FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hopefully someone can help me and tell me how I should go about repairing these gouges on my hull. Has anyone used mar-glass to repair something like this? is it just the gelcoat thats chiped off? Take a look at the pics!! THanks in advance!
Some of what you see is just gel coat damage and only cosmetic, other areas look to be all the way through the hull and should be fixed before you use it again. If you can get to the inside of the hull it will be easier to fix, but it can all be done from the outside too.
You'll need to pick up some resin, glass, a grinder of some type, gel coat or paint, plus a few other odds and ends
I'm in a similar place with my boat. I hate to sound dumb and ask a question I am sure has been answered dozens of time, but I cannot find the answer here. I need step by step instructions.
I am assuming this:
1. clean up the area
2. apply fiberglass
3. sand it down
4. apply gelcoat