Gas Prices After Katrina

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Gas Prices After Katrina

Youch!<br /><br />From CNN -- "There's no question gas will hit $4 a gallon," Ben Brockwell, director of pricing at the Oil Price Information Service, said. "The question is how high will it go and how long will it last?"

gonefishie

Commander

MAN...THIS F..KING SUCKS!SUCKS! SUCKS! THINK I'M GONNA CRY..... :mad: :(

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I filled my service van at 10am tues morn @ $2.659 then by noon it went to $2.759. Wed morn it was @$3.099 and diesel at $2.599. I thought I should fill my diesel up since it was sitting on empty. This was around 10am. Took my truck home after filling it up. This station is only 1/8 mile from my house. By the time I parked my truck and headed back down the road in my van, diesel was up to $2.899! Just glad I got it before it raised. Would have cost me an extra $15.00 extra for just the price increase :mad: Bad enough putting in $119.55 worth. <br /><br />WOW, heard today that the EPA is lifting restrictions on the refiners. This is surpose to speed up production. I won't believe it until it happens.

NYMINUTE

Captain

NE Indiana $3.299 from $2.799. This has to collapse sometime. Maybe the time is now to boycott. But as usual those who have the $$ will do as they see fit, and it will fail.

txswinner

Banned

Sen. Breaux(R) announced yesterday that the Citgo refinery in Lake Charles has capacity to refine an additional 500,000 barrels per day. Problem addressed was there is no place to sell it. Sounds like shortage to me.

txswinner

Banned

That is 13 billion gallons of gasoline plus the other products. Kind of throws the proverbial wrench in the ecomonic supply and demand model.

Pony

Rear Admiral

just saw $3.39 on the way back home this afternoon.

txswinner

Banned

Don't know if you saw but Brett was on TV his Mom lost her home and everything. He gave a really nice testimonial that was truly heartfelt. I know he has the finances to handle it but My prayers will include him and his family.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Hmmm... guess none of yall own gas stations, cause if you did, you would be jumping for joy. :D <br /><br />(NO I DONT OWN A GAS STATION)<br /><br />It all boils down to whether or not you believe gasoline is a nessicity of life. Our government regulates electricity because they believe it is a nessicity. So far, they dont believe gas is.<br /><br />Ken

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> Sen. Breaux(R) announced yesterday that the Citgo refinery in Lake Charles has capacity to refine an additional 500,000 barrels per day. Problem addressed was there is no place to sell it. Sounds like shortage to me.
It would to a liberal....there lies your problem.....There ARE places to sell you ninny...just not in the imediate disaster struck areas....I'm sure you know this, but because it doesnt fit into your anti-American liberal agenda...you conveinently omitted that fact. <br /><br />Silly rabbit!

Pony

Rear Admiral

txswinner- yeah i did see that. I really wish i could be more like him. He handles adversity so well. His wife was just on a tv special with a news station here, and it just seems like that family in general are just humble great people.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> I wrote freeze gas price and get blasted. This thread actually addresses what I was trying to get across. Thanks Ladyfish, it is all about price gouging.
I dont see where LF is joining your mantra...she's just stating what she see's or hears. I didnt read her the way you did...I read her for what she said, not for what you believe...<br /><br />Take note at the liberals using this disaster to forward their liberal, wacko, agendas....with the ever present condesending tone. Typical...and predictable.

skeeterboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

4.99 a gal in atlanta just saw on CNN now thats outrageous!!

D

DJ

Get used to it. WE DID IT TO ourselves.<br /><br />We allowed liberal environmentalists to dictate our energy policy-for YEARS.<br /><br />Thus, we have:<br /><br />1. Untold number of "blends" dependant on some politicians view of the environment, in their area.<br /><br />2. Shrinking refining capacity. No new refineries, in the last 20+ years.<br /><br />3. Can't drill here, can't drill there.<br /><br />Enjoy the bed we made.

txswinner

Banned

It is not the President he has no control over any of this. Not the Republican congress it is economics. Yes supply and demand.<br /><br />Like the two bright guys DJ and Oddjob said it is the darn LIBERALS fault.<br /><br />You two are classics.

rwise

Captain

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br />
Originally posted by rwise:<br /> $2.79 here this morn, and expected to go up .30 in a day or two. Can I convert my trolling moter to power the truck?
ZmOz knows how to do that :p :D
LMAO! Oh and $2.899 this morn.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Update to yesterdays post: Yesterday (8/30/05) AM $2.39 Gal. Yesterday PM $2.55 Gal. Price 8/31/05 midday $2.89, Price 9/1/05 AM $3.18 :( :( (muttered in frustration)......... At this rate should make $15.00 a gal. by the end of Sept. :eek: :eek: