Great Ad

ThePartsMan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Local CL ad I had to share.

BOAT FOR SALE - $500

BOAT HAS CRACK IN TRANSOM SETUP FOR SMALL BLOCK CHEVY, OMC COBRA OUTDRIVE, WITH TRAILER,
NO TITLE

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: Great Ad

Could be a really nice boat with a superficial gelcoat crack, I would check it out who knows?

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

"BOAT HAS CRACK IN TRANSOM"

Strike one!

"OMC COBRA OUTDRIVE"

Strike two!

"NO TITLE"

Strike three!!!

Next?

Dave Barnett

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not sure how it is elsewhere, but here in MO I have twice in the last year checked into getting a boat and motor titled. To say the least it is a red tape nightmare. More often than not it is impossible. No title? No sale with me.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

"OMC COBRA OUTDRIVE"

Strike two!

Hey! what's wrong with an OMC Cobra Outdrive!:mad:

I had one that performed smoothly & flawlessly for well over a decade, and they have had the maintenance simplified since at least 1990! Only 5 min to change an impeller:)

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

Hey! what's wrong with an OMC Cobra Outdrive!:mad:

I had one that performed smoothly & flawlessly for well over a decade, and they have had the maintenance simplified since at least 1990! Only 5 min to change an impeller:)

You know reliability is an issue with them, that is why you used your qualifying statement. Parts are getting harder and harder to come by, even if they did simplify maintenance.

I agree... 3 strikes... move on. Just more of a head ache than any gain you may get form it.

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

here in utah you don't need a title for your boat. Just the trailer. and you dont need that if it's under 16 feet and single axle.

you do have to register it but no title.

When I bought mine I was like WHAT NO TITLE? called the dmv they said NOPE you don;t need it. just the registration. I was floored.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

here in utah you don't need a title for your boat. Just the trailer. and you dont need that if it's under 16 feet and single axle.

you do have to register it but no title.

When I bought mine I was like WHAT NO TITLE? called the dmv they said NOPE you don;t need it. just the registration. I was floored.

No titles on boats older than 1984 was the rule last I heard for Utah. My 90 is titled.

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

No titles on boats older than 1984 was the rule last I heard for Utah. My 90 is titled.

that may very well be true. mine is a 73 and I stated that when I called and asked.

I guess best thing is to call whomever is in charge of that in your state and ask.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

You know reliability is an issue with them, that is why you used your qualifying statement.

Maybe you better learn to read the posts more thoroughly.
How can you possibly derive from my previous post that i know reliability is an issue with them when what i said was "I had one that performed smoothly & flawlessly for well over a decade"
..and qualifying statement??? this is just a boat forum:confused:

i was simply offering some first hand experience about the OMC Cobra outdrive, which happens to be one of the smoothest shifting, quietest, and best performing out drives I've ever had the pleasure to own. Now don't go reading something else into this, it's just MY OPINION ok?:rolleyes:

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer

Colorado doesn't title boats either. I have a title for mine, but they said they don't need it. Nice to have it down the line for resale though.

dwco5051

Commander

Pennsylvania title regulation;

Any boat purchased, transferred or sold, must be titled if the boat is: