Gas prices?

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Gas prices?

Puget Sound ARCO (which I do not buy due to the Ethanol in the gas) $1.76.9/gal...I buy at Safeway or Fred Meyer, which is $1.81/gal last Saturday...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Filled up with 93octane yesterday at $1.73. It was as high as $2.27 last Summer.<br /><br />I have seen 87 at as low as $1.55 lately.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here at Wally World the sign price is 1.54 then they give you a .05 discount for a pump price of 1.49. Now how good is that. :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by RetNav:<br /> Here at Wally World the sign price is 1.54 then they give you a .05 discount for a pump price of 1.49. Now how good is that. :D
You must live in a conservative area, otherwize you'd have about 20 or 30 cents more in taxes. The Dems just think we don't pay enough for gasoline. They think it's not faaair that we are not on par with their beloved Wooooooorld.<br />(see poor ole 62-kiwi) Of course, you know, it's ok for the Dems to raise the snot out of the taxes but let the free market increase the price and listen to em squeal like stuck pigs.

JB

Hmmmm. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but if I was. . . . <br /><br />Oil Executive to bean counter: "We need to raise the price of regular to at least a buck fifty."<br /><br />BC: "No way! It would start a consumer revolt!"<br /><br />Ex: "Well, let's wait for some sort of bump in oil prices or a hurricane or two. Then we raise it to two bux, wait a few months, REDUCE it to a buck fifty and nobody will complain. VIOLA!, We get our buck fifty with no pain."<br /><br />BC: "That'll work." :D <br /><br />Scary, huh?

KennyKenCan

Commander

Paid $1.93 for 87 octane at AMMOCO here on Long Island. Silver, which is 89 octane sells for $2.17, and for Premium, 93 octane, its $2.25! Diesel fuel here is $2.45!!<br /><br />Price at the dock, still $2.49 for 89 octane.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

JB - I don't think it's a conspiracy, I believe that's the way oil companies do it. And, yep, folks are "happy" to see gas at $1.65 - who'd a thunk it?

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Hmmmm. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but if I was. . . . <br /><br />Oil Executive to bean counter: "We need to raise the price of regular to at least a buck fifty."<br /><br />BC: "No way! It would start a consumer revolt!"<br /><br />Ex: "Well, let's wait for some sort of bump in oil prices or a hurricane or two. Then we raise it to two bux, wait a few months, REDUCE it to a buck fifty and nobody will complain. VIOLA!, We get our buck fifty with no pain."<br /><br />BC: "That'll work." :D <br /><br />Scary, huh?
So I am not the only one who has noticed that??<br /><br />Who woulda thunk I would be happy to see $1.75 or so for a gallon of gas?<br />I remember my parents filling up the car at $0.25 a gallon. :( <br /><br /><br />AK Chappy

Stratosfied

Ensign

Here in LA (Lower Alabama) the going rate is $1.83. Never thought I'd see the day when I wished for $1.50 Gas :(

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Pardon me for having a rant here (from a New Zealand perspective) - but if there's a conspiracy happening in NZ, it's the government, not the oil companies.<br /><br />The level of petrol/gasoline taxes that we get charged down here make my blood boil (only when I think about it, which is fortunate). It's a dishonest and underhanded method of taxation and it generates massive revenues for a government that seems hell bent on making the average Kiwi dependent on the nanny state - by taking their cash away from them and then effectively handing it out again in the very inefficient form of state funded services.<br /><br />From my observations, I'd say that NZ's current government is considerably more left wing than your Democratic party - very scary (for me).<br /><br />One of our suppliers (BP) is distributing a card to it's customers which shows a graphic breakdown of how NZ's price of petrol/gas is made up - which is as follows;<br /><br />11% Operating Costs, Wholesale and Retail margin<br />50% Taxes<br />4% International shipping costs (remember we're in a very remote location)<br />35% Crude Oil and Refining Costs<br /><br />So if I earn $100, $39 gets taken in income tax. That leaves $61 for buying gas - of which $30.50 is tax again. In other words, of my original $100, $69.50 goes to the tax man and a mere $30.50 goes to the supplier to pay for the gas...daylight robbery :rolleyes: <br /><br />Sorry - rant over (phew!). From my perspective, when it comes to gas prices, you guys in the USA have it lucky - you're only paying half price! :)

ehenry

Commander

$1.53 is the cheapest I've seen it around here. On average its $1.60, $1.70, $1.80 for the 3 grades. Just glad I'm not driving a diesel. Somebody tell me whats up the with price of diesel...why is it so much higher than gas....It use to be cheaper.<br /><br />When I started driving in 1973 I was .45 cents a gallon. 32 cents a gallon when I was pushing a lawn mower mowing yards for $3 per.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I filled up at Shell for 1.599 yesterday in the middle of the DFW metroplex.<br /><br />BTW, JB, as a "bean counter" myself I have two comments:<br />1. I hate the term "bean counter;"<br />B. Us bean counters never ever render an opinion on consumer behavior - numbers are just so much more reliable! ;)

JB

Sorry about that, JT. I should have made him a lawyer. :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by 62_Kiwi:<br /> Sorry - rant over (phew!). From my perspective, when it comes to gas prices, you guys in the USA have it lucky - you're only paying half price! :)
62_, the only lucky part is that we have been more successfull at holding the American Libs at bay. If they had their way, we'd have been in the same boat you are, decades ago. They are continously whining that it is unfaaaaaaaaair that we pay less than the rest of the World. In other words, let us (the Libs) collect the difference in taxes.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I live In Ct A few miles from Massachestnuts I buy gas there because there is almost .25 differance because of the gas tax I paided $1.599 Saturday a lot cheaper than CT..........

rolmops

Vice Admiral

87 octane is $2.12 a gallon in Rochester,NY.

dick

Chief Petty Officer

Reg. gas is 80.9 or .98 cents a liter in US at todays exchange.

orca

Chief Petty Officer

G,Day. Here in South Australia Juice is about $0.90 per litre, the price appears to fluctuate daily. At my favourite water ski ing spot the price is $1.20 Per liter. That works out to be $7.50 extra per 25L (5 gal) tank :mad:

Twidget

Commander

$1.55 at Kroger before the .03 discount. Sign on the pump says 70 cents of it goes to taxes. Go figure.