Guess which is the husband?

spratt

Lieutenant
I imagine this post will only last a short time...I am probably going to be lambasted as anti this and hater of that...but I do not agree with homosexuality nor lesbianism, nor nestaiality, or any other off the wall sexual preference...I am not a Political Correct person, never have been, never will be. I am not even going to raise teh religious flags here, though it would be easy. I am just going to post this photo, provide the link, and let it go at that...I wanna see what becomes of it.<br /><br /> http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/12/32004a.asp <br /><br /><br />
1203-Methodistj_1.jpg

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Guess which is the husband?

spratt,<br />There are trying to pass a bill through parliment here at present to legalise same sex couples to be same status and rights as M/F couples. Heaven forbid.<br />Dumb, dumb, dumb.<br /> :mad: :mad: <br />Regards<br />Peter

Link

Rear Admiral

Q: Which one is the husband<br /><br />A: A: They both are and that is my final answer!<br /><br />Do I get to go on?<br /><br /> ;)

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

oh now Link...you know that one Has to be the woman or they'd never get fed a decent meal!!<br /> :D :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by peterf:<br /> spratt,<br />There are trying to pass a bill through parliment here at present to legalise same sex couples to be same status and rights as M/F couples. Heaven forbid.<br />Dumb, dumb, dumb.<br /> :mad: :mad: <br />Regards<br />Peter
I guess I never really thought of all this in global capacities...New Zealand, and you folks are suffering this also? From everything I have read and heard, the MAJORITY does not want this stuff happening...yet somehow the minority is able to pull off some wild stunts...what is up with that???<br /><br />I really am interested in reading what Woodrat will have to say about this...

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Mrs Soulwinner:<br /> hey spratt, sign of the times? :rolleyes:
If this is a sign of the times, what do we have to say about Sodom and Gomorrah??? Two entire cities wiped out in one afternoon...just because of this very garbage!!!

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Might they both be named "Pat?"<br /><br />...Bob in Calif... :confused:

spratt

Lieutenant

Pat?? Over my head, I guess, buit that is ok...maybe you meant they are both patting each other...<br /><br />What do folks down in your neck of the woods think about this stuff, Bob from San Francisco?? You live in the thick of it...and I have been down there a couple times, and it ain't pretty!!!

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Pat?? Over my head, I guess, buit that is ok...maybe you meant they are both patting each other...
Pat was a character from Saturday Night Live....you couldn't tell if Pat was male/female....everyone spent all their time asking questions, etc...but Pat's answers always left more confusion.<br /><br />I too do not agree with this. All species were mean't to reproduce, to carry the genes....with 2 of the same sex, you can not reproduce with both sets of genes combined. That's why 1 sex has the outlet and the other sex has the plug. They are meant to fit together. 2 outlets or 2 plugs can't connect<br /><br />Hey...I answered it and didn't have to use the religious card....although I could have very easily!

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I'm not pro-homo, they creep me out! But to each his/her own. They are a minority and shouldn't be discriminated against any more than any other minority. Fact is that a homosexual couple is a couple and shouldn't be denied rights and priviledges heterosexual couples enjoy. One interesting stat is that nowadays most homosexual couples stay together for life and most heteosexual couples don't. I don't recall the figs, but they weren't even close. One thing that might help some homophobes sleep a little uneasier is that homosexual couples can't procreate homosexuals. Only heterosexual couples can. ;)

Homerr

Commander

I don't agree either. Thank God the voters in my state banned the marriage.<br /><br />A gay pastor is like a cop who gets caught drunk driving. It just isn't suppose to happen!<br />I'm glad they decided to remove the pastor.<br /><br />You certainly don't see straight people having marches and rallies do you? I don't go out in the streets and announce "I'm normal! I'm a breeder!"<br /><br />I think homosexuality is abnormal and disgusting. I went over the edge when they started bringing it into the schools with the 'my other daddy' books etc... Teaching the kids this behavior is perfectly normal.<br /><br />I won't comment further... I can hear the *poof* button!<br /><br />H.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Yeah I could give a rats behind about these folks!! As long as they leave me alone they can do whatever they want. They love people that make a big deal out of it. It is better to just ignore it if you don't like it. After all who they hurtin? So they want medical benefits the same as married folks,, I say give it to them. If they are responsible enough to hold a good job,, whats the big deal?? <br /><br />I don't like it any more than most people. But as long as they keep to themselves who is it gonna hurt. If it is Immoral and a major sin,, God will take care of them in due time. <br /><br />Now as far as those parades they hold in some cities ,, I think that should be stopped. The in your face thing is what bothers me the most.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Flahthead:<br /> Now as far as those parades they hold in some cities ,, I think that should be stopped. The in your face thing is what bothers me the most.
Accept one part, Flathead, you'll get the whole program, parades and all. Plus you'd soon be seeing it all throught your house, on the Television. No holds barred. How'd ya like your six year olds, sitting and watching all manner of displays on TV?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Homosexuality has no bearing in my life. If they want to be married, let them. It does not matter to me, my life is the same no matter what happens with them. Like Flathead said, as long as I am not adversely affected by what they do, it is irrelevant to me. I have never understood why so many people get so worked up over this. <br /><br />Homosexuality will never go away, it will always be here. Just deal with it. You are not going to somehow turn gay if you just accept their existence. I hate to say it, but I have known homsexual people, and they have been some of the best people I have known character wise. Also, I have found that homosexuals tend to have a higher standard of living. They tend to have better jobs, live in better homes, take care of their property better. In my profession, I see a lot of homes, and I have never seen a homosexual that lives in a dumpy dirty house. <br /><br />I have seen a lot of redneck jethro white trash with six kids and a dumpy filthy house that just needs a good cleaning if they would get off their lazy arse and make an effort. I hate to say it, but it is this type of people, with their four broke down cars, piles of trash in the back yard, six dogs in a tiny pen full of crap, that seem to be the most vocal against homosexuals. Sad, really.<br /><br />I am not sure what any of that means, I am just saying what I have seen. I also am not saying that homosexuals are better than heterosexuals, I am simply stating that homosexuals as a general grouping try to live good lives. They are not running around in your backyard trying to turn your children gay. I personnaly don't care much for the parades, but at the same time I can see why they do it. It seems like it was done in the past with other groups of people. You know, women, african americans, etc. That wasn't well recieved back then, but nowadays racism isn't as rampant (though does still exist in the small minded) and chauvanism isn't as prevelant (except in the small minded). Maybe one day, homosexuality will be tolerated more. <br /><br />All I can say is for those who choose to expend way too much energy hating homosexuals, what will you do if a child of yours ends up gay? If your first thought is anything but love them no matter what, then you better start rethinking your outmoded, outdated way of thinking.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A child of mine is gay. She didn't "end up" gay, she was always that way. She has been with her partner for over 20 years and suffers all of the discrimination that gay activists complain about. <br /><br />Racial and gender minorities would never have been freed from discrimination without activists marching in the streets. So it will be with same gender partners.<br /><br />As far as I know, there is no "gay" gene (I know of no gay relatives or ancestors), but I do know that some people are born that way and some people have been born that way for as long as history records. In my book that makes it rare, but normal.<br /><br />I am very strongly and deeply offended by the gay bashing parties that occur here so often, particularly by the "love your brother" Bible thumpers.<br /><br />Understanding that I have this intense bias, I will not lock or delete this thread but I will not accept responsibility if it provokes me into some serious flaming.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I am offended by the anti Christian posts here but that doesnt seem to raise your hackles JB. Same, Same if you ask me. And if you look into few of these posts ( and Im sure you do) many of us bible thumpers do not Flame Gay paople so please dont place that type of behavior on all of our doorstep.It would be sterotyping if you did, and we all know how you feel about that. I have stated before it is my belief that God Loves gay people as much as he loves the people who wrongfully condem Gay people to hell.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Fair comment, M&R.<br /><br />It was not my intent to stereotype Christians as gay bashers. My apologies if it seemed that way.<br /><br />It was my intent to identify those who think they are quoting the intent of The Bible (thumping) and use that to justify hatred and persecution of gays, just as The Bible was claimed to justify racial hate, segregation and suppression of women.<br /><br />I don't know who said it first, but (s)he was accurate. . . "The Devil can quote scripture to his purpose".

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Homosexuality has no bearing in my life. If they want to be married, let them. It does not matter to me, my life is the same no matter what happens with them.
So you think. I am sure that there will be a back-lash from the health insurance companies in the form of higher rates if "married" same sex couples start getting on the insurance rolls. Remember the same sex folks are the largest group of aids aflicted people going in this USA. They also have higher than average rates of mental health problems, physical abuse (lesbian couples are the highest), drug and alcohol abuse and suicide.<br /><br />You know the insurance companies are going to pass off the costs of covering the non-working "spouse" or non-insured half of a married couple to the rest of the policy holders. <br /><br />Make no mistake, I do not have a hate for homosexuals. I do hate what they are doing to this country.<br /><br />Mark