Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Like brand new is slightly before best before date. If I want a laff I go to Craigs list and the other places people will sell anything and everything. There was a guy here in Canada where we have Kijiji selling what he called a home grown herbal supplement, not to be confused with Marijuana and got busted for it.

roffey

Commander
I bet that seller lost his dog and now has two bags of dog food... Kind of sad.

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
https://peoria.craigslist.org/boa/d/...750559286.html
$900? thinking hes got a lot invested in that paintjob? doesn't look like enough horses and to old for that coin. possibly adding the HP to the ad could seriously increase possible interest, not enough features either lol .
Boat motor features include: Tiller handle, short shaft, manual start
Runs good. You can see it run for yourself.

Attachments

• photo304730.jpg
    photo304730.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
https://peoria.craigslist.org/boa/d/...750559286.html
$900? thinking hes got a lot invested in that paintjob? doesn't look like enough horses and to old for that coin. possibly adding the HP to the ad could seriously increase possible interest, not enough features either lol .
Boat motor features include: Tiller handle, short shaft, manual start
Runs good. You can see it run for yourself.

Must be the custom paint job :(

WIMUSKY

Staff member
With the weeds around it he has had it for some time. Why he hasn't picked up the title yet is anyone's guess.

Runs fine, yeah, what year was that, it needs to be shoveled out first. Knows the motor, but not the boat. And he kindly is including the trailer.....:rolleyes: Last registration was in NC and he lives in WI......

Big Gee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For all the toon fans:

https://maine.craigslist.org/boa/d/pontoon-boat-and-trailer/6744573861.html

00g0g_3PgARWtz54I_600x450.jpg

roffey

Commander
got to love that, $3500 for a boat with no seats, no helm but the (force) motor runs with no carbs... You would think you would take a leaf blower and pressure wash before taking a picture of a boat you want $3500 for.

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
i might give a grand for the toon. as I like rebuilding stuff and do need a toon for the kids. but $3500? and I have to track down the seats? and totally rebuild? ya not even close.

roffey

Commander
but he does have a good idea. He is a metal scrap collector. When people get tired of looking at an old lawn ornament they just want it gone, he's your man. $20 here and there add up at the end of the day. Been their done that...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I pick up pop and beer cans all the time when I see them, helps keep things cleaned up and I get to make a bit of money doing my part, I have one 1/4 ton pickup full of cans right now and about a dozen lawn an leaf bags full, figure there is about $500 dollars of cans saved up.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I pick up pop and beer cans all the time when I see them, helps keep things cleaned up and I get to make a bit of money doing my part, I have one 1/4 ton pickup full of cans right now and about a dozen lawn an leaf bags full, figure there is about $500 dollars of cans saved up.

How long does it take to collect 1,111 pounds of aluminum cans?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
How long does it take to collect 1,111 pounds of aluminum cans?

I have been picking cans up for a little over 3 years now, one of the benefits or curses when you live in a state with no recycling programs...

I live in an area of the state that has no recycling, so a lot of junk ends up thrown in the ditches out in the woods and we have a lot of woods around here.