George on vacation

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Re: George on vacation

If you were interested on how others felt you would have asked. How does anybody feel about Bush taking a vacation????<br /> <br />Instead you said I quote<br /><br />"Ain't it great, we are at war, young men and women dying every day and our fearless, I did not know I was supposed to show up at National Guard Training leader is taking a 5 week vacation. I have had enough of his flag waving "Bring it on!!!" bs while he sits back. How about you?" <br /><br />That is a troll looking for a reaction........

LadyFish

Admiral

First txwinner, thank you for your service.<br /><br />Secondly, here is the definition of a troll:<br /><br />1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on {Usenet} designed to attract predictable responses or {flame}s; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for{newbie}s" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. <br /><br />Your initial post came across as a troll even if you didn't mean it to. I almost pounced on it myself.<br /><br />No harm done. Okay, now everybody take a deep breath.

txswinner

Banned

Ok now I am a troll. I only thought of two kinds of troll, one under a bridge and the other an attempt to catch a fish, now be more learned.

LadyFish

Admiral

Whether intended or not we all post trolls from time to time txwinner. ;) <br /><br />Its impossible to post a politically slanted opinion without knowing what kind of response you're gonna get, especially here....hence, a troll.

txswinner

Banned

Hey Ladyfish, I have been called a lot worse than a troll, in fact I am not sure I am offended lol. Keep your boat above Water.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br /> The guy has got the worst and hardest job in this country......and hey maybe the world. Why should he get a break? We should work him till he is comply worn out and he makes a mistake......oh wait I bet you and all your liberal buddies would love that then you might a have a real reason to complain...........Let me ask you txswinner and mrbscott, when you take a vacation do you do any work? I bet not. I bet he is close to just as busy as he is when hes at the white house. You guys are funny, funny in bad way.......next time you want to troll at least bring up a subject that is really a concern and quit wasting bandwith, unless you enjoy getting spanked :D
Hate to tell you, but Bush wanted the job!! I don't care how hard it is. It's also the most powerful job, and power corrupts. Maybe it was so he could take so much vacation. He'd never get that much doing anything else, thats for sure.<br /><br />Do you really expect anyone to believe that him going off to his ranch is just as work intensive as the WH? If thats the case, why would he even go? And I'm sorry, but with whats going on in the world, the very last thing on his mind should be Crawford, Tx. Sorry but I don't think he, or any other President deserves time away like this, especially while we're in the middle of a war. Afterall, he is the War President, right? Looks more like the "lets go play some golf" President to me.<br /><br /><br />It's actually kinda pathetic when you go and look at the vacation days of the last few sitting Presidents.<br /><br />Bush Jr. - 319 so far<br />Clinton - 152 days<br />Bush Sr. - 543 days<br />Reagan - 335 days<br />Carter - 79 days<br /><br />Seems Republicans, regardless of the Countrys' affairs, just gotta have their 10 weeks of vacation a year, while the dems take less than 3. For some reason, that doesn't surprise me. But what can you expect from people who have never had to do real work a day in their lives?

oddjob

Commander

Pure BS, I was never counting when the libs were in the office. Guess I didnt have the time on my hands. I wont waste my time time researching either. Thats a petty, grabbing at any straw, winy(sp) statement. Maybe you guys can use the #'s if true to win back the w-house. But hey, say what your going to do, and then do it....you can problaby afford to take your vacation. <br /><br />I know Carter and fam. spent more time listed in camp david. aka club med. and Clinton, he was happy to stay in the oval orifus with monica, why would he want to leave?.....why he could bang Monica all afternoon while Yasser Arafat waited in the lobby.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Realgun:<br /> I wish I could go on Vacation.
Me thinks I will go on vacation.<br /><br />Them poor dems, get's no vacations.<br />Heck, Billy boy couldn't tear himself away from the interns long enough to go on one. :rolleyes: <br /><br />And as oj said, pure bs. If it's something GW does, it's bad. The dems do it, it's good. What a crock.

D

DJ

If anybody thinks that he actually HAS A VACATION, you're dillusional.<br /><br />The site may change, the JOB does not.

txswinner

Banned

SBN, What is going on you are not yawning anymore, maybe this was a better topic than first thought. Quick to critize this poor dumb troll.

Triton II

Commander

Wow... and I thought us Aussies bagged politicians from all sides of the political spectrum. As an outsider looking in, this thread is an interesting insight into US public opinion so troll or not please keep posting this kind of stuff... I'm learning! Thanks, :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> SBN, What is going on you are not yawning anymore, maybe this was a better topic than first thought. Quick to critize this poor dumb troll.
Nope, woke up and seen, yep a troll. :p

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> SBN, What is going on you are not yawning anymore, maybe this was a better topic than first thought. Quick to critize this poor dumb troll.
And that, my friend, is a trollish remark!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /><br />It's actually kinda pathetic when you go and look at the vacation days of the last few sitting Presidents.<br /><br />Bush Jr. - 319 so far<br />Clinton - 152 days<br />Bush Sr. - 543 days<br />Reagan - 335 days<br />Carter - 79 days<br /><br />[/QB]
What do ya call what Clinton did with Monica while NOT on vacation? I guess when you look at her it might have been considered work.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Triton, us guys are more united than those others will ever be ;) , but .....it is fun to follow them tho. Wouldn't miss a minute of it.<br />I have learnt so much since belonging to uboats.<br />I have reason to make the trip to the US one day, so am really looking forward to seeing some of these fellas in the flesh. :D <br />Cheers<br />Phillip

tony779

Cadet

I'll be leaving for Iraq in a few weeks and I am going gladly. I have no problem with the war because I know the truth of what is happening and I took a 4 week vacation last year and 3 this year and did absolutely no work while there. Most troops I know like and respect President Bush and hate those who attack him and say the war is wrong. I am not pleased with all of his actions and decisions nor was I with Clinton. But I serve just the same and if I have a problem with a policy I write letters to my Senators and Representatives and offer my solutions to them without calling anyone names. I have no problems with the President taking a vacation. I do have a problem with those who say they are dissenters but are really just calling OUR President names and attacking him personally. If you disagree with something the President does then give constructive criticism and offer a solution. Otherwise shut up.

tony779

Cadet

I'll be leaving for Iraq in a few weeks and I am going gladly. I have no problem with the war because I know the truth of what is happening and I took a 4 week vacation last year and 3 this year and did absolutely no work while there. Most troops I know like and respect President Bush and hate those who attack him and say the war is wrong. I am not pleased with all of his actions and decisions nor was I with Clinton. But I serve just the same and if I have a problem with a policy I write letters to my Senators and Representatives and offer my solutions to them without calling anyone names. I have no problems with the President taking a vacation. I do have a problem with those who say they are dissenters but are really just calling OUR President names and attacking him personally. If you disagree with something the President does then give constructive criticism and offer a solution. Otherwise shut up.