FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
my 1986 sea ray cuddy has a separate panel over the gas tank I would like to make that one whole deck is that recommended. I feel if I do this I will have less chance of water getting down on to my new stringers
Listen to the man now there is no reason you can't create a sealed covering that is still removable. For example cut a piece of plywood with a 1/4" gap all round to fit the howl for the gas tank and glass that in and over then you have a fiberglass line where to cut if you ever need to remove the tank and that same cut piece can be glassed back in are tank replacement. Or you can use a lip and seal or any number of ways to do it.