<br /><br />Only My Opinion JB...... ;)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

It's not about how one FEELS Toad. Life is about the preponderance of evidence of what could happen. Same reason you buy life insurance or put your seat belt on. We've had too many liberal FEEL GOOD policies in this country already. The attemp of gun control would be just another one in a long list of many.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Boomyal,<br /><br />I really don't want to get into an argument with you on this, but it seems like paranoia.<br />Is there really any chance Bush or Kerry will round up and exterminate its citizens?<br />Seriously...<br /><br />I look around and wouldn't want some of the people I see with cutlery let alone firearms...<br /> ;)

Bob Kimber

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi Nathan & Bondo,<br /><br />I would suggest you read the link that Kenimpzoom posted, as someone who has not only lived in Australia for all of my 54 years, I have also travelled and worked around most of Australia including 33 years working for a government department in the more remote areas and I do not think the incidence of gun related assaults has increased dramatically.<br /><br />I believe the web page Kenimpzoom refers too is much closer to the truth and the "letter" from the so called Aussie policeman that this discussion has evolved from, belongs along with the other flights of fantasy articles circulating on the web such as "the world is flat" and they can prove it! or "the USA did not actually travel to the moon and back" and they can prove it too!.<br /><br />As for guns, most Australians live in cities, it may be only marginally smaller in area than the continental USA but because of its extremely dry interior the population is concentrated in cities around the coast. Most Australians have never even fired a gun of any kind, let alone owned one, because they have nowhere to use it for recreational purposes. That said I don't agree with the type of gun control introduced and had to surrender a rifle years ago and have since voluntarily let my shooters license lapse and sold my last remaining rifle because it is now simply becoming to complicated to own guns, but in my opinion to try and link gun control to an increase in assaults is ridiculous, like all places in the world as the population increases, so does the number of offences against the public.<br /><br />When you are only dealing with low numbers of incidences a small numerical increase looks very dramatic when expressed as a percentage.<br /><br />BTW because I was in remote areas in many cases on my own, I carried a weapon with my employers approval for protection, not for use against people, but against crocodiles, feral pigs and buffaloes in Northern Australia. I also had relatives that lived on large cattle stations in Western Queensland so I was able to do a lot of culling of feral animals such as wild pigs when I was a teenager there on holidays<br /><br />Just my opinion <br />Bob

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

No need to argue Toad. Has nothing to do with paranoia. It's an American Right, guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States. It was included in the Constitution for reasons that have been obvious to anybody who cared to look around them throughout history. It didn't come to pass from a snapshot in history. True those snapshots have continued to multiply since that time. They have just added to the preponderance of evidence.<br /><br />No I don't think that Kerry or Bush would round up the citizens and exterminate them but what about those that may follow some time down the line after the deed is done? One more step to absolute power and that is what the left in this country has demonstrated it would be happy with.<br /><br />When you have a President's wife, who developes a national medical plan that would send me to jail if I sought treatment outside the plan, what am I to conclude!

18rabbit

Captain

You can bet these guns came from the US...<br />
Probably. Most things of value in Canada came from the United States. :D :D :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

Good debate, well thought out opinions.<br /><br />I would like to add,<br /><br />As an Australian living in a large city (4mil) I own guns and use them 4-5 times a year, rabbits, ducks and on rare occasion, wild boar and shark (deer when I was younger). All legal and registered. The banned (or more accuratly 'restricted') list of firearms are mainly semi, fully automatic high powered, the type a loney uses from the top of a building and war. <br /><br />Anyone can legally buy any firearm including pistols - but they first need to prove they need it for legitimate purposes (isn't that just common sense?) The proof needed includes (sometimes) a visit to the shrink (once again, common sense). <br /><br />The 'facts' listed in the first post are incorrect IMO. I see no evidence of this in my city although the term 'armed holdup' includes all manner of weapon - not just firearms.<br /><br />We recently had a run of brutal attacks carried out by asian gangs using samuari swords, hacking of limbs etc. in full view of everyday people going about their daily lives. The gov. decided to ban samuri swords because it was not illegal to walk around carrying one - now it is, the police can now do what they are paid to do without lawyers getting the case throw out. Collectors can still buy and display them, martial arts schools can still buy them and teach their use, its common sense.<br /><br />I disagree with boating bob, plenty of places to hunt and stalk prey, deer, rabbits, foxes, kangaroo, emu and wild dog are plentiful in the south and wild boar, buffalo, kangaroos in the north. All legal.<br /><br />We didn't start our little piece of paradise under adverse conditions, didn't have to fight for independence, have never been invaded (a few isolated instances during WW2), no civil war and a democratically elected gov from the start. Our gun control opinions (and that of our elected) stem from all this and having very low crime rate in comparison to most industrial countries. Our laws reflect on the publics reaction to murder and home invasions. Believe or not, we are still appalled by a single murder on the evening news, and our gov. reacts, as they should.<br /><br />The world is obviously changing, but for now, I agree 110% with our laws concerning guns. I also fear for my family when I read about home invasions by druged up loosers. Assuming I'm not sleeping to heavily, he will quickly find himself staring at the business end of a perfectly legal 12gauge.<br /><br />Now I've got that of my chest - I'm going fishin'.<br /><br />Aldo