Gimme a Beer and a Brat

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Gimme a Beer and a Brat

Lutefisk and Lefse. I grew up at a very German Lutheran Church. They had Lutefisk and Lefse banquets. And of course Potluck. I can't say I ever tried lutefisk, but I probably did real young and didn't like it. Lefse is okay.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Cheese steaks and hoagies are the deal around these parts, along with wings. And of course plenty of cold suds.<br /><br />You aint a true pennsylvanian if dont eat scrapple. And lest we forget tastycakes, apple butter, corn pie, funnycake, shoefly pie,, Damn I am getting hungry!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

balut - a fertilised egg with a partially developed duckling, which is eaten boiled. Balut is a very nutritious snack food, Fillipino.<br /><br />I just thought you would all like to know. Now that you do, don't you wish you didn't. :p <br /><br />Willy sounds like you had a few Norwegians in that church.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

by Pointer<br />
Ever read the daily log in the local newspaper and notice that most of the speeders in the area are from out of town.
Thats par for the course Pointer.. same thing in my area at the time too.<br /><br />another thing was the 'Lakeshore' accent.. "YHA KNOW?!" it still kills me.<br /><br />smelting... now theres a team sport thats a RIOT!. . . I'll leave that alone though. :D

oddjob

Commander

Tastes just like a hard boiled egg...a bit crunchy cause of the legs...ignor that and the sight and smell and it aint half bad. It would be bad mannors to turn it down if offered in the PI. My mother taught me to always have good mannors. I would like to try smelt one day. Heard nothing but good things about it. :)

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WBW,<br /> you would be proud of my church. Every year our town has a BBQ cook off draws cooking teams from everywhere. They block off the town square have music, kids stuff and food. For our church mens group fund raiser we sale brats and dogs with all the fixins at this BBQ thing (the beer has to be behind the sences). But I will have to agree its not bad. we used to get our brats from somewhere up there. <br />James

eeboater

Commander

Hey FSHKPR,<br /><br />Graduated in 97, little bro graduated in 99. When did you graduate? I grew up in the house that is across the street from the old Donut shop on oneida street, across from Delsart Electric.<br /><br />Sean

phatmanmike

Captain

Originally posted by Flahthead:<br /> Cheese steaks and hoagies are the deal around these parts, along with wings. And of course plenty of cold suds.<br /><br />You aint a true pennsylvanian if dont eat scrapple. And lest we forget tastycakes, apple butter, corn pie, funnycake, shoefly pie,, Damn I am getting hungry!
i have many a family meber in south easterpa, in dutch country, and ive eaten ALL of those foods, EVERY time i go up

KaGee

Admiral

The wife grew up in PA. Funny how many people around here don't know what Shoefly Pie is!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

oddjob - If you can find a store or restaurant that gets fresh or flash frozen smelt and has a decent reputation for it.. I definately recommend giving it a shot!<br />Living in Florida, I know you don't have a shortage of 'Catch of the day' but smelt is good finger food if you get the chance.<br /><br />---<br /><br />ahhhh ... Shoefly Pie. <br /><br />"Holy Amish cakes Batman!" - I'll take a slice and a gallon of milk please!<br /><br />---<br /><br /> :D ;) :D @Pointer

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

How 'bout Chitlins y'all? <br /><br /><br />yuck!

FSHKPR

Ensign

ee boater graduated in 76. grew up across the street from pioneer grade school.

FSHKPR

Ensign

okay maybe i did not grow up yet but thats where i spent my younger years

eeboater

Commander

No kidding. I spent about 4 years on Violet Ln -- just off Packerland and Carol Dr. Went to Pioneer for 1/2 a year... Moved to GB when I was half-way through 5th grade. At the time, Poineer went up to grade 5.<br /><br />I've played countless soccer games in the parks across the street. <br /><br />Do you have any kids -- if so, they may be my age. (Born in March '79)<br /><br />Sean

oddjob

Commander

How 'bout Chitlins y'all? <br /><br /><br />yuck!<br />
You must have forgot the "hot sauce"!<br /> <br /><br />Try again....I will...I just dont know how to cook em right. Does anyone here?