Hey Newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Mr. Otto not OTTO, I learn something new here everyday. Including how to put a casting deck on my canoe.

This is the best "preaching to the choir" thread ever. It's not just cathartic it is also fun.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Hey Newbies...... to convert your narrow utility boat to a bass boat with casting platforms..... sell what you have..... buy what you want...... adding a bunch of weight to your narrow boat just subtracts from the capacity and makes the boat unstable.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Hey Newbies.......posting in a 10 year old thread is against the rules......... the ones you read when you signed up.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I wish only newbies posted in old threads and wrong sections.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I wish only newbies posted in old threads and wrong sections.

Nothing is as bad as some of the goofs on the Starcraft FB group. Pool noodles, name calling, old soggy foam using, cut the top off your cabin cruiser dolts and the just weld her up goons.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nothing is as bad as some of the goofs on the Starcraft FB group. Pool noodles, name calling, old soggy foam using, cut the top off your cabin cruiser dolts and the just weld her up goons.

Nice list....

Forgot the overpowered...

GA_Boater

It ain't Free Boat, also to be avoided in most cases.

Chris - Sorry I didn't speel it out. I have issues. :D

GA_Boater

Hey aspeck - Walk a mile in my shoes. Now where did I put them?

Oh, no! A new issue! :eek:

I forgot to take them out of the converted Survival Closet and are buried under cases of TP (toilet paper), Kleenex, Purell, beer, Clorox, Ramen noodles and Tabasco to make the noodles almost palatable. :D

Oh well, I won't need them until the State lets me out of the house.

Don't be like me. Stay safe and plan better! :smile:

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Have you ever talked to GA in real time? You might want to rethink that statement!:crazy: :lol::lol::fencing::bolt::behindsofa:

worse...... he could poke around in my grey matter......

its sorta like the lyrics by the Clarks song

In a black and far off corner of my mind
There's a box of something I can't quite define
It houses circus freaks, temptation and bad trips
In an isolated corner of the box
There's a trap door covered up with dirt and rocks
It opens to the stairs that lead down to the crypt

Do you know where you're going when you've taken your last step
Do you know what you get?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Just about need me a macro setting on my keyboard to paste into comments.

"These 3/4" pin pedestals are ABYC B rated at 5 MPH and not for helm use".

3-4 pin.jpg

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Every hobby I ever had, i did some research prior to jumping in.... (with the exception of girls.....there was no research there....)

Lucky you. I did plenty of research. Exhaustive research. I had trouble getting shop time though.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Hey Newbies.......if your motor has water in the oil when you fire it up this spring.....the winterization was most likely FUBAR'd

If you state that you used to be an auto mechanic in the first line of your post, then you ask a basic question that is covered in high school shop class, much less the first week of automotive fundamentals...... going to doubt your ability as a mechanic

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/eng...s-outdrives/10858567-1976-sea-sprite-sea-hawk

Scott Danforth

Staff member
for example, from a typical automotive technician curriculum

Automotive Technology Course Outline

Auto 110 – Automotive Introduction and Fundamentals (400 hours)
This course introduces the student to automotive industry standard practices including shop safety, use of chemicals, documenting repair estimates and work orders, identifying careers in the auto industry, and learning employability skills. Upon completion of this course, the student will understand and demonstrate proper work ethics in the automotive industry that meet standards to maintain employment eligibility. Students will become proficient with the use basic electrical testing equipment while testing batteries, fuses, DC motors, and other electrical circuits. Students will also learn how to apply Ohm’s law through diagnostic strategies. Students will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to perform brake system diagnosis and repair to the hydraulic, mechanical, and anti-lock brake system. The student will correctly use and care for the tools and diagnostic equipment used while performing tasks, and observe safety procedures customary for the performance of these tasks. This course will prepare students for ASE certifications in the areas of electrical and brakes.

Auto 120 – Automotive Intermediate I (600 hours)
Students will learn preventative maintenance, service, and repair of automotive engines, heating and air conditioning, steering and suspension, automatic transmission, manual drivetrain and transaxles. This includes servicing the power steering fluid, transmission fluid, engine cooling system fluid, engine oil changes, and axle fluid. Students will also inspect and replacing steering & suspension components, diagnose and replace tires, perform wheel alignments, diagnose alignment defects, replace timing belts, gaskets, perform cylinder head and valve train diagnosis and repair, and lubricating system diagnosis and repair. This course ensures that students gain ability to perform the necessary diagnosis and repairs to the automatic transmissions, manual transaxles and drivetrains, and the heating and air conditioning system. The heating and air conditioning portion of this course will prepare the student for a mobile air conditioning system (MACS) Section 609 certification. This course will also prepares students for ASE certifications in steering and suspension, engine repair, heating and air conditioning, automatic transmissions, manual transaxles and drivetrain.

and the list goes on from there

FredDog01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For some Newbies Reading 101: See **** run. See Jane run. Forgot to put drain plug in.

Status
Not open for further replies.