Frustrating first project

Okie archer

Cadet
Re: Frustrating first project

I need to come down and go up the river with ya! I'm up in Owasso and have been trying to find ferals for a couple years. I'm kinda in the same situation as you, I just bought a 14ft aluminum and I'm having to do a lot more work than planned, but I won't risk anything with my kids on board. It's a heckuva lot of work but I'll have a nice little boat when I'm done. Problem is, their tearing up crappie already on Oolagah and my boats in the garage! Oh well, it's a blizzard this weekend anyway. Oklahoma for ya.:rolleyes:

Tim

Yeah, we came home early from our spring break camping trip because of the weather. Have you talked to any wildlife officials in your area? They should give you advice to find them. Especially when they find out you want to help slow their spread. I have a friend who works for Fish and Game as a bilogist. If you cannot find someone to give you advice let me know and I will holler at him. I haven't actually had a successful hunt yet, but once the Canadian river gets to flowing better and the catfish are on their way up it will be time.

I am currently on the unt for something that can be fixed. I had to scrap that boat. It would cost way too much to fix it if I even could. Good thing there are a few around.

bananaboater

Ensign

One suggestion that would help us read the pics better would be to hit return between them. That puts a space between them and reduces patterns that might "run" together.

Okie archer

Cadet

Yeah craigslist will be flooded with them now, but the prices keep going up the warmer it gets outside. You may just look around small towns and rural areas for boats beside a barn with junk piled up inside them. Knock on the door and see what they want for it. My buddy did that up around Talala and ended up with a 10ft flat bottom that looks dang near new, for free! The guy said if he wanted it, take it. I don't get that lucky, but it's an idea you might consider.

Later man

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

sorry to hear you had to scrap her, next time around youll be better informed of what your looking for and at.
hope your search works out for you this time around. D

moonfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Frustrating pictures

Re: Frustrating pictures

It almost looks like the holes are in the side or the transom maybe even above the waterline? Can't really tell. Where they are is 100% important.

Boats that size and style are pretty inexpensive. Time and gas and patch materials might cost 1/3 of one if you can locate one. I'd put out a WTB add because the sellers aren't in a hurry most of the time.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Since ya scrapped this one..Never said what make it was, or I missed it..

Here is a 14ft Starcraft (a few of us have a soft spot for em..lol) with a 9.9, they are asking 7 bills, but thats with a 9.9 that you may be able to exclude and lower the price..

Good luck..

http://enid.craigslist.org/boa/1645667893.html

moonfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm a negative guy sometimes but I don't think I'd want an outboard "bored out."

I venture to say that can't be good. Not that it reflects on the boat.

That is one bleak craiglist.

Okie archer

Cadet

I wouldn't mind bored over a little if it had been rebuilt, but I've never heard it referred to as bored to a 12 horse. I'd find out how much they bored it over, as ling as the walls aren't too thin it will be fine. Of course my knowledge is from automotive when I was with GM (now stands for government motors I think;))
Outboards are a little different.

That's a good deal though for $700, I paid $600 for the one I bought a few weeks ago and its a '59 model boat with a '74 model 9.8 Mercury 110.

I really liked that starcraft. The only problem is that it is a deep-v and I would like a modified v. I found one up in Wichita that may still be open, and my father in law is going to go look at a lonestar for me tommorrow. It needs runners and a transom put in, but is supposed to have new paint. With a trailer for $350 sounds like a good deal, but I am worried about the setup. He said it needs plywood runners and a 2x6 transom. That is weird from what I have read on here. I want to make sure I am getting a good boat this time. I have a 9.9 Nissan, but the transom must be strong because I will need to add a jackplate.

okie archer- Nice to know I am not the only one calling GM that, most people do not care about where their tax dollars go!