Heyyyyyy Howaaaaaard! (Sterndrive, that is.)

NW Redneck

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
643
Where did you get the pic in your avatar? Any more like it? :cool:
 

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
481
Re: Heyyyyyy Howaaaaaard! (Sterndrive, that is.)

I remember he posted some details about it in another thread. Cant remember which, but it is a turbine engine setup. He has a much larger photo which is really cool. Hopefully he will chime in.
 

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
4,603
Re: Heyyyyyy Howaaaaaard! (Sterndrive, that is.)

I just stumbled across that pic on another boating forum
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8780&page=13

gotta love the bowties
2747186470101354590S600x600Q85.jpg

but the best page of great boat engineering pics n the entire www has to be this:
http://www.horizonblue.dk/Diverse.htm
enjoy
 

r.j.dawg

Ensign
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
993
Re: Heyyyyyy Howaaaaaard! (Sterndrive, that is.)

I need to find one of those Lone-Star Meteor's to take up to next years Elvis Festival in Collingwood. :D
 

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
4,603
Re: Heyyyyyy Howaaaaaard! (Sterndrive, that is.)

the one pic of my Volvo B36 V8 was taken by me... not even sure where the guy found that pic- I don't recall ever posting it online...
I gotta wheel that engine out again this week and fire it up... I haven't run it in about 7 years
 

superbenk

Commander
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
2,033
Re: Heyyyyyy Howaaaaaard! (Sterndrive, that is.)

I meant to ask about that pic too. I love seeing skunk-works kind of pics. Now where's my turbine powered Stringer conversion kit?? :)
 

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
4,603
Re: Heyyyyyy Howaaaaaard! (Sterndrive, that is.)

playmatead.jpg

could you imagine seeing that in a magazine in the 60's and hearing about a possibility of a turbine powerplant....you'd feel like John Glenn in one of those
 
Top