Hey Newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwco5051

Commander
Like the message that was on the forum for my home lake a couple of evenings ago;

"Was planning on going out in the morning. Lost all power to my boat while installing an ignition switch today. If anyone has any input or knows of someone that can fix my problem it would be greatly appreciated"

Took about 6 questions back and forth to find out what exactly what it was doing plus I sent a picture of where the fuse holder under the cowling was located. Gave him my phone number and told him to call . Never heard any more from him so I guess he was able to go fishing the next morning like he planned.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Like the message that was on the forum for my home lake a couple of evenings ago;

"Was planning on going out in the morning. Lost all power to my boat while installing an ignition switch today. If anyone has any input or knows of someone that can fix my problem it would be greatly appreciated"

Took about 6 questions back and forth to find out what exactly what it was doing plus I sent a picture of where the fuse holder under the cowling was located. Gave him my phone number and told him to call . Never heard any more from him so I guess he was able to go fishing the next morning like he planned.
Ain’t it something. You give them the reach around, then never see them again. Till they need it again.

tpenfield

Staff member
Yes, some folks have too much faith in that Google knows their every move and thoughts and we can merely look it up by Googling . . . "Bob, Boat, Didn't Start" :ROFLMAO:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Hey newbies..... when you ask a question and its answered and we provide links to the stickies where all the similar topics have been addressed, AND you reply OK, or Thanks..... do not ask the same question again

FLATHEAD

Commander
Hey newbies..... when you ask a question and its answered and we provide links to the stickies where all the similar topics have been addressed, AND you reply OK, or Thanks..... do not ask the same question again
Who is this guy? The post police? 👮‍♀️

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Who is this guy? The post police? 👮‍♀️
Nah, I just hate askholes

Askhole (noun)
1) A person who always asks a lot of questions and your advice, yet never takes your advice.
2) A person who is generally annoying due to amount of questions ...

FLATHEAD

Commander
Then why answer them a second time if it bothers you that much? Is it so you can post up complaints and belittle people?
Is there a rule that limits the amount of times a question can be asked? Or is there a number that fits your own personal standard? Sorry for all the “ questions”

Curious minds want know!

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Then why answer them a second time if it bothers you that much? Is it so you can post up complaints and belittle people?
Is there a rule that limits the amount of times a question can be asked? Or is there a number that fits your own personal standard? Sorry for all the “ questions”

Curious minds want know!
asked any number of times until its answered. if asked again, kindly point them to the answer. if they ask again, then they are open to be made fun of. Just like you are getting all hot and bothered right now, bolding your text.

lighten up francis

FLATHEAD

Commander
The bold was unintentional. Not bothered just asking some questions. After all it is the idea of this forum.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I suggest everyone take a big step back from the computer keyboard,

Enough is enough, move along

racerone

Supreme Mariner
A lot of this could be solved if this site forced folks to include model # / year / pictures / history of motor before questions can be submitted.------Nothing like giving advice and having poster say.----" Already did that "

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
A lot of this could be solved if this site forced folks to include model # / year / pictures / history of motor before questions can be submitted.------Nothing like giving advice and having poster say.----" Already did that "
I doubt we could "force" but, possibly a troubleshooting form so the particulars could be identified before hand. I fully agree "already did that" is frustrating. ;)

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Sometimes I think I should reply with.-----" I had a motor just like that.----Did exactly the same thing as yours.---After a new powerpack and coils it ran like new again "-----Just for entertainment.

briangcc

Commander
I'd have to respond a touch differently...

I had a Force 120 HP on my '99 Bayliner. Damn thing wouldn't start, just like you described. I fixed the problem by trading that motor in on a '00 115HP Honda. Worked great after that. Only cost me $10k at the time :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I'd have to respond a touch differently...

I had a Force 120 HP on my '99 Bayliner. Damn thing wouldn't start, just like you described. I fixed the problem by trading that motor in on a '00 115HP Honda. Worked great after that. Only cost me $10k at the time :)
So is it necessary that if a 120 Force does not start.....buying a 115 Honda will solve the problem? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.