Got the call today that I did'nt ever want to get.. (thoughts and prayers needed

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
My Bud was so happy about this time last year when he announced to me while we were out fishing that his wife was pregnant with their second child.. Not just saying it, but I honestly don't know two other people more deserving of a healthy child than my friends... Down to earth, good hearted, hardworking people..<br /><br />Few months ago their newborn baby girl was born two months premature.. Even though she was born prematue they did'nt seem too concerned at the time... I suspect they new there was a problem, but they did'nt say anything...<br /><br />For about a month I could'nt get hold of my bud.. Tried calling and left messages, but no answer, no call back... I though, well he's and A/C guy, it's summer which means lot of work, new baby at home, and having just moved in to a new home, he's probably busy as all get out, so I was'nt real concerned... <br /><br />A few weeks ago my bud calls and says things are'nt going well... They had been in Miami while their new baby girl was at Miami Childrens hospital, and the prognosis was'nt good.. He did'nt go into detail and not wanting to pry, I did'nt ask.. They're private about things like that and I know they don't want folks to worry over things for them.. I understand because I'm much the same way... About all he said was that they did'nt expect the baby to live but for another few months.. I guess with a prognosis like that, the cause really does'nt matter..<br /><br />They finally did get to bring their baby girl back home, with the help of Hospice... I called saturday afternoon to see how things were going with thoughts of stopping in to see them.. Was'nt good, so not wanting to be in the way, I did'nt go..<br /><br />I got the call this evening that their little baby girl had passed away yesterday... <br /><br />To make matters worse, my Bud had symptoms of a heart attack and was taken to the hospital... Fortunately he's as ok as one could be in that situation I guess.. The Docs could'nt find anything physically wrong other than slightly high blood presure which they attributed to the stress of the situation.. Docs gave him some meds and sent him home...<br /><br />iboaters... My friends Lenny, Stephanie, and son Austin need any thoughts, hopes, or prayers that you fine folks can spare... I'm certian they'd be grateful..<br />Thanks..

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Got the call today that I did'nt ever want to get.. (thoughts and prayers ne

Re: Got the call today that I did'nt ever want to get.. (thoughts and prayers ne

It is done from the SBN's house Bill, rest assured.<br />Such a sad time when a young one dies.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Done & done.

brother chris

Commander

Done. They, and you, are in my prayers.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Consider it done. I am very sorry for your friends, snapper.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Such a sad bit of news, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends snapper. It's hard to find words that help at a time like this, but be assured Lenny, Stephanie and Austin will be in my prayers.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Sending them up tonight.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Consider it done Snapper.

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

in our prayers too.<br />It is indeed a sad thing to have to lay your own children to rest.

bubbakat

Captain

It is done bill.

FSHKPR

Ensign

prayers are on going snapper.

sangerwaker

Commander

Done deal here too, snapper.

oddjob

Commander

Absolutely..

dolluper

Captain

Such a shame They need all the support that you can give them now I'm sure you will be a good friend and our thoughts will be with you

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

As dolluper said, do what you can to be there for them.<br /><br />I'm praying for you and your friends.

fireman57

Captain

You got them from all in my home. I hope you noticed the word home not house. I hope and pray that they can keep theirs a home after a tragedy like this.

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Snapper<br /><br />Prayers helped Bassy, shame we didn't start earlier. We will (wife just cried) say a lot of prayers.<br /><br />some good advice has been given.Lenny Stephnie and Austin need prayers and FRIENDS now. We will pray, you be with them to help them through this tragic time.<br /><br />GR

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

A parent should never have to bury their child. A friend of mine had to do this, so I know what you are going through. Be there for Lenny, Stephanie and Austin. You won't be in the way, trust me. They need all the support they can get. And as their friend, your presence will be a comfort. Prayers will go out from my household too.

aspeck

Staff member

Prayers for Lenny, Stephanie, Austin, AND Bill from the Aspeck family.

LadyFish

Admiral

Consider it done Snap.<br /><br />No one should have to endure certain things in life but all we do nonetheless.<br /><br />My thoughts and prayers are with you and your firends for their incredible loss.