Got kids? LOCK UP YOUR **** GUNS!

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: Got kids? LOCK UP YOUR **** GUNS!

You are just an antigunner trying to hide under different cloths.
I thought so to BillP. By Wimperdinks 4th post he'd worked up to it. His 5th post keeps it even yet where he throws in "lazy". Then when achris fired up it became "same old, same old" again.<br />I posted the only way I thought best. Words like respect, resposibility, skill and safe.can't be said enough in the gun culture. <br /> <br /> jtexas, I wouldn't clump the non-gun owners with the "anti's". But more often it's the "anti" that is perfectly comfortable with ignoring the respectful, resposible, skillful and safe gun owners culture. Most often clumping them into the criminal and irresponsible who are the VAST MINORITY segment of gun...users? <br /><br />Hard rap to be part of a positive gun culture and get poked and prodded, sometimes SLAMED. And being told to "grow-up" when you speak your piece.<br /><br />As always, no hard feelings here.<br />I'm done with it...at least until the next poke and prod. :)

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> This is all very amusing.<br /><br />CHRIS delivers a broadside and attacks your country. In response, you (plural) attack MY country.<br /><br />Me thinks your sights are not pointed in the right direction.
I Agree its not a good idea<br /><br />ACHRIS<br />We (you and I) have had a lot of fun over the last year or so even on this GUN topic and hope we will over the years to come however I have to jump in with the guys on this.<br /><br />If you think America is anything like the movies "Hollywierd" makes or what is on our tele called "The News" you got another think comming..<br />They only promote the Worst!<br />Most of us can actually hit what we shoot at! :D <br /><br />Oh yea, this Troll was about Guns...<br />The best Gun Control that I know of..<br />Is to have a Steady Hand :) <br /><br />Now rather than beat up on another iboat member I think we all should chip in together and buy ACHRIS a years membership to the NRA and he could have the American Rifleman magazine delivered to his door for the next 12 months!<br /> :D :D :D <br /><br />Cheers people<br />Have a good weekend

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Ahhhhhhh,<br /><br />..."Gun Control Means Hitting Your target"..... <br /><br />Been following that philosophy for decades Link...heheheheheh

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Originally posted by BillP:<br />And the chris guy in Australia who is bashing the USA. Dude, you are 1000s of miles away and don't have a CLUE what we are about. ...the USA will be the FIRST to help YOUR country during war or major disasters. Your type will be there taking our help and we will help regardless of your bashing the USA. The USA will be the first country Australia asks to help too. BUT, WHERE is Australia right now while the USA needs help with a major hurricane disaster? <br />
Man, you couldn't be more wrong! I have lived in the mighty US of A. and I couldn't get out of there fast enough! <br /><br />Australia assisted the US in it invasion of Iraq. A few months later Australia was asked by East Timor to assist with the expulsion of the Indonesian military. Australia asked the US for help with that. The US answer was only worth spitting on. "It's not our region". Hello, when did Iraq become downtown America? The US has NEVER helped Australia. And don't drag up that crap about WWII. My step-father was a soldier in New Guniea and he holds the US military in very low regard, because of the way Australia was treaded by the mighty US miliary during that war, especially the way the 7th army was treated after holding the Japanese for 10 day (587 Australias against over 10,000 Japanese), waiting for troops the US said they were sending. They never arrived, because they were never sent! And then the Australian soldiers were accused of cowardice! Another US disgrace! And for those who don't belive me, look up "Kokoda track", but prepare to be ashamed!<br /><br />As for the current situation in New Orleans? The US authorities are hindering Australian assistance! They won't even let us get our own people out! <br /><br />And for the idiot who mis-interpreted my comments as anti-american... Get a life! Just because I don't wake up each day singing the star spangled banner and saluting the yankie flag doesn't make me anti-american. People who fly planes into buildings, they are anti-american. What I am saying is that I don't want american laws and values forced upon me, like you've done in Iraq!

Buttanic

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Wimperdink:<br /><br /><br />I hate bureaucratic bull crap but lets face it.. I'm starting to believe that before you are allowed to own a gun you must first take a govt funded gun safety course [/QB]<br /><br />We had one at one time. It was known as the draft

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

hold on thar, acris...we wouldn't join an Aussie mission in another jurisdiction and for that you spit on us? I see you have a personal beef, which explains a lot of the animosity.<br /><br />Interesting story, Kokoda Track. <br /><br />Apparently the 7th joined the battle in August 1942. "By mid-September the Australians had dug in at Imita Ridge, fifty kilometres from Port Moresby, and were ordered to hold that position. A fight to the death was expected but the Japanese, lacking sufficient supplies and fearing an American attack on their base at Buna, began to withdraw."<br /><br />The Australians pursued the Japanese retreat througout November. "The Australian advance was aided by the American 32nd Division which established bases to the south of Buna while the Australians pushed on down the Kokoda [Track] and across country from Wanigela. Gona was taken on 9 December and on 2 January 1943 Buna was captured. Sanananda, held by 600 Japanese, was not taken until 12 January. The Papuan campaign ended with the surrender of Japanese survivors on 22 January.<br />Out of a force of about 20,000 the Japanese had lost 13,000, most of whom had fought to the death rather than surrender. The campaign cost Australia over 6000 casualties. Tropical diseases, as much as the fighting, had taken their toll on both armies."<br /><br />A very costly campaign.<br /><br />Anyway, we are pleased that you are happy where you are now; feel free to visit again any time you like.<br /><br />almost forgot, what would you like us to do if your country is ever overtaken by a homicidal dictator? If you like, we could arrange for free elections.

BillP

Captain

acris, <br />You don't know jack about the USA. My business worked for FEMA last yr in hurricane disaster recovery. You are eat up with misinformation about the USA. Where are your sources that say you can't get Australians out of New Orleans? Post them here. But let me understand something first...whoever was turned down wanted to only save Australians and were going to leave everyone else on rooftops? You're a piece of work and so is the bogus propaganda your statement is. The only way that would be turned down is if you based rescues on race, color, religion or nationality. That is against the law here. I guess that's what makes the USA great. We help no matter who you are...even if not a citizen. <br /><br />When and where did the USA try to instill their ways on Australia? Seems you need to study up on how your govt works too. Here's a paste off the official Aus Govt site. There are plenty more like it but I don't have time...<br /><br />... the Fathers of Federation in Australia looked to the US Constitution for inspiration. Many features of their national government, even the names of the two Houses in the Australian Federal Parliament – the Senate and the House of Representatives – reflect the American experience <br /><br /><br />Doesn't that just bite your azz? :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Almost forgot, achris...from ABC News Online, Sept 2: <br />"The Parliamentary Secretary for Foreign Affairs, Bruce Billson, says Australian families are understandably frustrated at the lack of information available. But he says US authorities have good reason not to allow foreign representatives into the area."<br /><br />and here's what your government has to say<br /><br />"US authorities continue to limit entry into the disaster region by consular officials from all Embassies, including the Australian Embassy."<br /><br />"Australians in the affected areas should follow the advice of local authorities."<br /><br />and from the Australian press: <br />"The Prime Minister has apologised to the Australians left stranded in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.<br />Australians trapped in the disaster zone have said they are angry their Government did not help them get out. "<br />"Several Australian families say Commonwealth [Australian] authorities treated them poorly as they tried to get information about relatives stuck on the US Gulf Coast during Hurricane Katrina."<br /><br />And your Foreign Minister <br />announced a donation of AU$10 million to the Red Cross (thanks, by the way)...anything about "hindering assistance?" Nope.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Ok mods... why do you let this **** go on and on and on? You poof other less offensive threads but allow assholes like achris spout off at the mouth. I, for one , am mighty tired of his anti American bull****. The astrisks aren't of my doing... I didn't type astrisks.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Achris you got it all figured out. By the way we all do really wear cowboy hats and guns on our belts,, don't let anybody tell ya any different. <br /><br />Americans have the right to bear arms,, why just last week I went into the grocery store with a sleeveless shirt.<br /><br />
0096.jpg

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Me thinks that achris had some sort of bad experience in the USA. Thus the person has an opinion that we the USA are bad apples.<br /><br />I will surmise that achris was smitten with a blonde female (or male!!!???) who rejected himself.<br /><br />achris, mind your own business in your homeland. You certainly have no business recommending what I should believe or act upon I my country. My God Man.......

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by jspitzer:<br /> I have two kids in my house and they wouldn't even think about getting into my guns, in fact they are scared of them. do I lock them up?? you bet I do, not only that but I put my ammo in a different spot,locked up. Do I think my kids would ever get into my guns?? Heck no, But then you never know. Kids are very curious and if you don't show them what they are all about they will find out for themselves...
A gun owner with a brain! Wow! I salute you jspitzer, too bad the other posters here aren't as enlightened and intelligent as you. There'd be a whole lot less "accidents" out there.<br /><br />
Originally posted by wimperdink:<br />Gun Control is not to be managed by liberals, Govt., Anti gun activists, NRA, or Pro gun activists. Its the responsibility of every gun owner, especially those who are parents. GROW UP
I, again, agree 100%. Too bad those resistive to our idea are too arrogant to consider an opposing view-point. That's all we asked in the first place.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Originally posted by BillP:<br /> <br />... the Fathers of Federation in Australia looked to the US Constitution for inspiration. Many features of their national government, even the names of the two Houses in the Australian Federal Parliament – the Senate and the House of Representatives – reflect the American experience
Complete crap!!! The Australian government system is based on the British Westminster system. Shows how much YOU know!

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Whimper****, I think your name sums it up. Achris, you can't fix boats, so why do you think you can solve gun problems. I have guns, loaded and ready to use, this is my right, and my responsibility. It's pretty simple, come into my house without my invitation you will be shot, no questions, no appologies. If you really think you will get my gun from me and use it on me....go for it...I bet you will be wrong. Most likely, you will be suprised to find that I am armed and unlike other weak people you will get you aarse shot at. So far, in my neiborhood this has not been needed, but if it becomes needed it will happen. If my son becomes "postal" and takes a gun to school, it is against everything I have taught him, perhaps you should teach your kids not to mess with a kid that has firearms at his disposal. The only thing I can say is that there are no "wimper****s" at this house. If any of us point a gun at you, we intend to use it (go crawl under a porch).

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

myguns.jpg
<br /><br /> If this works it's a pic of my handguns. My house is armed and I carry legally. I'm not going to sit and hope that the cops or government rushes to my house to protect me and mine. I'm sure that they'd show up after we were all dead.

BillP

Captain

Originally posted by achris:<br />
Originally posted by BillP:<br /> <br />... the Fathers of Federation in Australia looked to the US Constitution for inspiration. Many features of their national government, even the names of the two Houses in the Australian Federal Parliament – the Senate and the House of Representatives – reflect the American experience
Complete crap!!! The Australian government system is based on the British Westminster system. Shows how much YOU know!
Like I already said, that paste came directly off the official Australia Govt web site.

Tinkrr

Recruit

Originally posted by BillP:<br />
Originally posted by achris:<br />
Like I already said, that paste came directly off the official Australia Govt web site.
Now you've gone too far!<br /><br />Do you really expect us to believe our government? :D

BillP

Captain

About as much as we believe ours! :D

Homerr

Commander

WOW... We agreed on something!<br /><br /> :) <br /><br /><br />H.