Has anyone killed a deer yet?

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Has anyone killed a deer yet?

Hey Carpy,<br /><br />Hows it going?<br /><br />Aren't you being just a little harsh?<br /><br />I mean, after all, it is a cartoon!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Bambi was never born!!!<br /><br />Bambi is only a myth that some people believe exist and believe in!!! They are called "DULL PEOPLE!!!" :D :D And yes!! some of these same people use it as a tool aganist hunting until the deer eat there favorite flowers and then they call you or I to harvest their problem!!!<br /><br />And now with this new shark movie the same will be true about not being able to harvest sharks!!! ;) :cool:

FLATHEAD

Captain

I have to agree about Bambie and all those other films and cartoons that humanize animals. About as anti hunter as it comes. Not to mention an insult to your intelligence.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yes, I killed a whole six pack my brother's birthday..OH --Deer. <br />I named my dawgie "Bambi" for obvious reasons.<br /><br />
18777337.jpg

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I still say that deer do not like arrows being put into them.I do admit that venison does taste great.<br />Flyrod,I am not sure that they are meant to be harvested, nevertheless I will try to do exactly that, next week.Just not the ones in my backyard(I would sleep in the doghouse for the next five years).

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I don't like arrows iether. Too much trajectory.

Homerr

Commander

Nothing here yet...<br /><br />Been hunting all over... Not many tracks either.<br /><br />Don't get me started on Oregon's corrupt game management system (AKA Oregon Dept. Of Fish and Wildlife) :mad: <br /><br /><br />H.

Carphunter

Commander

I'm doing fine KKC, how 'bout you?<br /><br />Well KKC, these anti-hunting cartoons corrupt many of the younger generation, before they have a chance to even realize that they have been corrupted.<br /><br />The "seed" is planted at a very young age that hunting is evil, and I believe many of these children grow up believing this to be true.<br /><br />......so, you may think its a harmless cartoon, but I think its a tool to corrupt our children against hunting.<br /><br />You will notice that in most cartoons, hunters are depicted as bumbling idiots. Don't be fooled, this depiction is not by accident. <br /><br />Now, as far as deer being "pets", ......well, they are wild animals, and any efforts humans make to domesticate them will eventually result in disaster. (Disaster in the form of car/deer collisions, destruction of property, luring deer to suburban areas where food is scarce, making that animal not have the fear of other creatures that make it essential for its survival, dependence on humans for food, ect.)<br />Deer should be kept "wild", they are not pets.<br /><br />.....and......"Long nasty arrows" :confused: , my arrows are short and sleek...............and they do the job quite efficiently. ;)

oddjob

Commander

Talked to the old man this mornin. Were planing tenatively to get me and the boys out there for opening week. Maybe I can wait for a nice buck for a change. A nice buck down here is just a little larger than the Grinch's rein deer..

gaugeguy

Captain

Quote from Bambi that I use often..."Man has entered the forest" :D <br /><br />Driving an arrow through a deer's pumphouse is the ethical thing to do...winters are pretty brutal up here. ;) <br /><br />In the words of The Nuge..."The beast is dead, long live the beast" :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

Carpy, I thought you were the real life Elmer Fudd! :p ;) :D

Carphunter

Commander

"Be verwy qwiet, i'm hunting wabbits".<br />"Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh". :p

aspeck

Staff member

Wherew awe those waskaly wabbits?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

"I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh noooo you know didn't ya? It's just a harmless little bunny , isn't it?! "<br /> <br />
rabbitat.jpg
<br />
caerbann.jpg

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

mark42, that paperboy gives hunters and gun owners a bad name. He violated several laws, hunting o; season, hunting from a vehicle, hunting with in the safe zone of a house, carrying a fire arm illegally, and he didn’t harvest the dear he poached. <br /> Too bad you didn't report him; our community would be a safer place.

Homerr

Commander

Around here.. the paperboy would have been harvested!<br /><br />What an idiot.<br /><br />H.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nothing big enough yet. The guy obviously saw a deer that he thought had been hit by a car. He then did the most humane thing by shooting the deer. He did nothing wrong.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I walked out on my back steps this morning with a cup of coffee and saw a buck and 4 does about 100 yds away in my back yard. Started to grab the rifle but didn't want to bother with dressing one out. SC has so many deer that they are a menace..season runs from Aug to Jan.

one more cast

Captain

We have muzzle loading season open now and rifle season opens Saturday. I haven't even been out yet.We started a six point rule this year to see if we can grow more big bucks but the local hunting pressure is high and the outlaws are many (road hunting at dusk and spot light jacking) so it may not help. I have a nuisance permit so I will wait until later in the season when the weather gets cold and take a doe for eating.