I recently bought a 2018 18' pontoon boat with 40 hp Yamaha 4 str. Boat hits 15 mph at 5000 rpm full throttle. Full throttle can be 5500-6000 rpm. Current prop is 11 3/4 X 9. Any thoughts on a different prop for better top end without over revving?
So should I go with a 10" or 11" pitch?you understand that you are 500 rpm below the minimum of 5500. You are lugging your motor.
no...you are overpropped as stated.So should I go with a 10" or 11" pitch?
I checked the prop again and the diameter is actually 12 1/4", not 11 3/4" as I earlier stated. Does diameter have a big effect?
Thanks in advance.
if you want a better top end, you need more motor, or your current motor is at the wrong mounted height.I recently bought a 2018 18' pontoon boat with 40 hp Yamaha 4 str. Boat hits 15 mph at 5000 rpm full throttle. Full throttle can be 5500-6000 rpm. Current prop is 11 3/4 X 9. Any thoughts on a different prop for better top end without over revving?